Skip to content

DieselMonte

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DieselMonte

  1. Clean vRS' and pristine normal fabias will become classics I would imagine. A car like mine could never be worth anything for example. Nor will a vRS with 330k miles, JOM coilovers and a HXRNY sticker on the windshield be worth as much as a completely original vRS either. For now though, I don't see much point in worrying about keeping a car locked away because they might go up in value. I can speak from experience here when I say it does more harm than good. Tyres get flat spots, batteries go dead, fuel goes off,mould appears (and fabias are notorious for having dodgy seals that let in moisture), mice and rats can take up residence in it and do a lot of damage if they want to. Mice were in my car, around the engine too. They didn't seem to chew much of the wiring but they somehow got between the roof and the headliner. Found droppings on the top of the headliner, sound deadening on the roof chewed and a stain of I presume mouse pee around the spot where the sun visor would fold up into the headliner, nasty. I don't think that at this time its worthwhile to put some storage as opposed to just driving and enjoying them
  2. I'm guessing the connector I circled is the one ehod has the photo of? Near the battery? I don't know if this is much help But I started at the brown wire at the alternator plug (see second pic) and tried to chase it back. From what I can see its going down and under some coolant hose in behind the intake manifold. I lost it after that but it must be pretty low on the engine, guessing you'll see it if you can get under the car and get off the undertray. If I can get out i'll put my car over the pit and take off the undertray and look for it.
  3. I'll give a look later on my car. My car did the high idle thing before when I wasnt driving it much, I think its just a regen. Was told it could also be because the car thinks the battery is low so its keeping higher revs to charge itself. Since i've had the dpf removed its done the high idle thing exactly once. If its a connector that size my mk1 has one just like that on the front of the engine, (I want to say near the oil filter housing?) and it goes to the alternator iirc. I imagine its going to be in a similar spot on my mk2.
  4. Probably would get a nice 1.6tdi with that. Hell, I saw a Monte Carlo up for £1495 Had a power steering fault and a massive amount of miles but looks pretty straight. https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202106153849111?advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=Ls15 8qx&model=FABIA&page=2&make=SKODA&include-delivery-option=on&sort=relevance&modal=description
  5. Huh, always thought the monte was the same light just black. The more you know...
  6. These are twin beam headlights for reference, you have projectors. The small bulb is a sidelight.
  7. The small lamp next to the mouse is the sidelight
  8. For normal twin beams yeah. I think 32k of data has blacked out his headlights on his car but its got projectors.
  9. I had to cut one of mine with a grinder when I did mine.
  10. If they look like this they're standard wheels. I think 205/40 R17 is the standard size, but people have run 205/45 and 215/40 before. Funny, I noticed my car had a bit of a shake in the steering wheel on the old tyres I was running up till yesterday. Tiny bit of vibration at around 80-90mph cruising, especially on the motorway. Only with them tyres though. Not had it at that speed for long enough to notice it since. Tyres I had were toledo tl1000. Hated having them on the front, glad to see them off the car.
  11. Very minor and very boring job today. I had some free time and thought the pedals looked dull so I took them off and took them apart to give them a good polish. I used some meguiars nxt metal polish with my knockoff dremel and spent a while buffing the pedals. For not a lot of effort I think they came out good! Very easy to separate the metal from the rubber and that made it incredibly easy to just put the metal parts in the vice and Polish away!
  12. Two new tyres put on today. Pair of Grenlander Enri tyres, 130 fitted for the pair so can't complain. Only driven them a little bit so far and they seem okay, next wet day will tell all I think. I'm just happy that I dont need to be driving on these tyres anymore. Apparantly one of them was put on backwards too and no one ever noticed until recently when they were put onto the front! Also one of the foglight bulbs quit working that morning so ended up buying 2 bulbs and replacing the pair. Bit of a waste as the new bulb looked the same temp as the old ones but not a big deal.
  13. They aren't reflectors. They're projectors. I understand its your preference in regards to the car itself, I was saying that a Monte without the black headlights looks naff in my opinion. I have an ad from when the car I mentioned before was put up for sale in Ireland. It was originally a northern car when I first saw it up. Pictures aren't great but its enough to get my point across. In spite of my liking for the black projectors I would tend to agree with you. I don't really like the look of the twin beam lights of the mk2 but it wouldnt be a deal breaker either. I just think the black projectors go great with the bodykit of a monte carlo like mine. Definately will be getting better bulbs before winter comes though.
  14. I've seen a monte carlo with normal projectors fitted. Was hit in the front to no ones surprise. Its mostly because Monte carlos come with black headlight innards. Some vRS had them either as an option, or I *believe* standard for later ones, correct me if i'm wrong on that. Absolutely just a style choice. They make the Monte Carlo. Imo they look naff with the normal headlights.
  15. Whats with the ziptie and the chopped hose? Mines like that, I thought it was just from removing the dpf. Is it just how they are? (Sorry if I'm hijacking a thread)
  16. Or go back and get it mapped out. I should have gotten mine mapped off with everything else. Ended up putting a restrictor on the egr pipe instead.
  17. Does your car have projectors as standard?
  18. Not long back from my trip to the west of Ireland. Car performed great the whole way there and back. Averaged 58mpg carrying 3 passengers and a full boot of luggage most of the time. Atleast with the remap it was comfortably keeping a good pace the entire time even with the air conditioning on non stop. Knowing how it behaved pre remap, I'm glad it had the extra power to haul all of us with ease.We ended up heading all the way down to the cliffs of Moher and came across a very fun section of hairpins. Had a blast wringing out second gear climbing it. Even with the back of the car tucking tyre the entire time it was still decently comfortable.
  19. Not the first thing that comes to mind when you see a blacked out golf match....
  20. All the range in the golf match community from what i've seen.
  21. Can you not get lights from a monte or another vRS with black headlights? Unless some vRS' came with twin beam headlights.
  22. I dont want to sound daft, but if i'm not mistaken, theres not much in the way of emissions or noise control to remove from an sdi. Its a euro 3 engine iirc, its only got a basic cat and an egr that can be disabled by pulling the vacuum line to it. There does seem to be a bit of a gain to be had by disabling the egr, but that can just as easily be done in 2 minutes by yourself.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.