Everything posted by Binx1310
-
Front park assist retrofit help required!
I have ordered a 5QA919294B from a Diesel in the hope that the dataset is plug and play!
-
Front park assist retrofit help required!
Hi. I have installed all the parts now and done the coding I believe is right, but fear I may have a couple of issues. It looks like I might have a wiring issue with a couple of sensors showing a short. I have extended the loom so may be my dodgy wiring. Also looks like it’s looking for rear cross traffic alert and ev motor. So I think dataset is wrong on module. (It was from a 1.4 hybrid) not sure if this can recoded or I need a different module. Any help gratefully received. I use carscanner rather than vcds hence the difference in format. 10. Parking Assistant 2 Application data identification: W5 VAG Part number: 5QA919294G Software version: 0061 ECU manufacturing date (ASCII): & ECU serial number: 00015005832014754118 Hardware Part number: 5QA919294 System supplier ECU hardware number: 00015005832014754118 System designation: PDC 8 Kanal Calibration date (ASCII): 000101 ASAM/ODX: EV_EPHVA18AU3700000 Hardware version: H08 ASAM/ODX version: 009046 FAZIT Identification: ATW-00126.05.20ED020881 Parameter set part number: V03935310QN Parameter set version: 0001 System abbreviation: J446 ECU manufacturing date (HEX): 200526 Date of last adaptation: 000101 Date of last coding: 200617 Diagnostic mode: 01 Parametrization date: 200617 Long Coding: 1471055851 -------------------- 17. Dashboard Application data identification: -------------------------- VAG Part number: 3V0920941 Software version: 6422 ECU manufacturing date (ASCII): 151119 VIN: TMBKJ7NP9G7041006 Hardware Part number: 3V0920941 System supplier ECU hardware number: A2C945862040000_D2255 System supplier ECU software number: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF System designation: KOMBI Calibration date (ASCII): &) ASAM/ODX: EV_DashBoardVDDMQBAB Hardware version: 213 ASAM/ODX version: 009046 FAZIT Identification: VD1-04819.11.1573958407 Parameter set part number: ----------- Parameter set version: ---- System abbreviation: J285 ECU manufacturing date (HEX): 151119 Date of last adaptation: 260329 Date of last coding: 260902 Diagnostic mode: 03 Parametrization date: 000101 Long Coding: 27A5090A2F90A60001887A011000000000000000 -------------------- Car Scanner ELM OBD2 Version: 2.1.46/2.1.46/iOS DTC report Connection profile: Skoda MQB, PQ26: Diesel DPF var.1 [EA288]Date: 9/2/2026 12:27:11 PM VIN: TMBKJ7NP9G70XXXXX ============================ OBD-II No DTC found. ============================ 10. Parking Assistant 210. Parking Assistant 2 DTCs: 4 ---------------------------- 1111828 [0x10F714] B10F714: Left front park assist sensor, Open circuit/short circuit to ground Geber für Einparkhilfe vorne links-G255 - Unterbrechung/Kurzschluss Masse Status bits: 1 Priority: 3 Frequency: 2 Unlearning index: 86 Odometer: 213832 km Date, time: 2026.09.02 12:13:58 Status: Test failed, Confirmed ---------------------------- 1112340 [0x10F914] B10F914: Right front center parking aid sensor, Open circuit/short circuit to ground (GND) Geber für Einparkhilfe vorne rechts mitte-G253 - Unterbrechung/Kurzschluss Masse Status bits: 1 Priority: 3 Frequency: 2 Unlearning index: 86 Odometer: 213832 km Date, time: 2026.09.02 12:13:58 Status: Test failed, Confirmed ---------------------------- 12656928 [0xC12120] U112100: Databus missing message Motorsteuergerät - Motor_EV_01 - kein Signal/keine Kommunikation Status bits: 1 Priority: 6 Frequency: 1 Unlearning index: 86 Odometer: 213832 km Date, time: 2026.09.02 12:13:38 Status: Test failed, Confirmed ---------------------------- 13639168 [0xD01E00] U112100: Databus missing message Steuergerät für Rear Cross Traffic Alert - RCTA_01 - kein Signal / keine Kommunikation Status bits: 1 Priority: 6 Frequency: 5 Unlearning index: 86 Odometer: 213832 km Date, time: 2026.09.02 12:13:38 Status: Test failed, Confirmed
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Couldn’t find this grommet at all. So went back to plan B. I ran the cables across the back of the bay in some heat proof conduit and then tucked it down behind the heat shield and in through the clutch grommet. Wires all terminated and routed next to the PDC controller ready for when the correct 18 pin plug arrives.
- Display showing boot open when closed and warning chime sounding when driving - Skoda Superb MK3 SE with power boot
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Thanks. Will have a look at this tomorrow. If I can get through there I’ll return the conduit!
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
I suppose that’s the clutch hole for lhd. I’ll have a look and see if I have it too as I’d rather go behind the dash than through engine bay Edit: I can feel it through a gap in the carpet but engine bay side would have to take battery etc out again and I’m not sure I can be bothered!
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Do you not have the fuse box crammed up above the pedals? Have you ever got cables through the main grommet? Are there any others to go through other than the clutch one?
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Whilst I wait for the blind spot LEDs to be flown in from china, I started on the front parking sensor retrofit today. I’ll write it up in more detail with parts etc once it’s all in and working. but once again it’s a bumper off job! Holes cut and sensors all installed. They aren’t quite sitting flush but the mount brackets are a different part number to the correct Skoda ones. But they don’t look too bad once all back together though! Next came removing air box, battery and battery tray to try to access the main bulkhead grommet from the engine side. Then glovebox and fuse box to get at it from car side. It’s impossible. I could just about get one finger to it and the current bundle of wires are so tight there’s no way I’m getting anything more through there. Found the grommet for where the clutch would be right near the PDC controller so the plan is to go through that. But as it’s right behind the hot side of the engine I’ve ordered some heat shield conduit for the cables to run through as they cross the top of the bulkhead just in case. So for now it’s all buttoned back up, and as I had some spare time I also installed the new button by the gearstick and the beeper that are required for 8k PDC, including pinning them into the plugs ready for the change over of the PDC controller.
-
Heater blower
I would guess the controls module gets hot and cuts out. Might need new control module
- Front nearside wing replacement Superbb 2017
-
Front nearside wing replacement Superbb 2017
I have the body repair manual. See the relevant pages below. If you are not confident, I can highly recommend VW Audi workshop in Ipswich, or James (not sure of his company name) in the unit next to hadleigh tyres in Needham market (ex VW Audi workshop manager and mechanic) Or I have tools, blind confidence and don’t mind having a go! I live about 10 minutes from your area!
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
It’s a slippery slope. Then when you’ve exhausted the cheap parts you move on to more expensive projects! I’m fast heading towards the only thing left to do is order an eibach pro kit and lower it! Then I’ll have to convince the Mrs she needs things for her kodiaq!
-
Superb Mk3 Estate 190PS TDI DSG MY2015 SE L Executive - Moon White
This evenings task was to get out the cardboard spray booth again. This time painting parking sensors for the front sensor retrofit project. I used the punch for the bumper to cut holes in a small cardboard box and taped them in place as an easier way of masking up the sensors. The loom has also arrived but is missing the 18 pin plug and is for LHD so some wires also need extending.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
This evenings task was to get out the cardboard spray booth again. This time painting parking sensors for the front sensor retrofit project. I used the punch for the bumper to cut holes in a small cardboard box and taped them in place as an easier way of masking up the sensors. The loom has also arrived but is missing the 18 pin plug and is for LHD so some wires also need extending.
-
Repeated daily Infotainment update issues
Our kodiaq is going the same. I need to book it in for the bcm recall so I’ll ask Skoda about it then.
-
Cambelt and water pump replacement pricing
Vw Audi workshop in Ipswich are brilliant but booked up quite far in advance. Prices are on the wall in the waiting room: £640 inc VAT
- 6 replies
-
-
- 1
-
-
- #skoda
- l&k superb
- superb mk3
- 2.0 tdi
-
Tagged with:
-
Rear 12V socket removal
How odd. So it wasn’t damaged when the armrest was repaired?! There would have been no reason for them to be anywhere near it in that case! We bought out kodiaq and Fabia from underwoods in Colchester and they were brilliant. That branch closed so we then went to bristos in Ipswich for the final services on the deal and they were awful. Cars were left dirty, and I always felt there was an upsell. Real dodgy car garage feel about them. It’s a shame that has jaded your impression of the brand.
-
Rear 12V socket removal
The usb socket is separate from the front cigarette lighter. I can understand them pulling wires by accident due to it being non OEM fitting, they wouldn’t know how they’re routed etc. and you would have to disconnect some of these parts to get to change the arm rest as they have done. But to pull the fuse because it’s blown and not mention it is unacceptable. At pick up they should have said “very sorry sir but when dismantling we pulled some wires we didn’t realise were there. This blew the fuse in slot 40. Here is a 20A fuse to replace it but you will need to repair your wires first. Please let us know if you incur any cost and we will reimburse you” I suspect potentially a junior tech cocked up and tried to hide it. Might be worth mentioning it to them as they may well not know!
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
You can get stick on battery projector ones with this logo, or Skoda / Superb logo ones that fit in the standard light fitting. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005553670345.html? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005009118625645.html
-
Recirculating Button not working
Sounds like they’ve fiddled with all your aftermarket bits which is a bit naughty. Does the camera and the usb now work?
-
Superb Mk3 Estate 190PS TDI DSG MY2015 SE L Executive - Moon White
Final connections made on the aftermarket blind spot detection kit this evening. All working well as intended. Next step is to experiment with OEM LEDs to see if I can make them work.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Final connections made on the aftermarket blind spot detection kit this evening. All working well as intended. Next step is to experiment with OEM LEDs to see if I can make them work.
-
Superb Mk3 Estate 190PS TDI DSG MY2015 SE L Executive - Moon White
Ha yeah. I knocked off the caked on mud in the back of the bumper but that was about it. I’ve never massively been in to the cleaning part of car ownership. Would rather pay someone else to do it. But if there’s something to take apart and put back together I’m there!
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
I have these and really like them. Be warned. AliExpress is an addictive drug!
-
Superb Mk3 Estate 190PS TDI DSG MY2015 SE L Executive - Moon White
Got the blind spot project to 95% complete this afternoon. All wires run in and loomed up to protect them. Boot trim came out to run cables and all power and indicator lights connected up and all working well. Not the most elegant finish just yet but this is proof of concept stage. Final bits to finish this bit is to tap in to the rear light feeds so the BSD indicators flash at you if you are indicating whilst something is in your blind spot. Just waiting on some posi taps to come for the connection points. Then if I’m happy with how it operates , next step is some experiments with the multimeter to check how the standard LEDs operate and then see if they will run the OEM BSD indicator LEDs. If they do then wires will be run in to the doors and OEM LEDs installed in the mirror housings so that it looks standard.