Skip to content

nickytheshaft

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nickytheshaft

  1. yes plug the 2 pins in the quadlock at the right spots and you are good to go
  2. https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/491284-android-10-stereo-£162-aliexpress-gamble-results/page/10/#findComment-5610110 https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/491284-android-10-stereo-£162-aliexpress-gamble-results/page/11/ This is what you need https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/491284-android-10-stereo-£162-aliexpress-gamble-results/page/17/#findComment-5617506
  3. As i Saïd, read the whole poste, The fakra to usb is not wired properly. Maybe it is for mkii Octavia's. There power is not connected to the right place. You need to either split and rewire or split and redirect the power cables to the quad lock or ask the seller for the plug that has the power leads to the quad lock. It is all explained in those topics
  4. I guess a faulty canbus box. I tried several Chinese units and never had this issue. As @varaderoguy said, you buy cheap you get cheap. Better to save your money and upgrade to mib2
  5. Your unit may have a good mic. The factory mic of the car is an active mic with noise cancelling so it doesn't work without the factory unit
  6. Yes the wiring is wrong. There is no power going trouht their wires. You have to split and rewire. Read this poste from the start. It has been discussed several times
  7. check this link https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004071065797.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.1.c8e7Dhq3Dhq3ux&aem_p4p_detail=202502180017398548888713219750000151454&algo_pvid=4d3abc59-d1da-4139-a878-b0cebf39f874&algo_exp_id=4d3abc59-d1da-4139-a878-b0cebf39f874-0&pdp_ext_f={"order"%3A"79"%2C"eval"%3A"1"}&pdp_npi=4%40dis!EUR!41.19!41.19!!!306.24!306.24!%402103849717398666593114863eb51e!12000027941842793!sea!FR!914286551!X&curPageLogUid=rmSC0DsKnHqs&utparam-url=scene%3Asearch|query_from%3A&search_p4p_id=202502180017398548888713219750000151454_1 the seller says "This camera work with PQ or MQB Platform only.We did not test on the car if it is before 2015. " so you may need codding, it is just a bit to change. I did it on my 2014 Amundsen with another camera
  8. Yes, Also it may need little vcds coding This auto coding from the sinomart may be a little hit or miss
  9. To complete what @FUBAR said, depending on your unit, you may not see what mode is selected. the button will still cycle trought the modes (press it several times and the light will go off when hyou reach normal mode). I tried several units and the only one showing the driving modes on the screen was the ebilaen one. therfor, you will still see the selected mode (and be able to select any mode) in the car menu
  10. Thanks for your comments. I will look into these ones then
  11. Pirelli seems tu be a good one https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre-Tests/2024-Sports-Car-All-Season-Tyre-Test.htm
  12. Thanks, Anything in mind? Michelin crossclimate 2 Goodyear Vector The thing is not loose grip in the summer
  13. Hello, I have owned a 2014 petrol VRS from new. In the summet I run goddyear eagle assymetrics and change my tyres in the winter. I am statring to get bored of changing every 6 months (mandatory where I live) I was wondering if 4 season tyres where possible with the 220 HP of the car. If yes, are they any 4 season tyres that can be safe in the summer allowing occasional madness? In the winter I always stay cool. I mainly have cold weather and occasionaly go to the mountains, from part of the small trips to the mountains, I donn't get much snow
  14. You can also use the green menu https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a9uwYmBPc1Q
  15. Maybe... Mine heats up quite bad on long journeys.
  16. Go for wireless and charge the phone on the cigarette lighter. The car USB doesn't put out enought power and you phone will be struggemeing between a low charge and heavy usage for the navigation. It will end up burning hot. Wireless dongle + cigarette lighter charger is the best combo for you phone
  17. Pab can get and configure them for you
  18. go for the cheapo ones, they works very well. You can have AA+CP for about 15 euros and everything is ok on my amundsen mib 2.0
  19. Sorry, no clue. But having a mk4 car, you should post in the right section. You are on the mk3 channel
  20. Nope no wireless android auto on any oem head unit. The adaptors work really well thought. The advantages are good call quality (that will degrade on an after market unit) plus you maintain all the car settings and errors messages. If you car doesn't have the unit you want, you can easily upgrade
  21. Have you tried changing the radio display settings? In dabo Sme display modes don't show the radio informations If it is fm, you will have to upload the logos through your usb drive. The radio should find most of them then you have to map the ones the radio doesn't find. https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/
  22. You should Check with @pab567 and maybe send him your unit for recoding
  23. I had one of those, They work ok but on speech recogntion, it would just hang, not understanding what I was saying. For the reste it is fine (navigation, musique, vidéo, AA but without speech recognition...)

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.