Everything posted by DieselMonte
-
Suspension Brands
Might just be that other people are ok with their car just getting through MOT, not neccesarily if the car is in good shape or not. Did he get the parts or did you bring them yourself? Unless he somehow couldnt get the parts for the other side and needed it off the lift I cant see why he wouldnt do both sides. On an unrelated note the rear springs are silly easy to do with a jack I learned. No spring compressors needed.
-
Black smoke! Why? :)
I think diesels generally go by EGT rather than AFR like petrols do. The throttle in a diesel is metering fuel into the engine, controlling speed that way so I dont think afr is much use.
-
Want a replacement for my swing radio, need help
If you left it on it might drain the battery. Any pictures of it installed?
-
Fabia vRS ECU Swap - What is required?
Better yet an sdi!
-
Gearbox Mount for a 1.6Tdi
Thank you Wino yet again. Yeah, my car is a CAYC code, not CLMA. Looking at it I think the one ending AT is for diesels? I'll start searching for a new one now.
-
Gearbox Mount for a 1.6Tdi
Good evening everyone, Looking to change out the gearbox mount on the fabia, even after doing the dogbone theres a decent amount of slack coming from the drivetrain driving around. Does anyone know the part numbers specifically for mine? AFAIK they all fit the same but the diesel ones meant to be stiffer? Mine is a 1.6tdi to be clear. I'm afraid of buying one made for a petrol and it not being up to snuff. Is their one brand of mount thats better than the others? From what I understand the dogbone is the one thats usually the main problem, but I'm not long after putting in the powerflex one so thats ruled out.
-
Want a replacement for my swing radio, need help
If you have a Maxidot cluster you get a gauge. My car just has the light telling you if its cold or warm as its non maxidot. Even the cold light goes off way too soon imo, I think its roughly 50°c when it goes off. Have thought about putting auxillary Water temp and Oil pressure gauges on, but for now just running torque is proving more than adequate.
-
I bought a Skoda Fabia 1.6 TDI 2010 model today. DPF warning light has come on.
Turning it off and on again.
-
Want a replacement for my swing radio, need help
That is quite cool, but looking at it I doubt i'd be able to get any more use out of it than just running it on my phone clipped into the vent next to the gauges. All I want from mine is to read water temps, I just have boost and voltage as extras.
-
Want a replacement for my swing radio, need help
Torque on the head unit? Am I misreading? There is the RCD330 headunit with gps and its meant to be a straight swap. RCD330 is an OEM headunit I believe.
-
tweenster's S2000
More of a project than either of mine!
-
Bonnet vents
Would be a very cool pet project for me to take on, obviously pointless on a stock power diesel, but very cool nonetheless. Still sort of amazed that there arent any readily available for the fabia, surely its a popular enough car, and theres been carbon bonnets made for less desireable cars.
-
Bonnet vents
Would give my left nut for a true carbon bonnet for one of these. The s2000 bonnet is cool, but the vents I think are too much on a street car. If only there was a smooth version of the s2000 bonnet, or better yet a smooth carbon one.
-
I bought a Skoda Fabia 1.6 TDI 2010 model today. DPF warning light has come on.
Yep just under the steering wheel, wide plastic cover pops off and its under there you find the obd socket.
-
Bonnet vents
Is there actually any record of them not allowing someone to purchase one? A proper s2000 bonnet is 4kg lighter than the standard bonnet. Was yours bought for the weight reduction aspect or the ventilation?
-
Bonnet vents
Thats an S2000 bonnet. For a Fabia s2000 rally car. I'm pretty sure @32KOFDATA managed to get his s2000 bonnet used off an actual rally car.
-
Black smoke! Why? :)
Its a relatively common practice to gut the catalyst on older diesels for better flow. The Cat itself gets gutted but the outer case and downpipe is kept to pass MOT. MOT only tests smoke and I think they only do a visual inspection on the catalyst. No catalyst, more smoke. Its not done it in a while, it used to roll major coal though will keep those sensors in mind.
-
Black smoke! Why? :)
Have run my mk1 on everything and it would smoke on everything. White, green, red diesel, pure kero, even veg oil it would smoke. Doesnt smoke a lot now though.
-
Black smoke! Why? :)
Evrymod?
-
I bought a Skoda Fabia 1.6 TDI 2010 model today. DPF warning light has come on.
Security torx or regular?
-
tweenster's S2000
How come you never moved this onto the projects section? Loving the car btw.
-
Fabia Mark 2 Monte Carlo: 1.6 tdi or 1.2 tsi
You can check the vin on a website and it'll tell you if its been done or not. Found out mine was done that way. I'm sorry I cant remember the website itself but I imagine some googling would bring it right up. Dieselgate cars had software changes and a 'flow transformer' installed between the airbox and maf.
-
I bought a Skoda Fabia 1.6 TDI 2010 model today. DPF warning light has come on.
Probably does need the keys, anything needed to remove the head unit will be covered by the trim surrounding it. Be careful getting it off. Most likely the 'keys' you mentioned or some Torx screws holding the radio in.
-
I bought a Skoda Fabia 1.6 TDI 2010 model today. DPF warning light has come on.
I would phone up a dealer and see what they can do, if they are nearby. I've had the battery out of my car before and never come across the radio needing a code. Who steals radios nowadays anyway?
-
I bought a Skoda Fabia 1.6 TDI 2010 model today. DPF warning light has come on.
I forgot all about Carista, and I've tried the VAG dpf app but my adapter wont read on it. Carista is meant to be good, I've not used it. I've been able to clear codes with torque thus far. Honestly dont think I need anything more than it, for the time being.