Everything posted by NottsIan
-
Buying Skoda Karoq - (noob) questions
I'd like to think I'm quite competent at parking. I find the rear camera very useful, so much so that I'm not sure I would want to park a Karoq without it!
-
Traffic Sign Recognition
It seems like Traffic sign recognition is now standard on all 2024 models, probably down to EU regs!. As long as its not irrevocably linked to the speed limiter then that's ok. In my experience with a previous vehicle, its by no means flawless. My route into the office involved a set of traffic lights on a busy dual carriageway with a 40mph limit. The system would regularly detect a 20mph sign on a side access road as I accelerated away from the lights. If the TSR had been linked to the speed limiter I'm sure I would have ended up being rear ended!
-
Steering Wheel Icon
In my experience, any resemblence between the pictures posted by a garage and the actual car are purely coincidental!π
-
Steering Wheel Icon
According to the manual it switches between 'Travel Assist' and 'Adaptive Cruise control(ACC)' . So unless the vehicle has the option fitted it won't be there.
-
Running engine to stop Battery going flat, when vehicle is not used.
Might be worth looking at the Maypole range of chargers https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/page/9373D16E-B430-4421-A0A6-28F968CA5F3B?ingress=2&visitId=108ab252-6983-4728-8415-fd04dc77ed01&ref_=ast_bln . They're UK manfactured and seem to have a good reputation although I've not used one myself.
-
Can anyone recommend a garage that could replace a failed Karoq digital instrument panel
and if they did, it would cost nowhere near Β£2000. Manufacturers have decided that digital dash's are easier for them, they can use the same part across a wide range of vehicle. They then get them produced as cheap as possible and then have the gall to try and charge Β£2000 when it goes wrong. Maybe they should be brought to book and made to produce this stuff to a reasonable quality not 'down to a price'
-
Can anyone recommend a garage that could replace a failed Karoq digital instrument panel
I wonder if there's a case for a claim under the Consumer rights Act, as not of Satisfactory quality under the durability clause ? One would surely expect a digital dash system to last more than 5 years ? I'd have a chat with Citizens Advice...
-
Duplicated contacts from a synched phone
I vaguely recall having a similar problem with some duplicate contacts on a Ford Sync 3 system. I can't remember exactly what whas causing it but it MIGHT have been contacts either having a picture or possibly an email address.
-
Duplicated contacts from a synched phone
Is it ALL contacts ? If not , then a read of this https://together.jolla.com/question/45979/duplicate-phone-numbers-with-bluetooth-pbap/ might give a clue
-
Carplay, Bluetooth Audio, Built in SIM and Iphone 5G SIM
See this thread certainly Android auto does not use the built in sim data connection. However I have no details on Carplay
-
Coasting - what do people think ?
On earlier cars, coasting was only active in ECO mode, later cars e.g my 2021, coasting is active in all except Sport mode. Presumably this was done to fiddle (improve by a gnats) the WLTP figures in Normal mode
-
Skoda SIM required for wireless Apple CarPlay?
AA uses Bluetooth to establish a connection with the car but data is transmitted between the phone and car using wifi-direct. https://9to5google.com/2022/05/28/android-auto-bluetooth/
-
Skoda SIM required for wireless Apple CarPlay?
I don't believe so. I don't know about Carplay (not an Apple fan) but wireless Android auto works fine without any active sim. My free 12month infotainment subscription expired long ago but AA still works fine. AFAIK all it needs is the car wifi enabled, the phone then connects using wifi to the infotainment system to use the car display. I assume Carplay works in a similar way.
-
erWin Digital Service Schedule gone?
My understanding was that you can see the Overview of service entries BUT you can only view the Complete details of entries that have been made by the same userid that you are logged in as
-
Moving on - clearing infotainment, phone and contacts etc
I guess it disabled BST
-
Moving on - clearing infotainment, phone and contacts etc
Happy to be of help. Whilst I've not used the factory reset on my Karoq, I've used it on many other vehicles. When I was working, I had company leased vehicles so got used to the factory reset functionality when it was time to hand them back!
-
Moving on - clearing infotainment, phone and contacts etc
There should be a 'Restore factory settings' option in the main settings menu. That should clear everything....
-
1.5 Tsi Power Cutting Out
Has everyone here with the problem reported it to the DVSA and if so what was the response (if any) ? Seems that the only way to get this recognised is that route and rejections of new vehicles...
-
1.5 Tsi Power Cutting Out
logiclee, That sounds like an over-enthusiastic stop-start, which is not what others seem to be seeing. In your case , does the Stop/Start Icon illuminate in the display ? Also , try moving the steering wheel slightly and see if the engine starts. If its a stop-start initiated engine stop, then that will cause a restart.
-
1.5 Tsi Power Cutting Out
Not sure that would help. The problem seems to occur when the engine rpm drops below some threshold ( 700rpm? ), either by slowing in high gear or possibly moving away from stationary on low throttle. Under these conditions, since the engine is still rotating, one would expect the anti-stall to kick in and restart the engine once the clutch is depressed. This seems to be ineffective on the 1.5tsi and the engine control system just seems to 'put its hands in the air' and give up!. On the DSG version, it seems this can't happen, as the DSG will either change down or disenage the clutch to circumvent the rpm dropping below the limit.
-
How to remove Karoq rear light unit
Really ? I remember when I had an Audi, the bulb changing section in the handbook had one short paragraph of instructions , 'Take to your Audi dealer' π
-
1.5 Tsi Power Cutting Out
I did some tests and made observations on my DSG car yesterday. Its just about impossible to get the rpm to drop below the tickover 800rpm. Even if you select Manual mode in a high gear and then brake, the DSG will still change down before the revs drop below the 800 rpm. So in effect the DSG is pre-empting any anti-stall system that would appear to be faulty in the manual versions. This is my first DSG vehicle, previous ones have always been manual (albeit not VAG 1.5tsi) and whilst my driving style would have been similar to others, in slowing in a high gear, I have never had a problem with any of my vehicles stalling.
-
1.5 Tsi Power Cutting Out
Ok, bad choice of words, but it most certainly controls the speed at which the clutch engages fully, in order to avoid the revs dropping below the limit at which it would stall.
-
1.5 Tsi Power Cutting Out
An interesting theory from the troc forum referred to earlier https://www.trocforums.co.uk/threads/engine-cuts-out-when-drivingβ¦.3254/post-40535 That would explain why the problem doesnt affect DSG vehicles. They automatically shift down as you slow down and ultimately as you come to a stop, the clutch will disengage before the revs drop below any limit. Similarly, when starting off, the DSG will automatically slip the clutch to keep the revs up.
-
Removable items to check
I have a space saver but I still have the inflator and repair kit. Maybe it is because mine was a pre-reg and the dealer supplied and fitted the space saver kit.