Everything posted by Cedwing
-
Range Rover Velar D300 V6 to Superb L&K - Guidance, Advice and Opinions
I came from a Audi A4 estate into a L&K Petrol 4x4. It's comfortable and cavernous! I do hear some DCC noise over rough roads in town. Out on the motorway it is very quiet. But with it set to soft you dont feel the pot holes. I driven with a big load in teh boot and the engine handles it very well. On the cash front ask the dealer. I found some will find cash discount options that dont appear to be advertised!
-
Remote Park Assist - 2025 Model Year
Mine was built the 26th of November and had the new style wordmark on the steering wheel.
-
Remote Park Assist - 2025 Model Year
It only came in on the Model Year 2025. The other obvious change is the steering wheel. The steering wheel changed from round logo to the Skoda word mark at the same time. Also you can look at 10th character in the VIN - R = 2024 model year, S = 2025 model year. They started building MY 2025 soemtime at the end of November.
-
How to turn off speed camera announcements ??
If its the same as the Superb look for an App on the dash called Traffication. That has teh settings for speed camera announcements.
-
Online Services - No connection
It was ok again yesterday.
-
Online Services - No connection
Anyone else lost access to online Connect services today?
-
Order and delivery times for MK4 Superb
@cirrus5299 Last year I ordered a Superb in the UK 30th July and got the build date confirmed to me at the end of October stating the factory build would start last week of November. So in my case build date confirmed about 3 months after the order was placed. The actual delivery to me was a week later that the estimate I was given when I placed the order so cant complain.
-
Remote parking assist Superb Mk4
What I read elsewhere suggested the MY25 cars have new electronics that enabled the feature.
-
Software failure not so Superb
I had recently noticed the alert chime when the speed Iimit changes. I wasn’t sure if I just hadn’t noticed it before so it’s interesting to hear you also think it’s new.
- Has anyone experienced any malfunctions with their 2025 Skoda Superb?
-
Has anyone experienced any malfunctions with their 2025 Skoda Superb?
I have a model year 2025 picked up at the end of December. So far none of the critical issues other people have reported on earlier cars. I do have some minor issues: o Condensation in the front camera on some cold mornings. As a result the assistance features don’t work for about 10 minutes until the camera clears. o Door mirror auto dip sometimes fails to return to the normal position. You can use the controls to reset it. It happens every few weeks. Most of the time it’s fine. o Creaking noise from the B drivers door. Partly fixed by the dealer. It’s much quieter but still there. So the major issues seem to be fixed from my experience.
-
Lower Door Mirrors in Reverse
Mine Does he dip in reverse OK. But every now and then forgets to un dip after parking. The sequence seems to be: Reverse into a space. Mirror dips. Turn the engine off. Mirror folds. Come back to the car later. Unlock. Mirrors unfold with the mirror still dipped. Now the mirror is stuck until you adjust it with the control.
-
Free Gift
Got mine from Brockenhurst. Got to love a dealer with a cattle grid in the entrance.
-
Free Gift
I picked up my L&K estate in the last week of December. It came with a Skoda water bottle but no bear. Mine also got the steering wheeel with Skoda lettering rather than the round logo.
-
Can’t access privacy settings to add profile
Check the workshop didn’t leave it in service mode. Give them a call.
-
Key symbol in cup holder
It’s for when the battery in the key fob is dead. Use the metal key blade in the key fob to open the drivers door. Then place the fob on the symbol on the cup holder. Press the start button. It should be covered during handover as otherwise you could get stranded.
-
Mobile phone not charging
There is a rubber mat in the charging bay that is quite thick as it has the air duct for the cooling. Might be worth trying taking g that out.
-
2.0TSi 4x4 or 2.0tdi 4x4?
As with all VAG 4 cylinder 2l engines you can hear it when you accelerate hard. But cruising is quiet. I find the ride over poorly maintained local roads round here is noisy. I have the estate whichprobalyisntS well damped as the saloon. Also the tyre pressure is very high on the 265ps. I will experiment with the pressures forthe diesel some time.
-
Mobile phone not charging
Andy, Does the phone sit flat on the charging pad? The back of the phone needs to sit flat on the tray. If there is a gap it either won’t work or will charge slowly and get hot. Some phones work better if you put them in with the top of the phone to the rear of the car. Wireless charging relies on the charging coil in the car lining up with the pickup coil in the phone. Typically these are in the centre of devices but if they are not central one way up works better than the other. yes the new Samsungs support Qi 2.x but they still support the older standard so I don’t think it’s software.
-
Initial thoughts on new Superb Hatch
I seem to remember the roof lighting is tied to the dashboard brightness. The matrix auto lights on the new superb have been better than the ones on my old Audi.
-
Driving Modes
It's a cruiser not a sports car so relax and enjoy the ride.
-
Driving Modes
I believe driving modes are only available if the car is fitted with DCC adaptive dampers.
-
Tips for new Superb?
Congratulations I hope all goes well next week. My tip would be to spend some time looking at the custom short cut buttons and working out what functions to have. There are 3 sets: top and bottom of the screen and a pull down shade from the top. Each area has a different set of possible buttons. It took me a while to settle on what I needed. Once set up they make a big difference. You are correct that Google maps do not show on the virtual cockpit but the direction arrows for the next junction can show in the speedo dial if you configure the dial to show directions. For Apple Car play google maps doesn’t show directions but Apple Maps does.
-
No more auto hold on MK4?
Press and hold one of the icons on the quick menu to get to the editor.
-
2.0TSi 4x4 or 2.0tdi 4x4?
Round town and short motorway journeys I got an average 32 mpg in the first month. 39 on a long run from south coast to Wales so a mix of motorway and small welsh roads.