Skip to content

olderman1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by olderman1

  1. Can't help with your specific question as I have a tow bar, but look at this link. https://www.roofbox.co.uk/?gclid=CjwKCAiAlNf-BRB_EiwA2osbxTP4neBcIXdeoEgAhti8_eta1YyZDq76WxwhBgYQZJu8Q52XQI2I5RoCH4kQAvD_BwE Input your car reg and what it is you're looking for and hopefully there will be options. They are a good, knowledgeable company and if you get stuck on their website, give them a ring, they're normally very helpful. Bad news: I've just inputted a Kodiaq into their search facility and it tells me that it's not possible to fit a rear door fitting bike carrier to a Kodiaq.
  2. He means that 2 weeks after putting a post it note in the car, it will become part of the furniture and will fail to be noticed. He has a point, but if it's made bright enough and placed where it can't be missed, then it should work. On the other hand, who wants post it notes stuck to the interior of the car. I agree with what Silver 1011 wrote a few posts back.
  3. The height of the Kodiaq + Thule wing bars + a Kamei Delphin 400L (couldn't find specs for a 360) would be 2140mm. If the car deck ceiling really was 2.2M (unlikely) then you'd need to drive steady on to the ferry. I have been on a cross channel ferry where one car deck ceiling barely cleared a normal saloon car, so best to know your height and be upfront with the ferry operator. Having offered up that advice, I once paid an extra £60 to take my canoe on my roof and once on the ferry, the roof was cathedral height, so the £60 was for nothing. That was Brittany Ferries, I don't know what other operators charge, if anything.
  4. I've put a link on your other forum thread that discusses this topic. Not sure it will be helpful in your case. My own opinion is that your car is rated by Skoda to tow up to 2200kgs I believe. I seen written nowhere that any cooling upgrades are necessary to do that and I'd like to think that if Skoda have rated your car thus, then that would be in standard form, but if any extras are needed to the cooling, I'd think that Skoda would make that plain. Again, my own opinion: for your intended usage i.e. small trailer and bike rack, a cooling upgrade would not be needed. A caravan is a different proposition due to weight and wind resistance. As you know. I have a tow bar fitted to my 2.0Tsi and I trust the dealer who's details I gave you to have told me if a cooling upgrade were necessary. As to whether you should have a Skoda or aftermarket tow bar fitted is your choice. I'm happy with mine given I only use it occasionally for carrying bikes, although it was originally fitted with the intention of towing my caravan. You might benefit from going on the Skoda live chat facility and asking them your questions. I've used them to find out about the braking system on my car and they answered my questions.
  5. I've used these people https://www.wiperblades.co.uk/suv-1-years-2016-to-2020-wiper-blades for my wiper blade needs for several years now. They normally offer more than one option of makes, but for the Kodiaq there's only one as you'll see. There's another, cheaper option here https://www.windscreenwipers.co.uk/suv-2-2016-to-2020-windscreen-wiper-blades/ and there's also other suppliers if you Google it. I don't know what the difference in postage costs is for the above. Have a look on Ebay as well. There's some cheaper options there, some of which include postage.
  6. C types are better than previous types, because like Apple lightning connectors they can be slotted in either way so there's no fiddling around to make sure you have the connector the right way up. A to C cables can be had for less than £6 on Amazon.
  7. https://www.bridgwatertrailers.co.uk/ Their website states that they're open during lockdown. They're easy to get to from your side of Bridgwater, just off the A38 and 5 mins from M5 J23. I expect their prices have risen since, but 2 years ago they charged £478 for a fixed tow hitch. This probably won't help you, as when you book your car in they ask for a deposit, but if you want to see an example of their workmanship, you're welcome to come look at mine. I'm 3 mins from J23, so not much incovenience.
  8. If Bridgwater isn't too far to travel, I can let you know who fitted mine. This is the 3rd one they've fitted for me and each time it's been a good job. At the time of buying my car, I knew nothing of Canbus and to my knowledge mine isn't wired into the Canbus. They do take the wiring through the car to the fusebox rather than tapping into existing wiring in the boot, which is as it should be.
  9. Depends who does he fitting I guess, I was the same as above and you wouldn't know anyone had been near the car when I got it back. It cost £480 for a fixed tow hitch and it's fine.
  10. I like Thule products, but I do think that many are too expensive, although as SPS says above, spares should be readily available. Due to Thule prices and not being able to find what I wanted in their range for my purpose, I bought a Buzz Rack this year from the aforementioned Roofbox. I'm not a heavy user like Mr Trilby, but I'm more than happy with the quality and the way it works. It folds up to a smaller, manageable size (as do others) so it can be stored in the boot if you want to and it has small plastic castors on it so it can be wheeled from storage to car and back again. My only slight criticism, is that the castors could be a bit bigger and shod with rubber so it wheels easier on uneven ground. When choosing, make sure what you think you want is rated to carry your intended weight, especially if you have E bikes and it's not just the total rated weight you should look at, but also how much each holder is rated for. Here's the Buzz Rack range - I have no affiliation. http://buzzrack.com/our-products/ I don't imagine Roofbox will stock the whole range. If you have any doubts about what will suit your needs, give Roofbox a ring. They're very knowledgeable and were able to field questions during the last lockdown.
  11. Had similar paint damage on my rear bumper, plus that reflector was cracked, caused by an even older codger than myself reversing into me at the Chunnel. Bought a new reflector for £8 and took it to a local one man band paintshop. He rubbed it down and resprayed it, plus he fitted the reflector for £169, which I thought was very reasonable. The guy who caused the damage paid for the repair from his own pocket. I imagine someone like Dent Devils would fix your for a reasonable cost.
  12. What KennyR said, but I'd add that if you have other keys on the same ring as your fob, then get a Faraday bag that will accommodate all of them easily. I learned that when stuffing the fob and other keys into a small bag, the other keys can press on the fob before the bag is closed and activate something in the car. In my case it was partial window opening, which I've now fixed by buying a larger Faraday bag. A cheaper way is to find yourself a small, lidded receptacle, line it with baking foil and keep your keys in that. Baking foil will block the signal from your fob as will some lidded tins, but whichever method you try, test it before relying on it as not all tins and baking foil were created equal. In reality, all you need to do is to retrain yourself to take your fob out of your pocket when entering your house.
  13. My car battery is not in a good state of health, partly due to only doing short journeys so far this year and also because I left it unattended for most of last month whilst away. Needed to go shopping today, battery was too low to start car. Attached my portable power pack, started car which stalled after a couple on minutes of keeping the revs up. Restarted again with power pack and kept it running this time, but I had an orange warning triangle with an exclamation mark in it on the dot matrix screen. Also, where the trip mileage readout is, it kept changing to a phone icon with SOS beside it. Whilst waiting for my wife to do the shopping, I attached my OBD11 and cancelled all fault codes I could find, but warning triangle remains on. On the way home, whilst adjusting a setting on the infotainment screen, we noticed in the car settings (I think it was) menu, a warning that said something along the lines of; SOS CALL RESTRICTED, PHONE WORKSHOP. Is this something to be concerned about, do I need to phone the workshop (can't, nobody there) and is there a way to extinguish the warnings I'm getting ?? Thankyou in advance.
  14. Two questions here; I have Pirelli Scorpion Verde Seal Inside tyres (summer version, not all weather) on my car and I'm having a failure to see if they're directional or not. I've been on my knees today but I cannot see a direction arrow, so I assume that they aren't directional. Does anybody know different ? Secondly, and this is allied to the first question. I think it may be time to think about rotating my tyres. I thought that I'd seen the recommended mileage for doing this in the handbook, but yet again I can't find it now. Does anyone know where this is in the handbook or have I read it elsewhere and if it's not in the handbook, does anyone know the recommended mileage for rotation ?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.