Skip to content

Binx1310

FREEDOMLite
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Binx1310

  1. Got the blind spot project to 95% complete this afternoon. All wires run in and loomed up to protect them. Boot trim came out to run cables and all power and indicator lights connected up and all working well. Not the most elegant finish just yet but this is proof of concept stage. Final bits to finish this bit is to tap in to the rear light feeds so the BSD indicators flash at you if you are indicating whilst something is in your blind spot. Just waiting on some posi taps to come for the connection points. Then if I’m happy with how it operates , next step is some experiments with the multimeter to check how the standard LEDs operate and then see if they will run the OEM BSD indicator LEDs. If they do then wires will be run in to the doors and OEM LEDs installed in the mirror housings so that it looks standard.
  2. https://www.skoda-parts.com/ This is the go to place for genuine parts. If you sign up for an account you can enter your vin and it will find the right parts for your car.
  3. Yeah they’re the brackets I got that didn’t fit! It’s not claiming to be an OEM copy. It’s very much an aftermarket universal kit. But I bought OEM brackets in the hope of using them as a mounting point for the aftermarket sensors so I could drill into the plastic of the bracket rather than the metal of the car. Managed to drill out the bracket from the kit to mount on one of the studs on the car so no drilling of car required.
  4. Yes. If it works mine will look the same.
  5. Yes of course. Difficult to judge tone through text. 😃 I took a judgement on cost and hassle vs reward and chose to try out a cheap option. If the brackets had fit, it would have meant I ended up with OEM brackets and lights and if I wanted to upgrade to OEM I would add radars and wiring loom. Chatted it through with @Cairus and seeing others who have done it I think the coding for OEM is beyond my remit. Next project is all OEM! 😉
  6. OEM led are 5v 2 wire. Ali express kit is 5v 2 wire. I’ve bought a spare set of plugs and will plug them in and see how it goes.
  7. Plan is to loosely fit the led that came with the kit near the a pillar inside. Then if it works well enough I’ll replace with led in the mirror housings for OEM look.
  8. You’re more than welcome to for your car. This is my project to pass the time as my hobby on my car. If it works great. If not then I haven’t wasted a lot of money. It’s a nice to have. All of it is reversible.
  9. Today I started the blind spot detection project. Trying out a basic AliExpress kit for £50 rather than OEM for £500. Bumper is a pain to remove thanks to two awkwardly angled torx screws under the wheel arch which requires the car jacked up to access. First problem after that was that the OEM radar brackets I bought from eBay to make mounting the radars easier didn’t fit. Turns out I had bought hatchback ones rather than estate so they didn’t fit! A bit of fettling and the brackets that came with the kit were made to fit, mounted onto one of the studs that holds the plastic trim on. All set to the correct angle. Cables routed into the car through a couple of grommets. Bumper back on and that’s the first step done.
  10. Today I started the blind spot detection project. Trying out a basic AliExpress kit for £50 rather than OEM for £500. Bumper is a pain to remove thanks to two awkwardly angled torx screws under the wheel arch which requires the car jacked up to access. First problem after that was that the OEM radar brackets I bought from eBay to make mounting the radars easier didn’t fit. Turns out I had bought hatchback ones rather than estate so they didn’t fit! A bit of fettling and the brackets that came with the kit were made to fit, mounted onto one of the studs that holds the plastic trim on. All set to the correct angle. Cables routed into the car through a couple of grommets. Bumper back on and that’s the first stage done.
  11. The front lip and rear spoiler really do make it along with it being lower. I’m edging closer to having nothing left to do on mine other than lowering… What’s the bhp change in this time?
  12. Just to close the loop on this. I changed front discs and pads and gave everything a really good clean and lube up and it’s been over 200 miles on the new brakes and everything is silky smooth.
  13. 000 979 034E https://a.aliexpress.com/_EuSbUUi 000979035E https://a.aliexpress.com/_Ex7gBue Then will install the Passat b8 led into the mirror caps as it saves £80 on buying pre-made ones. LED https://a.aliexpress.com/_EIdElNC Mirror caps (Without hole but I have a dremmel!) https://a.aliexpress.com/_EI3ItCA Pre-made mirror caps with led. https://a.aliexpress.com/_Ez8JPmw And this is the blind spot kit I have to avoid the coding and cabling and cost of OEM. https://a.aliexpress.com/_EyC34RY I also have OEM radar brackets and the mounting nuts so don’t have to drill into metal work. I will install blind spot kit first with its standard lights just tucked into the base of the A pillar and then if it works well I will buy the other parts to make it look OEM and remove the standard lights.
  14. Brilliant thanks. If I progress beyond proof of concept stage to install the lights I’ll order some terminals!
  15. Thanks According to chat gpt it’s: 000979034 and 000979035 I look forward to finding out if it right!
  16. Had a look this evening and that’s the wrong plug type. It’s 8K0972702 which you can also get repair pin out kits for. car side looks to be 8K0 972 701 which I can’t find pins for as yet. Any guidance gratefully received!
  17. Hi I am looking to retrofit aftermarket blind spot detection lights in the wing mirrors and researching how to get two wires out to the door. Many moons ago when adding speakers to the doors of my mk3 golf, I drilled a hole through both sides of the plug to create a hole to thread a cable through. I am keen to do things with a bit more finesse. There seems to be plenty of availability for the door side of the plug e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wiring-Harness-Replacement-1K0937702C-1K0959843C/dp/B0F7R9DHXW or even indivual wires with the pins on, but I cant seem to find anything for the car side of the plug. Or is the car side full of wires and I would just need to cut one that is unused currently to tap in to? Thanks
  18. Well if you’re going to remove the bilsteins before selling it I’ll have them! 😜
  19. That’s a shame as the cars are great. Bristos on the other hand, not so much!
  20. One of my rear parking sensors had started to corrode in the centre. I had a spare that came with the car when I bought it so swapped that over today. Managed to get to it by just loosening off the under tray and working by feel. Straight plug and play swap and all tested working. Kept the old one as a backup spare it still works.
  21. Unfortunately the great @ApertureS hasnt been active on the forums since a house move in 2024. A great Loss to the community as he was a treasure trove of information. His car is still mot’d and hasn’t changed hands so hopefully all is well With him and life has just moved on. I don’t have this fault per se but I do have the memory fault. What I’ve scanner do you have? I use carscanner app with the icar pro module and can code and do all sorts with it. It’s a great cheap tool. If you are preparing it for sale then your best best option might be to find a local VAG independent garage who can diagnose and fix it quickly for you. PS I don’t suppose you want to swap it for a 2016 2.0tdi?! 😂
  22. The bulbs are shaped to mimic xenon beam spread. And being in projector globes I think it limits this issue as it controls the reflection more. I’ve had the bulbs in over 6 months and not anyone flash me so I’m taking that as meaning that they are ok! If I get issues or it gets pulled up at MOT then of course I will Change back to xenon
  23. Search for adblue delete. Not sure where in the country you are but this was the first hit on google. Not a recommendation. Skoda AdBlue Delete | NOx Delete | SCR Delete | LeicesterSkoda Adblue Removal Specialist in Leicester. We offer custom Adblue / NOx / SCR Delete Services for Skoda Octavia, Fabia, Yeti, Rapid and others. P20EE, P20E8 When I bought mine it had already been done.
  24. Code it out and worry no more
  25. keeping them in. All the lights are now LED and without taking things apart there is no way of seeing, especially with the headlights inside the globes. MOT testers are not allowed to dismantle stuff to inspect things anway, so as long as they point in the right direction and are the right colour they won't know!

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.