Skip to content

domhnall

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by domhnall

  1. https://youtu.be/va3qLlGc_6I
  2. Including the new Elroq https://youtu.be/va3qLlGc_6I
  3. I think the problem would be that by the time you put all the battery under the floor then you end up with something that looks like the Enyaq estate.
  4. sorry I forgot to check back here so didn't see this. I will send it in by email though
  5. I was invited by Skoda to join them on the weekend just gone. Some fascinating discussions, some things I cannot yet share, and lots of foootage to come, including testing the Elroq. I have seen the car without camouflage and it is really good - but they took our cameras away. More to follow but in the meantime.....https://youtu.be/GIfDVofcldE
  6. I got to test the Elroq and to see it without camouflage at the weekend in Mlada Boleslav. More to come soon on my youtube channel but in the meantime here is a taster
  7. I'm going to be in Mlada Boleslav in the next week for an Enyaq focused meeting and I am told there will be a chance to have a discussion with "Skoda management". Are there any Skoda EV related issues that I should raise?
  8. I owned an estate for 3 years, switched to a coupe in July, love it, no major diference other than if you pack the boot vertically in which case there's less space
  9. Ionity stranraer, instavolt at Bannatynes Ayr, lus BP ultra rapids at BP north of Ayr, lots more than there used to be on the A77
  10. I don't see why anyone would buy the explorer, just an enyaq/ ID4 in disguise with a smaller boot
  11. auto steering does all the hard work , plus what you can't see is my left hand on the bottom of the wheel
  12. In my 2 months so far yes I reckon it really is. I did a quick video to show how to get the best efficiency in day to day driving (A roads only for now). before @Ootohere promotes it for a change https://youtu.be/lFhOh1MAMWE
  13. No free electricity here, no sunshinebhere this weekend either though, plemty of windf and liquid sunshine though. Doesn't take much elecvtricity to make my sandwich at lunchtime anyway It would be handy for the central heating though as that uses more power than the car
  14. The edition models of new cars have it
  15. thanks for promoting my videos George 🙂 Three months later West End made me an offer I couldn't refuse and that car in the video is now mine. I do miss the HUD from my 60 but the power and efficiency in the new car are very impressive.
  16. @ColinD late to this post (sorry) but I can say that having owned a Tesla Model 3 it was plagued with faults both software and physical build, their customer service is abysmal. I switched to an Enyaq 60 in 2021 and now have an 85 Edition. WIthout a shadow of a doubt the best car I have ever owned. I have a friend who got anEV6 in 2021 at the same time I got my ENyaq. He's had a host of electrical problems and they are ongoing to this day. I have numerous friends who have had Teslas and not one has had a fault free experience. Some are fanboys and love the cars but none has been fault free. The Enyaq 85 is my 13th Skoda. The 60 had a broken droplink and the skoda badge projected by the puddle lights went wonky but that was it. And that was more faults than all my other Skodas combined.
  17. I think this is not the best decision. We never had the 50 in the UK, just the 60 and 80. Now they have decided to stop the 60 and bring us the 50. From what I can see it's a 52 kWh usable battery so you'relosing 6. My 60 averaged 3.6 m/kWh over 3 years so that meas just over 21 miles reduction in range. In real world driving I never ever got less than 180 miles and that's roughly 3 hours of driving in real world traffic conditions. I tend to take a break after 2 and a bit no matter whether i'm driving petrol,diesel or electric. I'venow got an85 edition because I got a great price to change and a deal on a pre registered car but for most people the 50 will work. Personally I think it's aimed at keeping the Enyaq below the expensive car supplement which will add £390 VED per year to the 85 from April 2025.
  18. the update is not chargeable, it's a recall programme they are running.
  19. domhnall replied to Poppi's topic in Hellos and Goodbyes
    Yetis are great - I had one from 2011 to 2014. Welcome aboard
  20. the front ones were on my 60 so the dealer swapped them to the new car, the rears I had to get new as the 85 has different sized wheels front and rear unfortunately.
  21. swapped my 2021 Enyaq 60 for an ex Demo 2024 Enyaq 85 Edition. Much more powerful, more efficient too in my couple of weeks with it so far
  22. the Skoda system is now very good, I can do pretty much all the things which until now I have used ABRP to do, specify what level of charge I am hap-py to arrive with, filter by networks that I might prefer, eg Ionity or only chargers that are ultra rapid etc. It's so good I am now cosnidering whether I actually need to use ABRP at all. Travel Assist is much better than Tesla's autopilot, nowhere near as irritating and I've had no issues at all with any of the assist systems (touch wood)
  23. no, the tesla only uses Tesla chargers for plannign so it is far from the best. In Northern Ireland for example it told me to divert 100 miles to a Tesla charger, but the return trip (200 miles) would have meant I was back at square 1. The Skoda system in my new Enyaq is much better

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.