Skip to content

Noms

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Noms

  1. What made you remove the glove box, or were you doing something else?
  2. Very annoying, but thanks for the tip!
  3. What happens if you turn it off and then leave it off. Start the car, and then turn it on? (so it's not on automatically at start up)
  4. I had my front diff oil done on my 230 in March; the same time as the oil change at 40k miles. As far as I'm aware, this is the first time in it's life. Cost me £110 and was advised to have it done every 3 years or 40k miles, whichever comes first. Also advised regular oil change yearly or 5,000 miles, Brake fluid every 2 years, Spark Plugs every 40k.
  5. Does it matter that my current tyres are 225's not 235's?
  6. Where are you getting them from? My current tyres are 225/35/19, and PS4's are not available in this size..?
  7. Is it legal?
  8. What gains were you looking for from an Induction kit? It may be that something else is more suited eg https://www.pedalbox.com/en/
  9. Would love to see some photos please
  10. Fit a dump valve
  11. Pedal Box I would buy online from the official website: https://www.pedalbox.com/en/ Fitting is dead easy, it takes around 15 minutes, there are videos online as well as detailed instructions included. Trust me, you will certainly feel the difference.
  12. Have you checked with the usual RacingLine and Revo? Those 2 seems to have the best reviews.
  13. Have you had it plugged in for diagnostics? Is it a mk2 or mk3 Octavia? You're probably aware this is a mk3 forum.
  14. Mate, I feel your pain. My Tyre Pressure Warning has been coming on for the rear drivers side tyre too, I keep topping it up, but will have to get it replaced next week too. Is changing one ok, or should both be done at the same time? I know that is advised on smaller cars, but not sure for the Octy's. These tyres don't come cheap! (mine are 225/35/19)
  15. Thanks for the replies. Wouldn't the filter get 'clogged' by it's filtering process? In my mind, all filters would need changing at some point.
  16. How often should it be replaced?
  17. At what frequency should the fuel filter be changed on a petrol car? It's not listed as part of the service at any frequency by Skoda, so I would assume it's not yearly?
  18. Very sorry to hear of this. What mileage has the engine covered? I've heard the EA888 G3 should be good up to 200k with regular oil changes etc Do you think the Stage 3 had anything to do with it, extra pressure on the engine?
  19. Looks nice, I wonder how permanent it would be. Wouldn't it be less hassle just to replace the grill with a black one?
  20. If you want to improve your throttle response and make the car more 'fun' to drive, get one of these: https://www.pedalbox.com/en/
  21. This is the SubWoofer I went for (with built in amp): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pioneer-TS-WX130DA-Car-Amplified-Subwoofers/dp/B078PHCHSW The speakers were these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/JBL-Stage1-621-Coaxial-Speakers/dp/B07Y5DRS5G The speakers come with built in tweeters, so I didn't mess around with changing the ones in the A pillars, they still work as before and compliment the sound.
  22. https://www.pedalbox.com/en/ As I said, the Pedal Box made my car a hell of a lot more fun to drive. In fact, I'll probably fit one on my current car too. With regards to an Induction kit with a cold air feed, I chose the RacingLine 600: https://www.racingline.com/air-intake-r600-r600evo I guess the difference it makes depends on what engine you have. The throttle response on my VRS has improved greatly; the air flow into the engine is amazing, I can hear it flowing in and hear the Turbo working too. I'd previously fitted a BMC Induction Kit to a VW Golf I had, and once again, it made a huge difference. Others might not have had the same experience, but that's because it depends on your set up and choice of kit. An induction kit with an open air filter will draw in hot air and be counter productive, however a cold air feed certainly does make a difference. I would say your first port of call should be a Pedal Box, and TBH that's probably all you'll need.
  23. The first performance mods I made on mine was an Induction kit, the Remap is still to come. Have you looked into a 'PedalBox'? I had one on my BMW 5 Series, and it makes the car a lot of fun to drive.
  24. Thank you for this guide. Where did you get the Zip file from for the upgrade?
  25. I upgraded the sound system in my Octy VRS by replacing the speakers with 6.5" JBL Stage 1621 and added a Pioneer TS-WX130DA underseat subwoofer. It's made a considerable difference, and didn't cost much.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.