Skip to content

Edela

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Edela

  1. Hello, I'm here to seek help regarding scheduled AC launch. While it was summer, AC was launching with no problems about 30 minutes before scheduled departure. Now, when it became cold, I would expect it to launch beforehand to heat the car. So it does, however, it does it only every other day, not consistently and I fail to figure out its logic. Car is always connected to a socket and is charging as it should, departure time is always the same and temperature outside the car is also pretty much the same, around +13°C. Yet, some days I come and car is warm, some days it is cold. Chances for it to be warm is pretty much 50/50. Any ideas what could be the reason behind the fact car doesn't warm up on some days? Anyone knows a solution to make it preheating consistently? PS. wouldn't be concerned about it too much, but app is complete trash and almost never works, so no way to preheat the car manually 😞
  2. Had this for a few days. Pulled the fuse 19 for a few minutes, it helped. Sometimes it may also loose connection for a second and two, causing a few other errors to pop up on the dashboard, though doesn't happen often.
  3. Oh, great! I would rather skip it for now. But anyway, my workshop told me they heard nothing about such update so far.
  4. OTA update or has to be done at workshop?
  5. Hi BritishBeef, I have the same issue with 2020 Octavia PHEV. When I had all possible errors (airbags, parking sensors, roadsign recognition, etc), dealer changed main entertainment module, as they described it. Then it got worse and after I came back, they applied another software update (it looks like international issue that dealers don't bother with software updates unless there are issues or you push on them), and most of the issues disappeared. But Travel Assist and Emergency Assist are still failing and giving errors, and the only answer I got from official Skoda workshop is that there is still no fix for that and they are waiting for update from Skoda. In the other topics on this forum you may see that other people have similar experience with Octavia. Funny enough, after Enyaqs were updated to ME3, software-wise they became very similar to Octavias and... they got the same issues with TA and EA failing.
  6. This is how I experience it. At random moments TA fails and, if it was engaged, it gets knocked out. But I may re-engage it right away and it will continue working until next failure. It is not common for it to fail for long time continuously, when yellow lights are staying lit on dashboard, however, it may happen, and then I couldn't engage it. 1896 as well. By the way, I'm getting sometimes OTA updates. There is never ever any info about what updates are including and whenever they are installed, the page with the list of updates (when checking in system info) stays blank. However, some changes happen. For example, once I got a feeling that my car had auto hold function when I was buying it, but it didn't work and I couldn't find it anywhere in the settings. When I realized that, I just shrugged and thought it is just another feature which disappeared after my dealer changed entertainment module and upgraded software after my first visit to a workshop. But recently, after another OTA update, auto hold just appeared and working fine like it is supposed to... Go figure what surprises I should expect with next updates.
  7. I have 2020 Octavia PHEV, same issues with Travel Assist and SOS failures. Errors are inconsistent, sometimes I don't have them for weeks and sometimes they pop up every other second. My dealer was trying to do something with no success. The other service a week ago told me straightforward that there is no fix for that and they are waiting for Skoda to come up with a software update to fix that. What I noticed, though, is that steering wheel heating indeed helps to get rid of these errors, as was mentioned on this forum previously. On today's drive I started having this errors again, and switching on and going through heating levels accompanied with error sounds (though nothing appeared on dashboard), but as soon as I switched off the heating, TA and SOS errors stopped popping up and I continued driving using TA with no issues.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.