Everything posted by unclerichy
-
Show us your towing rig
I run about 80kg (max is 90) on the hitch and there's usually an 80kg(ish) mobility scooter in the boot. Then just the two of us and luggage. My MkII estate sat lower with the same caravan and a 70kg hitch.
-
Battery removal for charging NOT changing
I doubt you'd need to recode (from what I've read) but once you've removed it how will you lock/unlock the car? I use a Ctek 3.8 charger on mine and leave the batter in situ. I have an extension that plugs between charger and crocodile clips so that I can leave the charger in the garage . The lead runs under the garage door then up to the car and squishes in a gap near the nearside headlamp.
-
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Fault
Yeah, this error also makes all 4 tyres go orange
-
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Fault
Most people will only have seen the general tyre pressure warning (which the button will reset). The OP and I are referring to a second warning which the manual suggests means imminent firey death.. (note the 'error' in front of the message)
-
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Fault
I have this now and again after changing tyre pressures (when setting up for towing/resetting after). Resetting the TPMS a couple more times and toggling the ignition sorts it. Nothing came up in the last service and no idea what the cause is and doesn't seem to have a detrimental affect on anything (apart from the bing noise).
-
DAB logo updating?
I used a USB stick earlier to add a station logo. Albeit on a 2016 car but that shouldn't make a difference.
-
Anyone know what Battery Voltage (EFB+) there should be?
And only an hour later it says it's charged even though final state is 12.07v. I think it's new battery time
-
Anyone know what Battery Voltage (EFB+) there should be?
Funnily enough mine warned me of low battery today when I went to update a DAB logo and had to turn the ignition on to turn on the radio. Voltage measured at battery was 11.7v so it's now on charge with my CTek charger.
-
Superb iV Dashcam Hardwire
Have a search on this forum as s number of us have hardwired cams. I think I used the blindspot detection fuse on mine. A bolt on the body functions as the earth point.
-
What were the original tyres?
My 16 plate came with P7s. Add me to the 'not again' list. I now have Vredestein Quatrac5 all seasons on and I'm very happy with them.
-
Wiper blades
Bosch a684s for front. A403h for hatchback rear. Confirmed on my 2016 car.
-
Option codes
This may sound daft but look under the rear bumper for a big hole with a towbar in it If I don't use mine for a while it can be a bit reluctant to swing down and needs a gentle pull to move it into position.
-
Merry Christmas Everyone !
No, that's just the cut of my trousers 😮
-
Merry Christmas Everyone !
There I was having a lovely day when you had to use the C word.
-
Dashcam hard wire kit recommendation
I've had no issues with two Nextbase kits. I think I pad about 15 quid per kit. Admittedly the USB connector isn't 90 degrees but the slope of the Superb screen means it's not a problem for me.
-
My Third MK3 Superb But The First Diesel
TL;DR. Has the remapped 272 gone then?
-
Park Assist - parallel parking
I've had the car from new and in over 4.5 years I've never used it. I do find the rear view camera very useful though.
-
Superb 280, improve none existent exhaust note?
Save yourself a few bob by just shouting brum! brum! as you accelerate
-
Hi all new member first Time owner skoda
These 272 folk are very much like Trump insisting that we stop counting 'cos 272 is enough to win 😁
-
Map update
Well that's Sod's Law - I updated mine to 202022 about 2 hours ago
-
Superb Estate Mk3 for Towing Caravan
I'm referring to the sport setting for the DCC suspension - it stiffens it up slightly which is handy when you have a caravan hanging off the back that wants to pitch up and down, especially on poor road surfaces. Ditto the steering as I find it quite light in the Superb. Otherwise I leave the driving mode as normal and just use the paddles if I want to drop a gear or two.
-
Superb Estate Mk3 for Towing Caravan
Stop messing about and just get a 280. Win the traffic light Grand Prix whilst towing a caravan? What's not to like Joking aside, they make great tow cars. One tip from me - having some weight in the boot if there's just the two of you helps with stability. I also have DCC on mine and the sport setting seems best for my outfit.