Everything posted by DieselMonte
-
MPG, how frugal is your Fabia?
I've gotten around 70mpg on a few occasions in my monte, must be flukes as I've not been able to come near that lately. Noticed my cars not been quite as frugal for the past while. Drives fine otherwise so who knows whats going on. I've gotten around 70mpg on a few occasions in my monte, must be flukes as I've not been able to come near that lately. Noticed my cars not been quite as frugal for the past while. Drives fine otherwise so who knows whats going on.
-
AnnoyingPentium's 2006 Fabia 1.2 12v Ambiente-ish
Lasted a long time that heatshield! The ones on my monte were hanging when they were changed. Atleast the damage isnt too bad!
-
1.6TDI N75 Weirdness
I've no clue to be honest how it got in there, you can see some of it in the photos of the old one I posted before. Probably worth it for me to take off the new one and see if it now has the same gunk on it. I've never noticed much oil usage though and its running absolutely fine. Noticed a fair bit of oily vapour coming through the CCV, Suppose thats normal though.
-
1.6TDI N75 Weirdness
Mines been running much better since I put the new one on. I cleaned out my old one though not too long ago, as I was curious if anything was stuck in there. Ran compressed air through it first, barely any air coming through the other port. Sprayed brake clean through it and a lot of black gunk came out of it. Ran compressed air through it again and immediately clear it made a difference. Proper "click" sound when starting and stopping running air through it, and more air going out the other side of it. Chances are I could have gotten away with cleaning my old one, but now I can use it as a spare "just in case"
-
AnnoyingPentium's 2006 Fabia 1.2 12v Ambiente-ish
Change the wheels front to back and go for a spin, then you'll know if its a wheel out of balance straight away. When I swapped tyres back to front on my monte it suddenly shook like crazy above 80, sure enough one of the wheels had lost some weights.
-
Non vrs mods
Little in the way of tinkering on a modern car but you can do a little bit to it. (Aside from a remap and exhaust, these are cheap and or free things I've done to mine.) On mine I've: -Deflapped the airbox -Fitted a vRS intake -Cleaned out the Egr pipe and ASV -Cleaned out boost pipes -Gutted the turbo damper Some little things you can do aside from a remap. No harm making it breathe easier, last I checked my cars running fine after all the abuse I've given it.
-
Non vrs mods
vRS intake pipe from the dealership. 25 euro from a dealers and a better job than any hot air cone intake. I have a darkside downpipe on mine. Good exhaust but its cracked once on the car it came off of and once on my car. Need stiffer mounts to stop it cracking.
-
DieselMonte's 2012 Monte Carlo Project. (175hp 6 speed swapped)
Axle is officially done. Mechanic had a lot of trouble fitting it, both the discs were rubbing on the carriers and the pads I had were too thick and the caliper would not go back far enough to take them. Very luckily I didn't get rid of the discs and pads I got with them, as they were the only ones that would work. Got quite dirty so needed a deep wash when I got it home. No clue how it got rust water over the top of it, certainly a new one for me. Sprayed it down with iron remover to get as much of it off as I could before touching it. Had to do 2 even 3 passes in some areas, and it seems to have etched into the roof slightly. It'll polish out easy but I'll do that another time. Anyhow, some before and afters: Currently I don't have my rarb on as its on the old axle which I still need to pick up. You'd know it was off, I think i'll sand it back down and paint it before it goes back on. I know its only cosmetic but its still shocking how quickly that rarb started to rust. New polybushes are absolutely perfect so far. Car rides fine, no more harsh than it was before. Haven't driven the car much so the rear discs havent had the chance to clean off 100%. What I can say so far is that the handbrake is fantastic compared to the drums. Brakes feel really good in general, imagine they'll be even nicer after they settle.
-
Last job on list.
Thanks gents, now I know for when I crack on with mine.
-
Last job on list.
Does anyone take the console off the car off the car or is it more hassle doing it that way?
-
Tyre rumble @ random points
-
Tyre rumble @ random points
Montreals were fitted to Mk4 golfs, which are 5x100. Mk5 golf onwards is 5x112. Pic of Montreals on a Mk4 All a fabia is under the skin is a b*stardised Mk4 golf.
-
AnnoyingPentium's 2006 Fabia 1.2 12v Ambiente-ish
When I have my Stiff springs in, 5 up in mine and it sits the same as my car does now on the short springs I got with my coilovers. Do drop links and arb bushes together and rule them out. Your shocks even though they're low mileage are still quite old so no chance they're working at their best. And of course better wishbone bushes will make a difference. At this rate I might have my wishbone bushes on before you
-
AnnoyingPentium's 2006 Fabia 1.2 12v Ambiente-ish
My cars horrid with carrying weight too, this pic is exactly why I'll be swapping in my big stiff springs for road trips. Made it over to galway and back like this though!
-
Tyre rumble @ random points
5x100 VW stuff 100% will. Mk4 Golf platform aswell as Polo/Ibiza sister cars will all fit. Always thought a Set of Montreals would look ace on a vRS. Brake light switch should be easy to do, stick your head under the dash and you'll see a button looking thing near the top of the brake pedal, thats what you're looking at changing. SMF wouldn't dampen vibrations as well as a DMF no, but you'd get used to it pretty quick. Its definately not going to shake it to death. Worth noting a Heavier Single mass flywheel will dampen more vibrations than a lighter one.
-
Tyre rumble @ random points
+1, my glow plug lights on because I've the fuse to it pulled. OP can swap his tyres onto another set of spyders either
-
Tyre rumble @ random points
I've seen quite a few sets of fabia vRS spyders for the £100 mark, tyres and all. My set were 80 euro and while they were rough to say the least, all the tyres held air and 2 of them were perfectly fine for road use. I painted mine up to get them looking presentable but thats just cosmetics. Any 5x100 vw rims would work, whatever you can get a good deal on really. Rear discs aren't much either. I paid just over 20 euro for 2 discs for the same. Clutch and DMF job would be pricey, but most of that is from the price of a dmf. If you were to convert it to a smf you'd be taking a lot off that £1000 quote.
-
Last job on list.
Mispoke a little bit, I have both bushes for the wishbones, only the rear ever needs changing
-
Last job on list.
Problem Solving Bushes, get them as cheap direct from their website, plus free delivery. I run them on my monte, and have front wishbone bushes for my mk1 that I need to get my finger out and fit. Haven't failed yet on my monte with 20000+ miles of abuse so far. Not sure if its just early fabias, but basically theres 2 types of console bushes fitted to em, early ones have rubber on the top and bottom and the updated bushes have the rubber in an "X" pattern. My car had them replaced at some point as they're the X type ones.
-
car recommendation?
Depressing. If you're looking for a cheap car that probably won't bankrupt you with repairs, look into an older avensis. They were popular with cabbies for a reason.
-
car recommendation?
Older toyotas sure, newer ones don't hold up as well, even their diesels for the last few years were BMW oil drinkers for the most part.
-
Wheel Paint for Monte Carlo Black Wheels
"Skoda Granit Metallic" Is the proper match, I have a touch up pen of the stuff. Code of it is F7S / 9090 / F7B according to the listing I got mine off. https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Car-Touch-Up-Paint-SKODA-GRANIT-MET-Code-F7S-9090-F7B-Brush-In-Lid-/191796789348?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0
-
DieselMonte's 2012 Monte Carlo Project. (175hp 6 speed swapped)
- DieselMonte's 2012 Monte Carlo Project. (175hp 6 speed swapped)
Hopefully they'll not look too hard at the lack of a dpf/cat Calipers got high build primed: Then sanded back and painted: Got lazy and didnt bother masking off the piston and boot, doubt it'll make much odds. Also got new discs and an abs sensor as one of them on the axle was damaged getting it off the car and the correct size heat shields ( not sure if they can be put on without needing to replace the wheel bearings.) Its basically ready to go into the car otherwise, end of next week is still when i'm aiming to have it done.- DieselMonte's 2012 Monte Carlo Project. (175hp 6 speed swapped)
Technically I now have most of what would be needed to convert it to discs, since it has the mounts for a set of calipers. - DieselMonte's 2012 Monte Carlo Project. (175hp 6 speed swapped)
Important Information
Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.