Everything posted by Noms
-
heater problem
This might sound like a silly question, but are you pressing the buttons to direct the air? If not, then press the buttons for windscreen or passenger facing etc and see if the temperature increases. If you leave the fan on with out directing the airflow, it an be of different temps.
- VRs Rear Anti Roll Bar Upgrade
-
VRS 245 with RamAir induction kit
Sorry, I've no experience with the Ram Air, however I've heard good things about this one: https://www.racingline.com/air-intake-r600-golf7gti-golf7r-audis3-auditts-vwr12g7r600
-
No cool air - faulty flap?
...so they can rip you off...!
-
Best Xenon Headlight Bulbs (D3S)
I'm surprised, I've been overly impressed with the lights and bulbs on my VRS230, they are much better than my previous car, a BMW 5 series.
-
Drivers door handle trim
Part of my the door handle has come loose, and for the life of me, I can't get it back in flush. It goes in, then the top of it pops out, it is as annoying as hell. I thought it may be slightly damaged, so I ordered a new one from Skoda (part number 5e0 867 198) for £13, but the new one does the same. I don't really want to use a cable tie to hold it down, but is there any other advice? Is there anyone that's had the door cards off, that can advise please? Thanks.
-
Impending vRS 230 purchase (pre-FL)!
Thank you for sharing with us, you've probably summarised how most of us feel about our cars too; I'm certainly very pleased and delighted with the 230, it's sooooooo much better than the BMW 5 series it replaced.
-
Black Badging
Agreed, they are super quality. I previously bought some from fleaBay, and they were absolute rubbish. Didn't stick properly, and fell apart, a complete waste of money. Kopacek, although expensive, are worth it.
-
Black Badging
I've bought a 'bolt on' one from SuperSkoda! Regretting it now, considering the prices of these things..
-
Black Badging
Is it possible to remove the existing 'glued on' badge, and replace it with the 'bolt-on'? I can't seem to get the bolts behind the grill. Is grill removal required?
-
About to buy a 2016 VRS Hatch
+1 for the vRS, I have the 230 which I am extremely pleased with.
-
Do I really need a Skoda octavia vrs?
Hope you got the vRS. Coming from a BMW 5 Series to an Octavia vRS, I am nothing but pleased. The car has the ability to put a smile on my face every time I give it some stick. The kids love it, the wife hates it; so we're all winners.
-
Black Badging
Looks great. Can we see the centre caps too please? Where did you source them from?
-
Badge removal
Thanks for the advice, I also purchased a can of Desolvit, and it worked great!
-
Bag in coolant.
Well done mate, you now have peace of mind..
-
Ventilation grill selection
Why don't you just shut off the vents manually that you don't want the air to come out of. I usually keep the cabin facing vents closed, whilst having air mainly to the front screen.
-
Octavia reading lights query
Whip the cover off and take a look at the bulbs, it'll take 30 seconds. It looks like the bulbs have been replaced.
-
Anyone know what this is?
Captain Hook...?
-
Badge removal
That looks really nice. So hot water, and then dental floss?
-
When changing front door speakers
Honestly? The speakers have made a huge difference to the sound in my mk3 Octavia VRS. So much so that as they were wired in first, I was considering not installing the subwoofer at all, but then I went with it anyway. And I'm glad I did .
-
What Dashcam won’t destroy DAB signal
The Nextbase killed my DAB in my previous car, a BMW 5 series. However the exact same dashcam ( I removed it and installed into Skoda), works absolutely fine in my 2016 Octy. DAB works fine and everything. Try disconnecting just the rear Nextbase as this has been known to cause interference, and see if this works.
-
When changing front door speakers
I just changed the main 4 door speakers with these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/JBL-Stage1-621-Coaxial-Speakers/dp/B07Y5DRS5G They have built in tweeters and sound really great; crisp and clear. I also fitted an amped Sub which provides great depth.
-
All chrome gone now from my VRS
Look very nice, I really like what you've done with the wheels.
-
Badge removal
Doesn't this cause any damage to the body/paint?
-
Black badges
Skoda don't sell black badges, in fact when I was at the dealership, I asked them and they referred me to eBay! The ones on SuperSkoda are ridiculously priced, but apparently good quality. I purchased a decent pair from eBay for around a tenner each, which seem really good; they even have the original Skoda part number on the rear.