Everything posted by Binx1310
-
How-to Guide to Upgrade MIB2 to MIB2.5
Right. After 15 minutes or so it did actually turn off with the car locked. And it booted back up to the same place so I think it will be safe to leave it. I think I’m going to call it a night and order another screen and get a refund on this one. Maybe there was a reason this one was so cheap…
-
How-to Guide to Upgrade MIB2 to MIB2.5
Done that. It boots back to the same place.
-
How-to Guide to Upgrade MIB2 to MIB2.5
I think it must be bad touchscreen. Contemplating ordering another from eBay. But now it won’t turn off! I’ve locked car and stood outside and the screen is still on and the fans still whirring. FFS why do I insist on fiddling!
-
How-to Guide to Upgrade MIB2 to MIB2.5
Hmm. While I was sat here contemplating my life choices. And about to pull the fuse to get it to retry. It went blank. And then rebooted. But back to the same screen. And I still can’t press skip. Bad touchscreen?
-
How-to Guide to Upgrade MIB2 to MIB2.5
Hmm I appear to be stuck. It’s on this screen with the new 9.2” screen plugged in but I press skip and nothing happens. Almost as it the touchscreen doesn’t work. I don’t know whether to turn it off or what! I’ve tried unplugging and replugging in the screen. Nothing. Any help? @Cairus ?
-
Wrong suspension springs -help
Umm. This statement is the answer. Wrong part number for the car, therefore don't fit!
-
How-to Guide to Upgrade MIB2 to MIB2.5
Well now I look dumb! Thats what I get for posting late at night from my phone! Thats good to know on the resale. I've got a few bits on eBay currently that are the spares from my upgrades but they don't seem to be selling, even though I have undercut all the breaker's prices! Will be listing the screen and the trim piece too.
-
How-to Guide to Upgrade MIB2 to MIB2.5
Looking at eBay items it looks like it’s part number dependant and the difference between std and high. Both 8 inch screens that look the same 3v0919606 - black plug - high https://ebay.io/m/mzqBAe Looks the same as 3v0919605a - blue plug - std https://ebay.io/m/YnuE5m So looks like mine will be black plug. I was just assuming by how the screen and buttons looked. Didn’t realise there were 2 different part numbers that looked the same from the front!
-
Shop Gone from Infotainment Menu
I saw a post on another thread saying that when the 0334 update completed the shop came back.
-
How-to Guide to Upgrade MIB2 to MIB2.5
Ok great thanks. Glad I’ve not bought an incorrect part!
-
How-to Guide to Upgrade MIB2 to MIB2.5
The screen is on its way. Looking at photos it looks to have a different plug. Assuming part numbers and looking at eBay listings it looks like my current 8” screen has the blue plug and the 9.2” has the black plug. I saw on a golf forum about shaving down a bit of the existing plug so it fits. Is that correct, It’s not listed in @JR RS guide.
-
Offered an OTA update today
Ah ok I didn’t realise.
-
Offered an OTA update today
True. I don’t have infotainment online so I do it manually. And there are a few local DAB stations I listen to that don’t seem to put out their logo so I add my own.
-
Offered an OTA update today
You can add those manually. If you find an image of what you want and put onto a stick plugged into the usb port or onto an sd card if you have a slot
-
Offered an OTA update today
Ours is still on 302. Got update notification just now and pressed update but nothing happened again. Checked an hour later and still on 302
-
How-to Guide to Upgrade MIB2 to MIB2.5
Thanks for the tip. I have various good quality SD cards but they are all micro ones that I use with an adaptor, it seems to have been ok for maps updates, but as this is crucial I am going to buy a new full size San Disk one from Amazon. I am the same thinking about it, 99% of the time I use Carplay and the steering wheel controls so I dont think I will notice it too much hopefully!
-
How-to Guide to Upgrade MIB2 to MIB2.5
Thanks. I really shouldn't look on ebay. Found a screen unit with a tiny scratch at an absolute bargain price.... so it looks like I'm going ahead with this after all!
-
How-to Guide to Upgrade MIB2 to MIB2.5
I am due a bonus next month and seriously considering this upgrade. For those that have changed how do you find not having physical buttons? Is the improvements to the screen worth it? My wife’s kodiaq has MIB3 and I’m less keen on the touchscreen buttons. It’s quite a big cost if I’m not going to like it!
-
Offered an OTA update today
Keep getting the update repeats on the wife’s kodiaq. Hopefully they will get a proper update soon too
-
Ottocast issues
The link for the exact one I got is dead but I think this is the newer version of it. https://a.aliexpress.com/_Ex5BdpG
-
Ottocast issues
I read on here before about updating the firmware on the ottocast to correct some issues. No idea how that’s done. My Ali express one connects within a few seconds and auto plays from where you left off. It’s been plugged in permanently for nearly a year and had no issues whatsoever.
-
Kodiaq memory seat coding?
I would guess you need someone with odis to ensure it’s got the right dataset. For control modules I’ve found trying to buy second hand one from as near identical vehicle as possible spec/ model wise is most likely to succeed.
-
What have you done to your Kodiaq today?
MOT today. 5 years old and 48,000 miles. No issues at all.
-
Ottocast issues
Hi. I have the cheapest one I could find on AliExpress and it has literally worked flawlessly since the day I got it. https://a.aliexpress.com/_Ex5BdpG
-
Lane assist coding with Car Scanner for Superb FL 2019
You should be able to check the individual bytes/bits in your long coding using car scanner based on the vcds info above.