Skip to content

Edela

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Edela

  1. There is no section for updates history. Only to see what is pending, if any update is downloaded but not installed yet. 1941 is the resent.
  2. That's weird. It should be 30 seconds or so.
  3. My Octavia always keeps 1% of charge and uses it whenever I accelerate. However, if there wasn't possibility to recuperate energy or recharge battery, I see that every next acceleration gets shorter and weaker boost from battery. I shall mention though that SW 1941 changed battery management and now recharging battery works a bit differently. For example, before I could got to battery settings and put it to "charge battery" mode, and car would start engine and charge battery even if it is parked. It was a nice way to heat engine in winter and make car defrost. Now it wouldn't start engine and charge battery unless I'm actually accelerating, it switches engine off again to coast or when car is standing. Though I have an impression that it charges battery more efficiently now. Can't really compare, but overall even with empty battery I have very decent mileage on freeways. Last winter made a round trip across Europe and even in Germany with speeds around 170 my total consumption was slightly above 6 liters. In fact, I don't see any point to charge battery before going on a long run on freeways, it drains in the first 100-150km and does not make any difference on a long run, just unnecessary expense to charge it. Though it helps a lot that on a hills car switches off engine and regens. I would love to have that, too. Sadly, it is not how it works in Octavia, even though this is how they've done in Enyaq. It is actually quite annoying that long hold of the right paddle is needed to switch back to auto. I figured that you may just continue driving normally and it will go back automatically after some 5 seconds.
  4. Living in Spain, never turn off AC, often leave it on while car is parked and locked for some 20-30 minutes while in a shop. Car is preheated or pre-cooled in the morning, which saves a lot of battery on the first trip. Many short trips within my town (hills and lots of speed bumps) gives me 35-38km on full charge. One long round trip to the city center (living in outskirts of Madrid, so combination of 100km/h roads on the way there and smaller city roads inside) gives 55-60km on full charge. I think numbers would be even better if it was flat here, but it is not quite. Also it does not depend on outside temp as long as it is +20. In winter, when temperatures are below 10°C, there is less range, but not that significantly unless I'd try to heat the car like a sauna.
  5. No luck with changing privacy setting? Just curious, as it helped me, though I had the same issue with 1941 not fixing reboots.
  6. If the issue is ongoing, then yes. Like issues with Travel Assist. But what if same issue reappears after some time? When guys in the workshop didn't realize I have warranty extension, they said that as they see it is not the first time I have issue with MIB, they will replace it for no cost, but I will have to pay for work hours done. And then, even if I have no warranty and I agree, after some time all repeats again and they ask to pay again? Unless I'm missing something big, EU doesn't really protect customers against bad cars or bad dealerships. I wish we could just reject the car as our colleagues from UK do.
  7. I doubt that. I have PHEV, it didn't help me that 13kWh battery was full when 12V battery was flat. Car was even plugged and programmed to start charging during the night. As technician explained me, controllers which are responsible to keep 12V battery charged and are charging it when car is plugged, they too are supplied by 12V battery. Why there is nothing to detect discharge of 12V battery and start charging it (from big battery or plug) is not quite understandable.
  8. Yes, same. But from what I managed to get from different employees of different services, Skoda has the same approach towards them as they are having towards customers. They have to strictly follow protocols, now matter how dumb or ineffective they are. This is why some people are being stuck in loops like mine, when workshops apply procedures, see that it doesn't help, repeat them again in exactly the same way, and so it continues till warranty is over. This is why for 30 minutes works cars are being held for days and weeks. This is why customer support is absolutely useless. And... this is why I would not repeat the mistake of buying a VAG car again. Great cars, but the way aftersales works is terrible and beyond acceptable. These guys are now complaining that they are loosing money and they might not even make it. Well, surprised pikachu, I guess...
  9. I'm sure many of us need. But who would like to pay for such upgrade? Definitely not Skoda
  10. By the way, guys. I guess here won't be many people with old SW to compare, but while my car was with 1668, the Skoda app was working much better. Less issues with connection to the car, everything was faster and car reacted on commands immediately. Since I'm on 1941, it is trash again and it barely works. Same as was on 1986. Anyone noticed the change?
  11. Have you tried to change privacy settings? One step back from unrestricted helped me as it seems for now. Would you share contacts how to contact Skoda factory? I'd like to chat with them. Any time I ask dealer to contact them, the only answer they give is that they can't do so unless car is there and connected to their tools 🤦‍♂️ And I have an impression that every time car is there, workshop staff just ignores whatever obesrvations I share with them. So I got stuck in constant "MIB replacement -> update -> wait till same issue" loop and they don't want to look anywhere else. Perhaps it is some communications module which triggers MIB, if just changing privacy (and thus connectivity) settings helps.
  12. Better let your dealer do it under warranty. They might take a week to do so, but at least you won't have any troubles with them later if something else needs to be done.
  13. Say no more! Got a call from dealer today that my car is ready. They said Skoda did some coding remotely and they also installed 1941. Of course they repeated 10 times that they tested the car extensively and all is working great. As usual after service, I got the car with maximum privacy mode switched on, so before leaving I set up everything as I used to have. Just some 10 seconds after I switch privacy mode to unrestricted, on-off loop began again Receptionist, when witnessed the problem, asked if I want to leave the car with them or I want to take it. I told them that, as usual, I will enjoy having a car for a couple of days and I'll bring it back.
  14. Brought it there on Monday 3rd and yes, complained that all issues stay the same and a bunch of new issues arrived, including issue with Travel Assist - steering wheel stopped sensing my hands on it unless I squeeze it very hard. Specifically complained that for the second time already they gave me car back with the oldest possible SW. The car is still there and they haven't provided even any initial info since then. Bothering importer's customer support every other day, but these guys are useless as well. "The Official Repair Service is in consultations directly with the manufacturer, so we expect them to have a solution in a relatively short time." is their response. Bla bla bla... Never ever thought I will spend 36k on a car just to bring it constantly to workshops and living without it.
  15. True. When I brought my car last time citing TPI, the guy on reception was veeeery curious. When I got back the new MIB with 1668 on it, I had both - same reboots and on/off loops as on 1986, and many other issues I hadn't before which come with the older SW.
  16. I'm sure that is the case... If something was retrofitted later, I doubt they'll do anything. Will be interesting to follow Mario_Delgado's case and see what they are going to do and for what price.
  17. 48S5 must be applied free of charge as it is a known issue and fix was released after warranty was already over for many affected cars.
  18. Didn't have this issue on 1986, it was remembering that I want it to be open on classic AC. Have this again on 1668. So I guess you might have an old software.
  19. I tend to agree with that. Mine was replaced twice, no result. Now my car is at workshop again, I insisted on them to install 1941 on top of whatever they intend to do. Will see in what condition I'll get the car back this time.
  20. That is my case as well. Even after they changed my MIB (MCU, Infotainment... I got lost already how to call that) for the second time, issue continued the very next day. Infotainment itself is draining battery. I have another visit to a workshop next week, but I have little hope 1941 will solve the issue. And these guys probably will change MIB for the 3rd time, which obviously won't help either. Meanwhile, warranty expires in 2 months, so I guess the only option left for me is to sue Skoda.
  21. Anyone could check if 1941 is compatible with older cars (2020) with H56? Asking here because my dealer is unresponsive again and I still don't know if they can install it for me...
  22. Since people were showing their software versions, I checked mine and it is VW as well, surprisingly.
  23. What I have to do to have such OTA update? While having this car, I had a dozen of updates coming, but non were affecting software version or anything visibly at all, except maybe shop and manuals. Thank you!
  24. That was the one following which they replaced MCU in my car. Did you download the document and could share it with us, by any chance?
  25. That is what I will try to do, thanks. My problem is that since I'm connecting to erwin from Spain, all the documents are in Spanish which I don't understand much, and it doesn't switch to other languages. It is not that easy to find anything there, but worth trying, of course.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.