Skip to content

CookieMonster87

FREEDOMLite
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CookieMonster87

  1. I’m just seeing if anyone has the following, or similar, Door Safety Lights from Kopacek (formerly SuperSkoda)? If so, do you rate them, how did you find the install and is there any coding required? Thanks in advance. http://www.kopacek.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-MEGA-POWER-LED-safety-door-lights-with-GHOST-light-RS-RED
  2. @Greezy56 I know that while driving the infotainment on my Mk3 TDI will say that the “Auto Start/Stop requires the engine to be running to operate”, as badly worded as it is, this is an indication that the car is doing a DPF regen. Doesn’t appear to affect the climate control though. Could be a long shot in terms of your issue but worth considering. Hopefully someone with more experience with the Mk4 will chip in.
  3. Although not available individually I’ve seen these OEM mats on SuperSkoda for the vRS and am curious as to how many versions are available for the Mk3 Octavia; http://www.kopacek.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-original-Skoda-floor-mats-Red-RS-version-RHD I have part number 5E2 863 011 M XMV fitted to my drivers side. All mats are plain black with black edging and stitching. No logos or Octavia text. As per the OP the current mats I have don’t appear to be as hard wearing or as premium as I’d expect for a vRS. I recall that my Fiesta ST came with very good, hard wearing OEM mats. They felt premium and were very thick with nice edging.
  4. After hunting around for an annoying rattle in mine I found that it was coming from my passenger A pillar. Removed and re-fitted and it’s been fine since. Sometimes my dash rattles around the instrument cluster but I just give it a push and all is good again.
  5. With your phone connected via the USB, select the MySkoda App though CarPlay (or Android equivalent). There should be a “Display” button which will send you to a page in which you can change the Infotainment display to “Sport”, “Dynamic” or “My” (allows you to change the widgets displayed). I’ve found it temperamental at times with the car often asking me to follow the instructions on my phone (there were none) so a quick reconnect or App reset gets it going again.
  6. I had all the windows tinted from the B Pillar back on my MkII just before my insurance renewal. After shopping around for quotes online I contacted the chosen insurer to discuss my modification and my premium actually went down slightly. Could have been due to the modification or, more likely, the price fluctuated between the day I got an online quote and the day I called. Either way any changes to your insurance would be minimal (going of my experience at least).
  7. @mclewis thanks for digging a bit deeper in to this. Shame it’ll take a while to implement the Service History by the sound of it. On the plus side I found the new app has different display options for infotainment display (oil temp, turbo pressure etc.).
  8. Since changes have been made to the My Skoda App I can no longer view my Service History. Is this info still possible to view elsewhere without having to go to a dealer?
  9. @JayLibove I have the option to adjust this setting in my ‘17 plate vRS so I assume you should be able to do the same. It can be set Active and only responds when crossing (or as near as) the white lines or set Adaptive Lane Guidance which keeps the vehicle in the middle of the lane in which it’s currently travelling (i.e. being more responsive). I have a button on the steering wheel that turns lane assist on and off however it will not adjust the sensitivity. To do this I have to go in to the vehicle settings on the touch screen. Edit: See the OP in the thread below, this may explain it better/show you the correct menu to navigate to. I can imagine that if Adaptive Lane Assist is on without you realising then you’ll be fighting it all the time. As I’ve never turned mine on I’m not 100% on this but worth a look and I’ll happily stand corrected if someone chips in with more info.
  10. @SeanG I spoke too soon, issue is still there. How do you stop it from launching apps once it’s connected?
  11. @Monty0881 on the Racingline website, paddle shifters are shown on the Mk3 Octavia product page however, when you view the item itself it doesn’t list the Octavia as a confirmed application (link below). It appears as if there are different part numbers for different VAG vehicles. https://www.racingline.com/vwr49g700 Hope that helps. The wife is getting me the Leyo Motorsport ones for Christmas so I’m glad to read @BATVANVRS has got on well with them!
  12. +1 for the Bosch Aerotwins, numbers for Octavia hatch below; Drivers side - AP24U Passengers side - AP19U Rear - A403H I’d recommend getting these from Halfords if you have or know someone with a trade card (25% off). If not you’re looking at £52 all around with free delivery. Failing that they may offer a discount over the Black Friday period... that now seems to span a couple of weeks! Be aware though that Halfords don’t stock the A403H in store, it is only available online. I made this mistake when I picked up the H 403.
  13. And make sure you subscribe! @SC03OTT I hope I haven’t given the impression that I’d be accepting of a half arsed job. Chipex is ideal for sorting chips. With the motorway miles I do I couldn’t justify the cost of respraying a bonnet only to drive down the motorway 10 minutes later to receive a couple more stone chips and be back to square one. In this case it may be appropriate if there are other paint issues that come to light that would involve more expensive work later on down the line. I too get the same reaction vs the £5 car wash customers. I cringed when I watched someone lean all over my mates car with his belt buckle rubbing all over the bodywork!
  14. @J.R. there are plenty of videos on YouTube of people giving it a go (not all are paid promotions) and like me, seem pleasantly surprised with the results. As I said, it’ll never be as good as a respray from a body shop. Maybe a combination of this and a wet sand detail would give the best results. I only used it on paint chips, some quite large ones on funny angles however I am going to order some to attempt to do a couple of scratches on my wife’s Renault. I’d try it on my door too if it wasn’t for the crease line being slightly dented.
  15. @Chibakun does the paint either side of the damage appear to be loose (i.e. not adhered to the bodywork below) and wanting to flake off like egg shell given the chance? If not I’d recommend giving Chipex a go to start with. I used this on a new A4 and was surprised with how good the results were. Don’t get me wrong, it will never be as good as a respray but it gives a good finish and will protect from the elements. As @J.R. said; may be a sign of further paint issues so for £30-40 for this stuff to see how it goes wouldn’t be a bad shout (plus you can touch up some stone chips too, assuming you have any).
  16. Just done the iOS 14.2 update. Radio muted when I initially plugged the phone in to the USB however it hasn’t done it since (even after leaving the car and coming back to it later). Anyone else confirm if this is fixed for them?
  17. I feel your pain. I found this last time I cleaned the car; It’s on the lower crease line of the door which makes me question if it was road debris that caused it as opposed to another car door as I’d expect the damage to be high if it were the latter. I know it’s only small but it bugs me all the same. I’ll most likely attempt to use some Chipex (used this on another car with good results) on it however there is the slightest of dents so may be a Chips Away job if it bugs me enough to justify the cost.
  18. I’ve noticed this too so you’re not on your own. No fix that I know of unless it comes in an iOS update.
  19. Evening all, I’ve had a search but nobody seems to have an answer to an observation I’ve had in older threads. I’ve seen that some Maxidots show a journey summary however mine will not show this. Any pointers to get this to show up after a drive? Cheers.
  20. I’ve seen a couple of vRS that have alternate background colours on the menu and maxi dot screens. I can’t for the life of me find an option to change this setting from green. I have a 17 plate vRS FL with LED ambient lighting. Will this require a software update or VCDS activation? I’ve tried to update the system using my phone as a hotspot but no luck (I can’t even get Skoda Connect to work but I gather this is an Apple and EE issue). I never get the red globe on the homescreen although my phone recognises the hotspot and the car shows I have WLAN signal.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.