Skip to content

domhnall

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by domhnall

  1. if you've not got one I will PM you
  2. out in a referral code now and you will still get transferred but they will give you Β£50 credit on yiur bill
  3. ah right, we're 100% electric house, heating is ASHP paying 29p peak and 7.5p off peak. For 7 months of the year we are 100% solar or off peak, the rest we are largely off peak. Today for example because I plugged the car in this morning we had off peak through to 11am which means I was able to refill the house battery and we're still runnng off that at 8.30 pm
  4. I pay 7.5p per kWh why are you paying so much?
  5. the thing to avoid os leaving your car at 100%, that's what sresses the battery and causes faster degradation. I'm at 27K miles and not seen any noricabel drop off in range
  6. https://www.motortrend.com/features/you-are-wrong-about-ev-fires/#:~:text=With an average of 16,in 1%2C300 chance of fire. if we're serious about tackling Vhecile fires then we probably need to eliminate the use of flammable liquids
  7. 10.2p per kWh here on thelast bill but it was down at 9p the month before. The joys of solar and home battery storage. We are all electric with an ASHP so usage goes up in the winter but it still costs less than gas used to cost us because of Intelligent Octopus
  8. pffft they took 3 months to process mine in 2020
  9. I don't think you can - it is locked down with security protections
  10. the loft looks really nice in real life, I have a lounge and really like it. Of those you've shown I would go with the grey one, it's a stunning looking colour
  11. domhnall replied to Stray's topic in Skoda Enyaq
    yes if you have the percentage on the dash you are on some 3.x variant. In the wild now we have everything from 3.0 to 3,5 on the very latest cars
  12. domhnall replied to Stray's topic in Skoda Enyaq
    you can be updated from 2.4 at the dealer. There is no charge. If you're already on 3.x then there's no dealer update offered
  13. 80 seems to be a lot less efficient than the 60, I tried an ID4 before the Enyaq, smaller boot and didn't like the interior at all. You can't see the heater controls in the dark for instance. No thanks
  14. domhnall replied to Stray's topic in Skoda Enyaq
    around town I get around 3.8 in winter and 4 to 5 in Summer on a long trip in winter again 3.5 is typiucal but in the summer around 4 is normal - heat pump 60
  15. the only thing I wouild say is consider whether a 60 would work for you. Even when driving my diesel VW the longest leg I did on a recent trip between here and Portsmouth was 190 miles (three and a half hours) . 190 miles is easy for a 60.The60 is also more efficient than the 80 it seems (lighter). Lots of good used exampoles out there now
  16. 0% loan from the government to buy it, government grant towards the charger, government funded charging network nationwide. Hard to see what more I could reasonably expect them to do. Biggest thing I wish they would do is change the regulatory regime so that they decouple electricity prices from coal and gas generation, that polus brexit and the Ukraine war have caused the prices to rise steadily fromthe start of 2021. That and changing the rules so they don't penalise power generation based on distance from London and sort out the grid connections to Motorway service areas.
  17. thanks. Have you seen the video where I had to go off script, late at night when they closed the A1 and I had to do an 80 mile diversion at the end of a 350 mile trip from Rugby back to Livingston? Guess what? I had zero issues πŸ™‚ If you do long distances then I agree it can be an issue but the lingest drive is my regular 350 mile trip Edinburgh to Milton Keynes. I don't even have the longer range Enyaq
  18. theree's a new sainsburys site near there that has (I think) 6 ultra rapids. At the same time as there were long queues at the services there was only one car at the sainsburys site if it helps for context on my return trip from France last weekend I queued 20 minutes for diesel in Birmingham
  19. I could have done the drive to Portsmouth (440 ish miles) just as easily in my Enyaq. Obviously I can't spend a 2 week family holiday in it or I would have been driving the Skoda not the VW
  20. domhnall replied to Stray's topic in Skoda Enyaq
    about 3.8
  21. the heat pump is great and makes the car very efficient. If you have leather I'd say the heated seats are a must. I also have the travel assist (auto steer) which is fab for long drives and I have the head up display which was just an extravagance but I love it. Reversing camera is a must I woudl say, they're quite big cars. @george thank you for your relentless prmotion of my youtube channel πŸ™‚
  22. Skoda quoted meΒ£299 for the basic service (pollen filter change and safety check). I got Cleevely to do a full service (strip and clean and lubricate brake calipers etc) for Β£216
  23. I just drove my VW camper to France and back. Filled up as we left and then again at Winchester before we boarded the ferry. it whoed 559 miles of range (in the end it did 380 miles) Had to stop at Penrith for a pee, then on the M6 for lunch, then for diesel at Winchester and then for dinner before we got to Portsmouth. 4 stops. Longest leg we did was 190 miles which took 3 hours 15 minutes. My conclusion was that I could have done all of this just as easily inmy 60 kWh Enyaq. took me 15 minutes to fill up at WInchester but then was at the restaurant for an hour for dinner - they had EV chargers too. Lunch was an hour and again there were chargers. On the return leg we queued 20 minutes for diesel in Birmingham. I hated the drive of the diesel. Averaging 4.5 m/kWh in the Enyaq this week, 16 degrees today
  24. You're all missing the point. EVs are much better to drive. Fossil cars are so rough and agricultural in comparison. I drove a brand new petrol Skoda recently - it was horribe compared with my Enyaq, felt like I was driving an old tractor. 🀨

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions β†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.