Skip to content

DB72

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DB72

  1. I can't help in answering your actual question but I'm not totally sure it's just the seat... I think it's a combination of the pedal positions vs the seat shape and lateral position. But my feeling is that a flatter seat may work better.
  2. I'd take the money and run. Have the work done and then either sell the car and get a manual gearbox version or something else entirely if you no longer trust or aren't happy with Skoda as a brand. Alternatively keep the car hoping that the new gearbox is better or even if not, just get rid when another 30k miles are on the horizon. Either way, I think you'd be wise to accept Skoda's offer.
  3. What's the mileage of a typical journey you do? I believe the distance of individual journeys is more relevant than annual mileage.
  4. I don't want to hijack the original post but for balance, I want to say that chiropractors and physios obviously vary (just like any other profession) because when I have had problems with my back in the past I have visited my GP, 2 x Physiotherapist and 2 x Chiropractor. By far the least help was the GP and by far the biggest help was one of the Chiropractors. After a single visit to the Chiropractor I walked out of there like a totally different person compared to when I shuffled in. That was about 15 years ago and it's still the best £50 I have ever spent. In my experience a physio will assess you and give minimal hands on treatment followed by a course of exercises, whereas a Chiropractor will assess you and give significant hands on treatment followed by a course of exercises.
  5. If that's the sort of thing that helps you Roy, Argos have a "Lumbar Car Back Support Cushion" for £15 which may be of use. I tried it and it didn't work for me but your issue seems to be different.
  6. When I was recently weighing up potential alternatives I thought the S90 and V90 looked like a possibility, particularly as I noticed two with differing seat versions. There was one with upright bolsters and one with flatter bolsters which I think are a bit more like old fashioned flatter seats so please come back to update this post if you do find a solution or alterative car that you find comfortable.
  7. Roy... These are the cushions I made which may help you. They don't offer any lumbar support but do lift you up so the seat base side bolsters aren't as severe. They also give extra padding to the seat base but this can be both good and bad as they may exaggerate the roll of the car because you are on more padding, but I'm happy to send you one if you want to give it a try. I made two for the front seats but my partner doesn't use the passenger seat one so it is going spare.
  8. I don't think there is an ideal solution I'm afraid. It seemed to me that due to the accelerator pedal being a bit too far to the right compared to the seat being pushed to the left (due to right hand drive conversion), the right side seat base bolster was pushing my right leg/hip up, resulting in hip discomfort. I found that the further back I had the seat base, the less of a problem it was (apart from steering wheel not extending far enough out) and also if I had the seat base tilted back that made it worse. It seems that if I get myself sat in just the right position in/on the seat then it's actually quite comfortable (until the next time I get in and I'm not quite in the right place again). I have found that placing the heel of my right foot quite far over to the left (sometimes almost to the left edge of the brake pedal but in front of it) helps too. It seems that these seats are very comfortable if your body frame size/width is just right but I think if you're either too narrow or too wide it can cause this problem. I also have a historical back problem so I did often wonder how much was the car the problem and how much was me, and after visiting a physio again and strengthening certain muscles the car did get a bit less uncomfortable, so yes your back problem won't be helping but I guess that isn't as easy as mine to treat if it's a disc problem rather than muscular. There have been several times I have considered getting rid of the car but having been to a car supermarket to sit in various alternatives, a lot of them feel as bad (or worse) and when I get back in mine then it doesn't feel as bad and nothing else can give you as much car for the same money. I have also tried to resolve the issue by making a leather trimmed and shaped cushion to effectively raise the seat base up so the base bolsters aren't as obtrusive with a view to perhaps getting a better version made professionally. It kind of works but bugs me that I had to do it so I do keep trying to get comfortable without it. I can try to upload a photo of the cushion if you're interested because I made two so may be able to send you one to try out just incase it works for you. I still may end up going to a seat trimmer and getting them to shave off some of the seat base side bolster but am still slightly reluctant incase it still doesn't fully solve the issue.
  9. I have had this almost exact problem since January and tried various solutions with differing degrees of success so I feel your pain (literally). Firstly...Is your car a dsg or manual gearbox ?
  10. On mine (2018 SE Tech), I select the "car" menu then "personalisation" then after checking sure you're set as the appropriate driver, scroll down to the bottom of that screen and select the menu item to assign to key. They unit will then tell you to press the unlock button on the key fob. But I notice yours is a newer version so could be different.
  11. Ok, thanks.... I did read about the seat assist option via vcds on another thread so had a feeling that might be the only way to do it. I'll look into it as there was another option I might want coding too. Cheers
  12. Hi.... I have set up key and seat personalisation but it seems that if I select a different seat memory position while driving that selection then gets automatically stored to the key profile (even if I select key assignment to manual), which I don't want to happen. I was hoping to set it up so that when I unlock the car it automatically sets the seat to a certain memory number which is set further back but then when I get in and comfortable I can select a different memory position without that then being saved to the key. So that when I open again the next time it still selects the further back position again. Does anyone know if that's possible? Thanks
  13. @TheBinarySheep.... I wish you hadn't posted the photo of your car first. I have SE Tech in grey but the photo of your car is making me want to swap mine for a black Sportline.
  14. Do you know it's history ? What is the bodywork like.... Any signs of previous accident damage ?
  15. Mine is a manual so I'm ok.
  16. Each to his own but I find that more of a nuisance than just leaving the auto hold feature off and applying the handbrake if and when I want to stop for more than a few seconds.
  17. Thankfully mine prevented me ftom reversing into a brand new range rover earlier this year. I was reversing out of a car parking space and got distracted by a couple of pedestrians so was watching them and not the expensive motor behind me. I can confirm it's not gentle braking.
  18. Ironic that this thread has appeared in the last couple of days as I've just started to turn auto hold off, and I find the car much smoother when pulling away.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.