Skip to content

Rbz5416

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Rbz5416

  1. I'd be interested to know if anyone else is experiencing this: Since the 25.12 map update, I've been getting consistent errors with single carriageway NSL roads. They're either identified as 20 or 30 rather than 60 MPH, with the resulting bongs & flashing warnings. I'd hoped that the next map update would sort it, but 26.2 has arrived & still the same. This is on a '25 SEL Edition with Columbus. The odd thing is it only seems to happen when turning into an NSL road from a fixed speed limit. If a road transitions from fixed to NSL, the system correctly identifies that. Even weirder is in one example, I turn from a 40 MPH to NSL & it's identified as 30 MPH, turn again into another NSL & it's identified as 20 MPH. So in this instance there's no signs involved as the limit hasn't changed, which implies that it's duff map data. Unsurprisingly, emailing Skoda was as productive as if I'd asked the cat...
  2. Can't help further I'm afraid. Last time I changed a numberplate was 1997 & that was double sided tape... I'll check what's on mine in the morning if I remember. Edit Had to grab something out of the car so checked & they're plastic bolts.
  3. You can get coloured plastic bolts that are easily cut to size if necessary, eg: eBay UKNylon Plastic M6 Screw Fixings, Nut & Bolt, Car Number Pl...Nylon M6 Screw Fixings. Nylon plastic M6 screw fixings - new from manufacturer. Kit includes nuts and screws - the nut will be black for each colour option of screw available. Includes screw and nut.?
  4. Rbz5416 replied to Mattk53's topic in Skoda Karoq
    At the risk of sounding patronising, there are some videos on YouTube with tips using visual cues to help with parallel parking. Maybe take a look & find a quiet car park to practice in?
  5. Rbz5416 replied to Mattk53's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Maybe try Autotrader's search where you can add keywords? Autotrader is cheaper than Skoda's site for the same cars in any case. A quick Google found this, which seems to suggest it's around £750 fitted. But you'd need to check they can do later cars with the locked down software & also that it won't invalidate warranty.
  6. Rbz5416 replied to Mattk53's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Couldn't tell you when self-parking was introduced as a option, but it's referenced in the pre-facelift 2021 manual. So the option isn't new. It might be worth enquiring with one of the VAG retrofitters to see if it's viable to add to car not supplied with it.
  7. Rbz5416 replied to Mattk53's topic in Skoda Karoq
    All current Edition models have front & rear sensors & a rear camera. If you want the car to park itself you need the Parking Package Plus. No idea how many used vehicles are likely to have this option.
  8. I've driven autos since a Honda Accord Aerodeck in 1990 & would never choose a manual again. I was living in London at the time & the sheer number of gear changes just commuting to the office was ridiculous. I do do chuckle a little, in a good natured way, at claims that a manual box is essential to be "in control". I don't know if there are any statistics available but I'd be surprised if the vast majority of cars found upside down, wrapped around a lamp post or in a ditch weren't manuals. Might just be me, but I found the relaxed experience of moving to auto calmed my driving significantly. To the point where I wonder if they should be compulsory for new drivers? Final thought, F1 cars have managed without a clutch for 25 years & some teams ran a system that was fully automatic, until paddle shift was mandated. I wonder how much faster they would go if the driver was "in control" with a good old manual? 😉
  9. Don't think there's any rush as there's huge numbers of new cars in dealerships. Just need to be prepared to travel to find the right car at the best price. I paid a little less than you in June for one with a spacesaver & variable boot floor.
  10. Rbz5416 replied to JohnDS's topic in Skoda Karoq
    All I know of that's available to download as a PDF is the pre-facelift from 2021. There's a copy on my Google Drive if you want it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TphN15lCGKSCYZ16hwn31TsJe0qDRqUQ/view?usp=drive_link
  11. Rbz5416 replied to JohnDS's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Nothing, that's just the way it is. You can access the online version through the app, but that's not a lot of use if you find yourself needing to consult the manual when you have no signal. You can also access via the infotainment. There should have been a hard copy supplied with the car originally, albeit poor quality.
  12. I would imagine that H25 is Amundsen & H40 is Columbus. @Chris49 Your Satnav is showing June 2023 release. Not sure how that's possible on a '25 car? My '25 was on 25.12 & updated to 26.2 yesterday. I'd suggest an email to Skoda to query, although they're not much use. IME. [email protected]
  13. Over The Air, software delivered directly to the car via it's SIM.
  14. You should probably note that he's posting about an Octavia, no idea why in a Karoq forum. As I said previously, I've not seen any further reports of issues. But probably wise to only accept it when you have the time to run through the settings & resolve any changes/issues. Another VAG shortcoming IMO that there's no option to back up your settings to a USB drive. I've still not been offered it but @Frizzbee30 says there were no issues.
  15. Yes, several Absolute variants have no logo & a few more obscure stations. The missing Absolute logos seems odd given how long they've been around.
  16. @MartiniB v1.31.64 now available from Phonostar for MIB3. https://www.phonostar.de/download/vw/MQB3_JND_Europe_v1.31.64.zip
  17. I did notice some icons had been re-arranged on the menu yesterday but checking the software versions, nothing had changed.
  18. I think you may have missed that was a link explaining the phenomenon, not a question. 😉
  19. Not seen any further reports but not sure that means too much, given the way updates are drip fed to users. So it could mean that there are no further issues or simply that there's a pause in deploying it.
  20. What is torque steer?
  21. No, I've just seen it described as "major" & then owners having multiple settings changed & having difficulty logging back into the car as a user.
  22. Reports starting to surface on the Facebook groups of the latest OTA update being a bit of a mess, so might be an idea to defer it if offered.
  23. Not sure that's correct. There's a 215/60/16 available for 2WD without the variable boot floor option. So I would expect that the two foam surrounds would be different heights to match the different width wheels.
  24. No, tyre pressures aren't actually measured via sensors. The system simply uses the ABS sensors to measure wheel rotation, which changes if a tyre loses pressure. So I'm afraid you'll have to take this one on the chin.
  25. The problem with these wheels is that there's a nasty channel that the cheesegrater clips into, that fills with brake dust & is very difficult to clean. Hopefully less of an issue for you if the channel is also black. I also ordered 50mm caps from another Ebay supplier but they didn't fit as too small. Ordered another set from Amazon & they didn't fit either! But given how awful that channel looks with silver wheels, I've left the trims on.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.