Everything posted by Prezafab
-
Service changes needed at 80k miles
Aargh! End of. Experience is equal to or better than assumed knowledge. My claim is that I'm on my 106th car, about half have been used and 2/3rds have been diesel. All of the diesels I've owned in the last 15 years have had Millers added. EGR issues=0. DPF issues=0. I would call it super-ace oil...
-
Service changes needed at 80k miles
Or, fill up with Premium diesel for the detergents, AND add the Miller's for the trigger chemicals...
-
Service changes needed at 80k miles
Really? You just fill your tank with diesel, then put it in the fuel tank.
-
Service changes needed at 80k miles
Personally, I would start cheap and buy a bottle of Miller's One Shot DPF cleaner for £11 or £12. I would ignore comments saying that it's 'snake oil' because we ran our last 2.0TDI Yeti to 100,000 miles with zero DPF or EGR issues and we just put a bottle in the tank every 6 months, and drove it 30 minutes in Sport mode to ensure that the regeneration / cleaning took place. We've just switched to the final model Yeti TDI which has an AdBlue tank, but you don't need to worry about that ! DPF/EGR cleaning can definitely work as the car gets older but I would try the above first unless you have issues/ symptoms. https://www.millersoils-shop.co.uk/diesel-particulate-filter-cleaner-and-regenerator
-
Engine misfire/ sputter ??
Injector related ? My previous Audi started doing that when revved. Replaced all. Or turbo and related pipework?
-
Leaking Panoramic Roof - The Cause and the Cure
I bought an Approved Used Audi recently to go with our Yeti which we also just replaced. I deliberately avoided panoramic roofs on both cars despite finding beautifully specced cars at the right price, because of common leaks after 3-4 years or earlier. With the Yeti we're fairly 'lucky' that it isn't packed to the rafters with complex electronic modules to be leaked over. Imagine trying to argue with Audi after 3 years about replacing £2-5k a time components !
-
Upgrade infotainment system on 2016 Yeti Outdoor S 1.2Tsi
No problem. The video one is a Kenwood DNX518VDABS
-
Upgrade infotainment system on 2016 Yeti Outdoor S 1.2Tsi
I'm not vouching for this or the company but I presume you mean this sort of thing?I Kenwood used to supply the Skoda dealer-fit Sat nav units for customers who didn't order the factory unit. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xU8x-mlML04
-
Question re advertising Yeti wheels
Ok thanks.
-
Question re advertising Yeti wheels
Genuine question - I've some Yeti wheels to advertise since fitting some new Mattherhorns but is it worth paying to register because it will be a one off, or am I better trying eBay and the rest ?
-
1.2 TSI swap for 1.4 TSI + Up platting?
Sounds like you've got mixed priorities to be honest. The towing question answers itself and you might as well just remap a 1.2TSI otherwise to avoid the roof but get identical performance to a std 1.4. The 1.2 is nice enough especially with DSG which is snappy and makes good use of the torque. I thought my other half would have one this time, but she preferred another loaded diesel (minus sunroof!)
-
Door pillar black stickers - I think they look ok
Agreed. I think it's to emphasise the "Lancia Stratos" door line. (See Jeremy Clarkson on this!)
-
Door pillar black stickers - I think they look ok
One of the cheapest 'styling modifications' I've done to a car since fitting a TURBO badge to a Toyota Corolla...
-
Door pillar black stickers - I think they look ok
£10.99 from eBay, from China ! Bought another set now as much cheaper than vinyl wrapping and they stay stuck and wash well. The only slight negative is the bottom corners come to a sharp point which are easy to catch with a sponge. Solution is to snip the corners off with scissors before fitting.
-
Door pillar black stickers - I think they look ok
- Front silver plastic on Outdoor - options ?
In the end, we had the silver plastic front and rear bumper inserts painted body colour. We bit the bullet - looks so much better - maybe because we were use to an all white Black Edition for 4 years. The black mirror covers are much better as well.- Best tyres for my green line
Clairebell - you've had some good advice and suggestions above. I would go for 60 profile on your standard wheels as well. Just buy some and see how you get on. I've had several Subarus as well which are designed for plenty of gravel track use and they used to fit Yokohama Geolandars then Bridgestone Duelers. They've finally just moved to road Falkens for the latest UK model Crosstrek (XV) because I guess their customer base has changed to wanting standard SUVs.- Oil leak
One of our previous Yetis was a (new) 1.2 tsi lease car and it had a similar leak from an engine seal at less than 5000 miles. They re-sealed it, cleaned the undertray and kept it overnight. It wasn't much oil but was annoying because I kept seeing it each weekend when I checked the fluids.- Upgrades for a 2017 4x4 TDi - what else have you done to yours ?
I didn't know you could still fit them. I bet they look good, even better with yellow plastic covers on an L&K, but I very rarely use fogs these days. I would definitely do the other exterior bulbs, but the whole Canbus thing sounds a pain.- Upgrades for a 2017 4x4 TDi - what else have you done to yours ?
I've noticed that as I get older, I get more and more annoyed at anything that is badly designed. Car parts, food packaging, road junctions - you name it !- Upgrades for a 2017 4x4 TDi - what else have you done to yours ?
I haven't thought about interior bulbs but I suppose they would look better. Can you buy as a set - I was put off LEDs for the outside because of errors, but I guess no issues for the interior ?- Upgrades for a 2017 4x4 TDi - what else have you done to yours ?
Just wondering what you have done to your facelift Yeti that was worth doing ? Ours is a Dec 2017 registered SEL 4x4 DSG outdoor delivered to its first owner Feb 2018 which we've bought to keep 'forever'. Because of that we've done a few things which my other half wanted:- - Matterhorn alloys (because they looked great on our last Yeti) - SmartLink CarPlay (because we couldn't find an SE L Drive diesel at the time, with satnav) - Black door mirror caps (the grey ones are a bit nasty) - Body colour-co-ordinated (grey) bumper trim panels Looks really good now and mechanically we've had the cambelt changed and gearbox oil and filter done. Recommendations for what's worth doing next that you've done on your Yeti ?😃- Battery gone dead
I'd bite two bullets. 1) New battery 2) C-tek trickle charger to refresh every 3 or 4 months. My old Subaru is still on the same battery after 11 years as a result and it's not used much.- Adding SmartLink on Bolero (late model Yeti)?
Yes, I looked at another similar company as well, but they wanted me to post them the headunit... I thought sod it, and waited half an hour at Skoda with a coffee and wifi !- Adding SmartLink on Bolero (late model Yeti)?
£183 was the cost at Skoda for anyone looking to do the same (March 24). I contacted an independent as well, who said I would need to leave the head unit with them for a couple of days !! No thanks. - Front silver plastic on Outdoor - options ?
Important Information
Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.