Skip to content

Dave77

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dave77

  1. No, only my drivers seat is electric, this would be for the passenger side.
  2. My Superb didn't come with this so want to get one fitted, I know they're not massive but enough to store the manual and a powerpack to save room in the glovebox. https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/3t0881577c9b9-compartment-under-the-seat-skoda-27744.html Has anyone fitted one, if so is it just a case of 4 screws into existing holes or is there more to it?
  3. 👍 Maybe they were installed the wrong way round and slid out. They had groves and a lip on one side that matched up to the main section.
  4. I'm away at the moment. I'll post some pictures next week, by then they should have been tested!
  5. I've just fitted mine with no rattles. It comes with different size adapters to fit around the metal tubes, if it rattles I suspect these have either not been fitted or the wrong size used.
  6. Useful to know, I didn't know it was an option in the Superb mk3. I have left it a bit late to search for parts so just ordered the Amazon version for now, I'll check it for rattling! Just found this which has a part number
  7. Ah, the new Superb has it too https://www.skoda-auto.com/models/layers/layers/superb-clever-details
  8. My 9yr old has grown out of car seats but still sleeps on long journeys so have been looking at some headrest addons like these. I noticed recently that the 'sleep package' was an option in the Octavia with headrests shown below, does anyone know if the Octavia headrests are the same as the Superb?
  9. One thing I did notice when I plugged mine in and it was read was that the drive appeared under the Media section, may be worth checking there as that will show that the unit can actually read it
  10. I used a usb A stick with an adapter. I've just put the maps update on so will see if it picks it up in the morning
  11. Is your drive definitely formatted as exFat? I tried to update my radio logos individually today, first try didn't work, formatted as exFat then it picked it up but you can't update logos on the MIB3 like previous versions 🤷‍♂️
  12. I'm looking at the Autowatch Ghost 2 immobiliser. It works by requiring you to press a sequence of buttons on your dashboard/steering wheel in order to start the car. It's around £450 and no subscription, so cheaper than a tracker, but I've read good/bad reviews about it. Has anyone got any experience with it? https://www.autowatch.co.uk/veh-sec/ghost-2-menu
  13. That can't be the latest, I have 24.7
  14. Do you know what the latest navigation version is? I'm driving to Belgium/Holland next week so don't want to break anything. I bricked my Octavia last year doing something similar 😂
  15. Have you tried holding Menu then clicking Update Software under System Information? I was looking to do mine but I'm not sure it needs it: - Hardware: H22 - Software: 0306 - Navigation database: 24.7 The UK update portal says to use USB for MIB3 https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/ Instructions here https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/Download/Map-updates-mib3.pdf I think there's some bad translation going on here though 🤷‍♂️
  16. Would kids even be able to reach the tablet if it was on the back of a seat in the Superb? I did consider this for mine but they said prefer the tablet in their hands.
  17. There's plenty of written guides and YouTube videos about how to enable it using VCDS on pre-facelift cars but apparently it's slightly different on the facelift model. There are 10+ changes to be made so I'd rather wait to find a definite guide for the facelift model. To be honest I had it in my old Octavia and hated it, but having just done Leeds > London and back I've found the ACC amazing so was curious to see them working together. There's this but all the instructions seem to be scattered around several posts
  18. An odd one, according to the 2022 brochure lane assist and blind spot detection (side assist) came together. My car has side assist but no lane assist 🤷‍♀️
  19. I bought the film for £35 from eBay so will see how it goes 👍
  20. Does anyone have any experience with this protective film from Skoda (3V9061197), if so is it any good? I'd prefer something more discreet like this than the black plastic protectors
  21. I drove through France/Belgium/Holland last year and all the UK cars that I saw had the blue background, including mine. I'm sure it will be fine.
  22. I think as long as you stick to something like this you should be fine They have many variations like the following which i would avoid!
  23. So they recommend no blue background behind the UK and union jack? That would make the Halfords stickers wrong https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-accessories/exterior-styling/uk-over-labels-for-gb-reg-plates-718926.html I went with the stickers last year to Belgium and Holland, there's wasn't enough room on the old Superb reg plate to put the stickers on though, hence new plates.
  24. I got them from Sure Plates - https://sureplates.com/ Best rated on TrustPilot - https://www.trustpilot.com/review/sureplates.com i ordered Friday at 4pm, came Saturday morning.
  25. Plates are fitted, clamped the old plate over the new one and drilled through the old plate holes into the new.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.