Skip to content

Robjon

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Robjon

  1. Good advice from Evolution13. I found the seat in my Roomster Scout comfortable, but I wished I had tried the seat in my Roomster SE before I bought it as it near crippled me. Similar story when I bought a Yeti. The demonstrator was a Monte Carlo in which I found the seat comfortable. But I find the seat in my Yeti SE far less comfortable. Lesson learnt, I will never buy another car without at least sitting in the exact model that I intend to purchase.
  2. These are easily removed and have been known to "fall off" while the vehicle is parked. I have glued mine into place to prevent further falling-off.
  3. I don't know if this will help but on one of my Roomsters (same setup), I had to sit in the back seat and shove it back with some force before the mechanism would allow me to lift the seat out. But that was only with the rear seats in their original positions.
  4. Wrap a nylon scouring pad around it and twist it out. If the scouring pad does not provide enough grip then you might have to revert to two combination pliers to get enough purchase to twist it out.
  5. A few years ago, a member reported water ingress via the joint between the top end of the tailgate strut and the bodywork. It might at least be worth checking that the mounting screws are tight.
  6. Hi Stanley and welcome to Briskoda. I remember experiencing the same 'sold right away' feeling when I took my first ever test drive in a Skoda. That was sixteen years ago and I've owned Skodas ever since. Enjoy yours
  7. Robjon replied to DavieB's topic in Hellos and Goodbyes
    Hi DavieB and welcome to Briskoda
  8. New

    Robjon replied to iain1961's topic in Hellos and Goodbyes
    Welcome back, Iain
  9. Hello Lo_Hi and welcome to Briskoda
  10. Hi Andy and welcome to the Forum
  11. Hi Andy and welcome to Briskoda
  12. This is the one I bought. Definitely money well spent. Alloy car wheel screw in quick alignment tool M14 x 1.5 Thread suitable for VW Volkswagen : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive
  13. Hi Richgeorge and welcome to the Forum
  14. Yes - but I cannot remember whether I was in my Scout or my SE. I was helping my niece to move home and had put something heavy on the passenger seat, possibly a microwave. I stopped the bong by fastening the seat belt around the microwave.
  15. Does this help? For Skoda Octavia 1999-2015 Yeti Car Parts Rear Air Conditioning Outlet Center Armrest Air Vent Assembly 1ZD 819 203 1ZD819203 - AliExpress 34
  16. I have a vague memory of a post in which someone asked if the clip completed the electrical circuit to the heating element in the mirror glass. It would be interesting to know if the heater in @oldstan's mirror still works.
  17. Found this picture in an old thread:
  18. Hi Pete, The parcel shelf gap is normal. Skoda used to sell a flexible plastic "thing" that bridged the gap but I considered it a Heath Robinson at best and an eyesore at worst. I used to cover the contents of the boot with a large black towel. Anyone looking through the tinted side windows sees only black in the gap between parcel shelf and rear seats. Sorry I can't help with the roof shades as mine were silent. But I have read on here of one owner who used a clothes peg (or similar) to hold the shades together. Good luck with the Roomster and I enjoy your thread. I consider my Roomster Scout the best car I have owned in more than fifty years of motoring and I still regret selling it.
  19. Hi Oldstan. This has just come up here: Door mirror components | Yeti Owners Club
  20. Two other long shots: Is there any possibility that the water you see is washer fluid? I have a vague recollection of a post by an owner who discovered rainwater was leaking past the mounts for the tailgate struts. Hope this helps.
  21. Me too! I've owned two Roomsters and consider my Roomster Scout the best car I have owned in more than fifty years of motoring.
  22. Easy peasy! Hope this helps. Plenty of other guides on YouTube.
  23. I have read elsewhere of this being 'cured' by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to allow everything to reset.
  24. Hi Paul. I had hoped to become a member of the club when I put a deposit on a Yeti Drive in 2017. I was immensely grateful to @Expatman for his assistance in my attempt to secure membership of the club but sadly, I ordered too late for this to be possible. I had the choice of a totally standard Yeti Drive or no Yeti at all. Merry Xmas to you and to the Forum. And like you, I hope to share Xmases with my Yeti for many more years to come.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.