Skip to content

thamestrader

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by thamestrader

  1. If you have a Nextbase dashcam they sell a hardwired kif which plugs into the OBD port, continuous live includes earth connection, easily accessed so dead easy. Access to the fuse box requires removal of the glovebox which is a little tricky. People say using the OBD port which is always live will flatten the battery but it allows for parking mode and the kit monitors battery voltage and switches off if it drops too low. I’ve not had any issues in over a year and I don’t use my car every day and it’s short journeys.
  2. If you know the reg no then use the GOV UK to look up the vehicle details, you don't need to know the original list price, the Additional Rate applicable until line is inly present if the additional rates apply. The 24 plate 2.0 TSI Sportlines were just under the £40k limit if the only 'extra' was the space saver spare wheel. I suspect with price increases the 2.0 TSI and 2.0 TDI Sportlines will all be over the limit but the 1.5 TSI may not be. First year VED rate is much higher but only applies to the first owner. I bought a 6 month old 73 plate Sportline and the VED for 12 months was £190.
  3. Is it traffic sign recognition (TSR) or the NAV map based speed limit warning that is wrong. I do not have TSR in my Sept 24 Sportline but do have the map based speed warning activated. This consistently goes off on part of Brickhill Street in Milton Keynes saying it’s 30 mph limit when in fact it’s a 60 mph road.
  4. Its now working for me using V 8.2.0 on an Iphone.
  5. I was on map version 25.1 when I looked a few days ago. Having spent my whole working life in Software development on numerous platforms; I suspect it was a back end problem, tempted to suggest a version control issue. The problem wasn't fixed by updating to V8.2.0 and yester]day I got an email promoting new features in the My Skoda App related to showing 'Offers' on the Map and being able to navigate to the nearest dealer with that offer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  6. Update today May 15th 3pm. Send route to car is now working again. I’m using version 8.2.0 of the My Škoda App.
  7. Had a similar noise on my partners previous car that disappeared when the clutch pedal was depressed. It too was low mileage, but the number of gear changes per mile was high due to just doing short journeys around town and no long runs. Had the clutch replaced and it was fine.
  8. Plugs were replaced by my local garage last week on partners 1.2 110 bhp TSI. @NigelC95 exactly same issue with the rubber bits stretching and not coming off. In the end he got them off but they were not further use and new ones were fitted. The replacements came with lubricate to facilitate removal. Our Fabia is 10 years old, 19,500 miles only the second time the plugs have been replaced. I guess age and heat caused them to stick.
  9. I too have the same issue, I updated the app to 8.2.0. I know it was working at the end of March, it’s my preferred method of entering destinations as it’s much easier than the infotainment keyboard entry. My Karoq was serviced at the end of March and had the s/w update for the Kessy system that prevents locking w keys in the car. I can’t see how this would affect it. I ve assumed that the app communicates with a VAG server which in turn talks to the car. Somewhere in the app documentation it said only one route can be sent to the car at a time, each route sent has to be accepted and saved on the car before sending another route. The Nav app in the car seems to be getting traffic information in realtime perfectly. I have also raised this Škoda UK customer care, as I can see their office in MK from my home it’s very tempting to progress it face to face.
  10. Our Fabia 1.2 TSI 110 bhp is a bit binary when pulling away. It’s my partners car she doesn’t think there’s a problem. I’ve driven wet clutch DSG cars for the last 12 years and I really notice the difference. My technique, which isn’t 100% foolproof, is to try and preempt it. The brake pedal has sensors that detect the pedal pressure level. A slight reduction in pedal pressure will restart the engine if stop/start is active, a further reduction will engage the gears, fully releasing the brake pedal should cause the car to start moving, at this point the accelerator can be pressed. This works well in traffic queues but it’s harder to do pulling out of a junction when it’s busy. The DQ200 being a dry clutch can overheat the clutches so it likes to fully engage quickly, whereas the wet clutch being in an oil bath is cooled so operates slightly differently. I have found the in reverse the clutch seems to behave smoothly and it creeps just like my wet clutch Karoq. A DSG gearbox specialist I have spoken to suggests that as reverse and first gear use different clutches, the clutches may need the bite points reset. I haven’t had time to take to have this done yet.
  11. @chills the electric tonic forum is that part of this forum if elsewhere?
  12. Anyone else found that the “Send to Car” feature is not working? The App will seems to send the route but my Karoq doesn’t receive it. I use the App map feature for routes as it’s easier than the Nav search feature. I know it was working in March. Two weeks ago when I started the car a message was displayed saying “ car configuration changed accept / cancel” or words to that effect and I accepted although not aware of any changes having been made. Perhaps that was related.
  13. Prior to buying my Karoq in Apr 24 I had a 2.0 140bhp TDI VW Touran DSG 6 Speed. Whilst spec and comfort wise different to your Superb, engine, gearbox and performance wise maybe similar unless you had a 190 bhp TDI. I went for the 2.0 TSI which was only available in DSG, 4x4 and Sportline form. I wanted the 2.0 TSI as it had a similar torque output as the Tourans 2.0 TDI which i towed.with. I’ve not been disappointed with my choice. It’s the first 4x4 I’ve ever had, I know it’s part time 4x4 but the road holding is excellent. People complain that the 1.5 TSI DSG spins its front wheels - I ve not had any wheel spin from mine - it just goes! If it had been possible ( and it wasn’t) I would not have had the Pan Roof and would have l had VarioFlex rear seats. It was 6 months old with 1080 recorded miles. MPG is not as good as the 1.5, on 200 mile cross country trips it’s approx 45 mpg, around town (3-6 miles) approx 25 mpg, overall it’s about 35mpg.
  14. Whilst your 2.0 TDI Superb and the 1.5 TSI Karoq have DSG gearboxes, the Superb will probably have the wet clutch version and the Karoq the dry clutch version. We have a dry clutch DSG Fabia and a wet clutch DSG Karoq, having also owned a wet clutch DSG TDI VW for 108,000 miles. I much prefer the wet clutch DSG, it’s smoother when pulling away, creeps on tickover, and smoother to drive in traffic.
  15. The idle revs of my VW 2.0 TDI would vary between 800 and 1200 depending on outside temp and whether a regen had been interrupted.
  16. I suggest looking for an OEM retrofit company such as Hazzydayz in Markyate, who I’ve used a few times. They are very knowledgable.
  17. It looks to me as though it might be related to the undertray, wheel arch liners and/or front bumper - as a sort of linking piece to connect two parts together/ brace them. Ive seen something very similar underneath my previous VW.
  18. I fitted a Nextbase Dashcam with the Nextbase OBD socket hardwire kit, I put fitted the wire along the green route. Advantages with the Nextbase OBD kit, it just plugs in, no need for an earth wire, its a permanent live -for incidents when parked, no need to remove glove box to access fuses. Some might say it will drain the battery but I've not had any issues. My Karoq is a 73 plate.
  19. Try Hazzydayz in Markyate, they refurbish these units, so may be able to replace the screen or provide a a refurb’d unit.
  20. If you are using CarPlay or equivalent then the built in phone functionality does not “operate” the phone - it has to be done through CarPlay. Phones can be paired in one of two ways WiFi of Bluetooth. I found pairing via WiFi meant that internet access used the built in SIM and nog my phones SIM. So I changed to Bluetooth pairing. I have an IPhone and use CarPlay so contacts etc are accessed via the App.
  21. Is there space within the rim for larger diameter discs, the standard discs are very close to 15 inch rims.
  22. thamestrader replied to MrShaw's topic in Skoda Karoq
    That’s an interesting display is it only TDIs that display it?
  23. A further point, in my experience. cars such as the one your considering are usually a very good choice but in the first few months of ownership with regular use a few minor issues might be identified that once sorted don’t reoccur. I’d add to my previous list getting antifreeze and brake fluid replaced, the aircon might need recharging. Something else to look out for is brake discs specifically the rears. I’ve seen many posts on both Skoda and VW forums regarding rusty and pitted brake discs at less than 4 yrs or 20k miles. I suspect low usage, gentle braking and parked outside are a major factor in the cause of premature disc replacements. Having said that I’ve not had to replace discs on either my 108,000 mile 2013 VW, or our 19,000 mile 2015 Fabia which is garaged. My 2023 Karoq which replaced the VW has so far been fine. Finding a good independent garage for servicing is worthwhile.
  24. Check the service history to make sure oil and filter changes were annually. Low mileage petrol is less likely to have problems than low mileage diesel. Although Skoda say different af 5 years old I’d be looking to change the cambelt as a precaution.
  25. It might not be that simple. Some Karoqs come from the factory with Tow Bar Preparation others don’t. Even if it has Tow Bar Prep, it won’t have the full loom or the critical towing module that will power the loom. Splicing into the cables has the potential to burn out control modules if not done correctly. The tiring module also interfaces with the dashboard for the indicator signals, disabled the rear parking sensors and adjusts the ABS and ESC when towing, also alters the infortainment display when reversing. I had the factory swivelling towbar retro fitted to my Karoq.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.