Skip to content

DogBook

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DogBook

  1. I forgot to mention, as you can see in the 2nd photo there was some kind of dark grey sealant around the manifold as if it was leaking before and someones tried to stop it 😳 These kinds of leaks don’t stop with sealant applied to the outside.
  2. Last year I had the oil separator replaced with new hose which connects to the inlet manifold. All good for months, now I have found oil down the front from higher up that tracks all the way down to the engine torque mount. After cleaning it all up and attaching a clip to the new pipe which wasn’t at all tight on connector I can see oil around the outside of the connector as if this is screwed in or a separate part which is moulded into the manifold during manufacture. Has anyone had experience with this manifold as its different to the earlier 1.2 engine? Searches brought up nothing, I don’t want to replace the whole thing when something like the PCV on the cam cover would stop this but then do not want to go needless part swapping if it can be avoided. I do not know the layout of the manifold and whether there is a none return in there somewhere. It looks like there should be, when the engine is boosting you don’t want it pushing air down there. They normally work so when its on load it closes then draws the gases out off load. I think? πŸ˜•
  3. Also to note, which a few years back I made myself look really stupid is normal spring compressors wont work on SUV springs as they are taller. So the set which worked ok on my Vectra C were way to short for Mokka road springs. So if I had to do my own job on the Yeti I would have to buy a longer set. Given the struggle on the drive anyway with the bar ones and an impact gun I'd prefer to nip them to a garage with a proper compressor and just swap the top mounts or fit them there for minimal cost and massive speed increase and safety of the job.
  4. Mine does this too, but even looking at that link there is so much text and its not letting me see links anyway. Is there any other easy way to get the download? Plus how do i get it into my head unit πŸ€”
  5. Call TPS and with your VRN they will be able to tell if you cant get the road wheel off.
  6. Highly unlikely to be Citigo only but something any braking system could replicate. If you cant strip and clean them yourself then yeah get them looked at, something isnt right for them to grip that much even for a few hours.
  7. Yeah its not say 5 years old is it? With the availability of good parts I wish many years ago I had ditched my Vectra VXR in favour of say some estate VRS or Superb 4x4 with at least the 2.0t petrol. Had our Yeti just over a year, ignoring repair work expected of an ageing high mileage car its solid and at least VCDS is very good and theres tons of support out there for it. I'm glad I kept in with the all season tyres with brand new on the front last July, the Maxxis are keeping it in shape on these frozen roads well. The Michelin Pilot Sport 5 on the Vectra not so πŸ˜‚
  8. The joys. We’ve been ran around in circles a few times with issues on our steam system. Then like you you realise something you swapped was actually faulty and it helps you fix other issues it highlights. If it helps, I found going to Nepal and visiting Boudha Stupa very peaceful and calming away from our western problems 🀣
  9. hehe sometimes the simplest of things eh.
  10. Might be saying the obvious but some have mentioned an engine issue. The car sounds like an auto and the noise isnt engine speed related its road speed related so that moves the culprits to certain areas in my opinion. As its 4x4 maybe its a shaft bearing or a coupling?
  11. Or just go and ask TPS, they would also sell you one at normal trade price and deliver it to your door.
  12. Well remapping is engine only, it just runs the engine nothing else. It wont affect how the engines ECU talks to other things thats different firmware that I know nothing about other than in Vauxhall land would be called SPS Security Program Software which most modules could be updated etc but not written to do different things.
  13. Should be able to see it all there, its at the right hand side of the intake manifold. https://catcar.info/audivw/?lang=en&l=c3RzPT17IjEwIjoiQnJhbmQiLCIyMCI6IlNLT0RBIiwiNDAiOiJZZXRpIEV1cm9wZSIsIjUwIjoiMjAxNSIsIjYwIjoiRW5naW5lIiwiNzAiOiIxMzMwMCJ9fHxzdD09NzB8fGJyYW5kPT1za3x8bWFya2V0PT1DWnx8bWRsPT1ZRVQgIHx8RXBpcz09Nzc5fHxFaW5zYXR6PT0yMDE1fHxNYWluR3JvdXA9PTF8fEJpbGR0YWZlbD09MTMzMDB8fEdyYWZpaz09MDEzMzM1NzQ3
  14. DogBook replied to MRW's topic in Skoda Yeti
    Hey m8, this is an old thread you know. Sunvisors didnt exist after 2018, my 2015 Yeti didnt come with them πŸ˜† Oh and don't even think I would write m8 normally sat at my PC.....
  15. But we do not know if this is happening with no controls activating, they didn’t say if its using the screen wash, with lights on or off or anything. The question creates so many other questions, as we know if the system is working as it should you cant stand there and take a photo. Its almost as if once ignition is on the lights come on and it just sprays, which of course would be an issue. But we just don’t know that yet.
  16. Explain clearly exactly what is happening, answering each question would be a good start πŸ‘
  17. Yup it lifts up, but very stiff. So like you said, id go in from the back and pop it over its locking block that you can see its on now. As when you try and pull it open with your thumb they never seem to lift enough. I have some small prods for this kind of thing, use them for popping our O rings as well.
  18. Just call TPS guys, they are very helpful. Or as said the local dealer, but TPS supply them so...
  19. Need to replace it AFAIK
  20. To be honest I've not come across any vehicle where you an remove the discs without removal of the caliper.
  21. DogBook replied to Yet-eh's topic in Skoda Yeti
    Ive just put Mintex 1144 on my big Vectra and they are not bedded in and they are pulling up very strongly. I had EBC yellow stuff with Zimmermann discs in the old Mokka and they worked amazingly. But saying all that, my Yeti has none descript pads and discs all round and is about 140k miles yet they are so sharp like a new car! Yet the fuluid was last done about 5 years ago so go figure. Ive never had good results with any cheap discs or pads yet the ones fitted during its services seem to work well so they would have been what the garage threw on it when it required them.
  22. Sad how me and you know that yet are not qualified motor vehicle techs. Well im not πŸ˜‚ My engineering was totally different yet its common sense to do it how you describe.
  23. He could of at least spoken Nepali, I might have a better chance at understanding then πŸ˜… πŸ‡³πŸ‡΅ Ma alilai Nepali bolchu
  24. Oh good, Ive seen this many times on the Vectra C side of things. Just replacing fuses that test and look perfect but that are many years old has cured a lot of issues. Maybe down to the fact these are all ran off computer module centres and not old fashing fuse and relay boxes. In fact my current Vectra VXR Ive had for 9 years now so maybe I should change the 2 or 3 normal trouble causing fuses in the BCM πŸ˜πŸ‘

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions β†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.