Skip to content

NottsIan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NottsIan

  1. I suspect you may be right, either that or VAG will come clean and change the recommended replacement period
  2. Seems from anecdotal evidence as though VAG have fitted an improved cambelt to these engines which in theory has an extended lifetime. They therefore decided that there was no need for a simple cambelt change mechanism as it is no longer a periodic requirement. There's obviously still a potential need for a cambelt to be removed and changed when other work may be required on the engine. In the factory, when they build engines, they set the cambelt timing electronically so decided that a similar system could be used for the 'once in a blue moon' case where it needed to be done in the dealer network. Of course, the test kit to do this is expensive, its not a problem in manufacturing, they're doing hundreds of engines and its economic. Of course, the franchised dealers are now forced/obliged to have this expensive kit which, in theory, is hardly ever used. The dealers dont like this, so decide (with the manufacturer approval in some regions?) to continue to advise that cambelt changes are necessary and thus make a suitable return on their investment in the test kit. or am I just getting sceptical in my old ageπŸ˜€
  3. Why make a process so complicated when with a little thought they could have made it impossible! Looks like they've made it difficult to lock the camshafts and therefore it needs electronically checking and adjusting when the belt has been replaced
  4. as if they would πŸ™‚ I just think they are using the fact that it has ACT technology to attempt to rip off the customer for what is in effect no different to a normal cambelt change.
  5. I'll buy the possible extra stress requiring the change but I don't understand any extra labour. It's still just a DOHC engine as far as the cambelt change. You just need to lock both camshafts and crank in position and change the belt and tensioner. Where does the ACT affect this procedure ? https://www.vwgenuineparts.co.uk/vw_act_active_cylinder_technology_explained.shtml
  6. I think the theory is that, when trying to maintain a constant speed. on level or slightly downhill, the car decerates much slower with the clutches disengaged. So the small amount of fuel used in idle is less than would be used by constant throttle on off. That's the theory anyway...
  7. I believe MY21 DSG vehicles onwards 'coast' in NORMAL mode as well. Mine certainly does...
  8. NottsIan replied to paco's topic in Skoda Karoq
    I was sure this had been asked before and it wasnt possible, certainly the manual doesnt say it is. However, apparently it looks like it SHOULD be possible to accept using the rh rotating button
  9. NottsIan replied to paco's topic in Skoda Karoq
    I don't believe you can
  10. or the car battery not fully charged due to lack of use/short trips. To reduce emissions, charging systems these days do not charge at maximum rate, rather they target something like 80% state of charge for the battery and reduce alternator output accordingly. If used for short trips then the battery may not achieve full charge and the vehicle shuts down some systems like start/stop and keyless entry to conserve the battery. I used to have a Ford focus which regularly disabled keyless entry, only after a good long run would the battery be fully charged and keyless start working again. I dont know for sure but I would guess that the Skoda (and other VAG vehicles) system is very similar
  11. NottsIan replied to Alanphe's topic in Skoda Karoq
    The DQ200 is designed for applications up to 250Nm torque. That's probably a conservative limit but 340Nm sounds a bit much to ask of it ! edit : roottoot beat me to it
  12. NottsIan replied to Alanphe's topic in Skoda Karoq
    In the dry clutch dsg box, the clutch is separate from the gearbox (similar to a normal manual gearbox) so any particles due to clutch wear don't mix with the gearbox oil. As with a manual gearbox there's no requirement to change gearbox oil. In the wet clutch version, the clutch is in the same oil and so needs changing at regular intervals to ensure that any contamination from clutch wear doesnt cause gearbox wear.
  13. NottsIan replied to paco's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Nor here. None of my cars ever came with one as standard. I had to buy one a few years ago when I took my car to the Netherlands (via France & Belgium), I've transferred it to every car sinceπŸ˜€
  14. NottsIan replied to paco's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Certainly is, here's one in situ.
  15. I think the later keys ( MY2021 on) were slightly different and take a CR2032. Mine (Oct 21) certainly came fitted with a CR2032 and IIRC is marked inside as requiring a CR2032
  16. TBH I find that a right pain, is there any way to get the nav to go straight to maps ? Although, for any real trips I've given up on the Skoda Nav and use google maps via Android auto. I found the builtin nav unreliable and took some weird routes
  17. Mine is a KESSY key! and as I said the inside of the cover speciifes CR2032. The CR2032 certainly isnt a tight fit in my key
  18. Having opened the key on my MY21 ( Sep 21 build ) , it has a CR2032 battery and the inside of the cover is marked as CR2032. Seems like the later keys were designed for 2032. Hopefully the increased capacity of the 2032 means they may last a bit longer ...
  19. Doesn't climate control do that automatically if the outside temp is high ?
  20. AFAIK all that travel mode does is to cutoff the 'uptick' to the left on a rhd vehicle on the dipped headlights. So the lights present a flat beam.
  21. Have you checked the digital manual for your vehicle on the Skoda connect portal. That should be the exact manual for your vehicle. Mine ( a MY21 SEL ) certainly has ( according to the manual ) a 'Travel mode' setting for the lights
  22. I lasted a,whole two weeks before I replaced mine with Bosch ones😁
  23. NottsIan replied to paco's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Your keys have motion sensors which disable the key if its not moved for a while. So when the key is stationery in your house the method of 'reading' your key and relaying to the car won't work.
  24. You've likely got Auto Hold enabled. This automatically holds the brakes on when you stop.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions β†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.