Everything posted by Binx1310
-
Does anyone else have these niggling problems with the Amundsen stereo?
Does it make a difference if you fill in the album, artist etc in the file data on your pc? Should then at least list by artist and album etc?
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Yes. Went for as close a size to my alloys as I could get for that reason How do they get over this with the official spare as it’s quite a bit different?
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Yea was looking at getting a kerb damaged version of the 18s I have but it would lift the floor by quite a bit and it’s a tight squeeze in the well. Happy with what I have. Will do a test fit Friday and make sure.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
At that tyre width and sidewall of the standard spare, it’s 6% smaller circumference. On the tyre size I have it’s less than 0.5%. Granted the rim is 0.5” narrower but the tyre is wider and taller and more similar to the alloys and tyres I have. For the rare occasion it will be used for relatively short duration I’m sure it will be fine.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
My purchase was based on the info in this post. Hopefully will be ok. There are posts of people putting karoq alloys on Superbs too. Will do some careful test fitting on Friday.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Just ordered the final bits White led vanity mirror lights Parking brake switch (chrome chipped on my one) Rubber boot liner windscreen mount DAB aerial Final for now anyway. I keep browsing the forum and seeing ideas for things that take my fancy! Next up will be full service, dsg service and rear brakes in about 3000 miles or so.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Hope so! I bought it based on another post on the forum. It’s the right pcd and offset different by 2mm. But half an inch narrower to fit under the floor. Rolling diameter is less than 0.5% different from current wheels. Going to do a test fit later in the week.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Now all set up with a spare. I got this wheel: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364188522719 This Jack: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08FTH8N1T This breaker bar and socket: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403816977765 and this mounting screw: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0FP91RLPK I know its a budget tyre but its a cost effective way of having a full size spare. If I were to get a flat on th front I would put swap an alloy from the back to front and then put the spare on the rear. It just its in wheel well without needing to trim any plastic away. And the breaker bar tucks in under the plastic trim before the wheel goes in. Im thinking it may rattle a bit in that position so will put some foam or sound deadening between it and the metal. Floor is flat over the top of the wheel too. Annoyinly the jack is about 10mm too long to fit inside the wheel for the floor to sit flat, but it does fit in the side cubby along with my fire extinguisher, and then the first aid and emergency kit fit in the wheel. Happy with that. The floor does feel a bit soft over the centre of the wheel, and I assume the OEM foam insert goes some way to supporting the floor. May make up a circle of Plywood to fit in the wheel to help support the floor. Also does anyone want the standard foam nonspare wheel insert before I take it to the dump? Is it worth trying to sell?
-
Front Parking Sensor Retrofit
Did you ever find time to make the guide? I’m looking to do this on our my2021 kodiaq se
-
Seat adjustment, resets when getting in
I think this is the problem with mine. Does the memory module have to be coded? Can it be done with vcds if so? Mine moves fine but doesn’t save any memories.
-
Bouncy and Unsettling ride
Let’s hope The suspension does the trick. I was conscious going over the speed bumps driving away from yours and mine definitely doesn’t bounce!
-
Trunk Torch/Light - LED Upgrade
Ah that’s a shame. It looked like a good mod and as others have mentioned a constant niggle of the difference in colour when opening the boot! Thanks for letting me know.
-
Trunk Torch/Light - LED Upgrade
Hi, very late to the party but wondered if this is still a thing you are offering, or there is anyone else offering the same thing
-
What bulbs are fitted to the S3 & upgraded bulb recommendations
Hi. Any up to date recommendations for led reversing and rear indicator bulbs? Thanks
-
How to remove C pillar trim on superb mk3 with pan roof
This is from the manual. Doesn’t differentiate for ones with pan roof so not sure if it’s different. You have to remove the top part of the boot trim first. One of the stews is hidden behind the small plastic clip that you flick out to get to it Then you can take the trim off. Beware there is an airbag above the d panel. I did this to route a cable for rear camera without disconnecting any airbags.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Changed the gaiter today. Old one was starting to peel on the corners. Got a nice black leather mk7 golf one from @tombee Dismantling from car was pretty straight forward. Taking the knob off the top of the gaiter was challenging. A couple of screwdrivers prying key parts and some swearing was required. Also managed to push the button in when doing it which the manual says is a no no and you need a special tool to reset it. Turns out you can flip the top off and reach in with a screwdriver to reset it. The golf gaiter is bigger than the superb one so had to cut it down a bit. And the original is stapled on to the frame. I doubt it would have taken more staples as it seems a bit brittle. And I don’t have a stapler. So superglue and some pegs to hold it all in place was the method I went for. Had to pleat in some corners but kept that to the front so it can’t be seen in the car. Then made the schoolboy error of not putting the metal ring on before the knob. Doh. All in all wasn’t too bad and really pleased with the look. A note for those with the new P switch on top of the gearbox. If your gaiter is a bit baggy as mine is now, it can get trapped between the shaft and the switch and make it so the switch doesn’t press and you can’t get the key out the ignition. Some careful positioning of the gaiter and it seems to be all Good.
-
Reverse camera
According to manual no. It should come on automatically. If you have the button on the screen circled in red this should turn on the camera.
-
Reverse camera
Ok. Well it should be up to them to fix it. Not sure how it works being so far away. If a main dealer they may let you take it to a more local one as it would be a Škoda warranty.
-
Reverse camera
The camera is integrated with the handle to open the tailgate. Reversing sensors are mounted in the bumper. If it has a camera in the handle and it isn’t working something is wrong. Do you have a warranty? If you do take the car back to the person you bought it from and get it fixed. If it turns out you don’t have a camera there is a really good plug and play option available from AliExpress for around £40 that is quite easy to DIY install
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Just ordered a 16" steel wheel with tyre, Jack, 17mm deep socket and breaker bar to set myself up with spare wheel kit. I also ordered the big plastic screw to secure the spare wheel. I havent bothered ordering the OEM toolkit as I dont see the need when all the bits can go isnide the bag for the Jack. Will take some pics when its all arrived. Also picked up a leather DSG gaiter from @tombee who it turns out lives just 20 mins from me! Will try fitting it at the weekend.
-
Using google maps
It only works on Android auto with google maps. Doesnt work on carplay with iphone unfortunately.
- Skoda Superb estate Mk3
- Skoda Superb estate Mk3
-
DAB aerial replacement
Went out to the car just now and unplugged dashcam and usb chargers etc. and radio worked perfectly. Plugged everything back in and it still works fine. So I have no idea what is causing the issue.
-
DAB aerial replacement
great thanks for the recommendation. I assume its the FAKRA connector?