Everything posted by nickytheshaft
-
Spare kessy out of sync
Hello, So ingot Octavia new in 2014 and the spare kessy has being sitting in it's box since. It had never being used. Yesterday, main key ended in the washing machine.... Yeah it sucks, luckily it Still works. Anyway, when it was drying, i took my brand new kessy, put a new battery and.... Nothing. It won't open the car (buttons and door handle dont work) it flashes but the car won't accept it. I opened the car with the old remote, swirched the batterie but the car won't start. I put the key on the start button to see if it Would communicat and nothing. I find this strange that it won't communicate. Am I missing something ? Thanks
-
K and n air engine air filter !
Stay with a clean stock mann filter. K&n will be louder and sound cool. But achieving that means less filtration to let more air trought. As for performance... Maybe sligh better thottle response, nothing more.
-
French Crit'Air rating for Petrol 1500 Octavia, reg 2018: Euro 1?
it's a hit or miss situation. they have talking about it for months. It depends where you are. I live in Lyon and it is still actif. go here it will give you your rating depending on the fuel type and year (it will pop up on the right of the screen above the picture of the car) : https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/simulation edit : your are crit air 1 so good to go anywhere
-
French Crit'Air rating for Petrol 1500 Octavia, reg 2018: Euro 1?
true, mainly big cities
-
French Crit'Air rating for Petrol 1500 Octavia, reg 2018: Euro 1?
Hello, I am in France, my 2014 VRS TSI is crit'air 1.
-
Head unit upgrade
my cad had an MIB1 and I went for the 2. I trimmed the plug, no issues
- Mib 1 - Mib 2 retrofit Help
-
Retrofit options for my "new" Octavia 3 Scout
If you don't have driving mode then can mostly doesn't have it. I had an MIB amundsen on may 2014 vrs tsi, it had driving mode so it is not an mib thing. For the screen, you have to change the unit too, the mib1 amundsen is the lower res one OEM camera can be done but is really expensive and depends on the boot handle. Mu handle isn't the right size for the oem camera so went with chinese knock off
-
Android Auto.. any particular point for me?
Android auto is useful for gps and music. I find the sound better than tha standard bluetooth. Maybe something to do with the sound level. On the other hand, speach récognition is a hastle. I think it's an Android issue as carplay is flawless. You speak and it just hangs for 20 seconds and records only half of what you say. I recently got an iPhone for work and dont have this issue on it
-
Tyres !!
Michelin ps4 or goodyear eagles 6 I have eagles as summer tyres and Michelin Alpins as winter. Even though the goodyears are excellent and have good lifespans (put 60k on my 3 before installing the 6) I find the Alpins to have better handeling. Sonif the winter tyres are that good, imagin the ps4 should be excellent
- Potentially bricked my infotainment system
-
Android Auto Wireless on Skoda Octavia MK3
So finally, this seems to be a head unit issue. I have a friend with a 2019 Tiguan with what looks like the same Amundsen as mine. Wired android auto works I tried my dongle with my phone (that works on my Amundsen) and no way to get wireless android auto... I recently got a carlinkit mini ultra (Great unit by the way) as my work provided me with an iPhone. I will give it a try on his car and see if carplay works and not android auto
-
Seeking replacement Head unit Display Screen
Just get a screen from pab, tu will have the genuin product
-
Car Bluetooth not working after using Android Auto flash drive on the car
I don't think that a wireless drive can mess up your BT. Have you tried a factory reset of the head unit? or at least hard boot by staying pressed ont the power button?
-
Skoda Octavia Mk3 VRS DRL turning YELLOW!
This is odd, my 2014 baught new with 116000 km still has white drl. My car sleeps in a garage, in don't know if it can affect the leds
-
Car Bluetooth not working after using Android Auto flash drive on the car
Your tag didn't work @pab567
-
Android Auto Wireless on Skoda Octavia MK3
In have this one since 2023. It has been flawless since. Still using it without any issue https://a.aliexpress.com/_EGcl0tK
-
Android Auto Wireless on Skoda Octavia MK3
When you are in this in between state, is your wifi connected to the dongle? Check on your wifi networks on the phone if you have the dongle wifi registered. Have you updated the dongle firmware?
-
Android Auto Wireless on Skoda Octavia MK3
Stupid question but have you activated wireless android auto on your phone? My generic Chinese dongle has been flawless for the past 2 years
-
rear camera doesn't work if the engine isn't running
I personally plugged it on the rear wiper with a hardwire kit.
-
Possible head unit upgrades
send your vin to @pab567
- Swapping out infotainment plug and play
-
Driver information screen is permanently black
It happened to me once, just turning off and on the car restored it. Happened about 3 years ago. If yours stays off, I would suggest checking for a fuse
-
Brake Discs
Agreed, this is normal
-
If you loved your Mk3 Octavia Estate....
Definitely sound deadening and shocks I have a 2014 vrs tsi