What continental contisport contact tyres were on the mk1 Octavia vRS (2004)from new?

Need new tyres on the front, so I had this idea of using my never used spare and buying a new continental contisport contact.

Seems to be 2 versions of continental contisport contacts 2 & 3.

Anyone know which were on the vRS octavia from new ? 2 or 3 ?

I'm not being lazy, your probably thinking look in the boot you lazy sod, but my boot is full with my old exhaust and its raining.

Cheers

If you tell me which yours is i may be able to help out.I could have a tyre that has done maybe 100 miles that i may sell.I will have a look in couple of hours.

If your not to urgent i will brand it to RR @ Awesome.

If you tell me which yours is i may be able to help out.I could have a tyre that has done maybe 100 miles that i may sell.I will have a look in couple of hours.

If your not to urgent i will brand it to RR @ Awesome.

Once the rain has stopped I'll try and have a butchers.:thumbup:

Need new tyres on the front, so I had this idea of using my never used spare and buying a new continental contisport contact.

Seems to be 2 versions of continental contisport contacts 2 & 3.

Anyone know which were on the vRS octavia from new ? 2 or 3 ?

I'm not being lazy, your probably thinking look in the boot you lazy sod, but my boot is full with my old exhaust and its raining.

Cheers

Sport contacts (not 2 or 3) were fitted to my 2005 (54 plate) vRS. I've now got sport contact 2 on the front and sport contact on the back. Personally I prefer the look of the contacts rather than contact 2 - for some reason, the profile looks greater on the 2's (even though they're identical).

As stated, the originals are available, but if you went in to Kwik Fit, they're "superceeded Sir, can't get 'em"

Got 2 new tyres fitted today at the front. Not everyones choice of tyre but a massive upgrade to what I had and smack bang on the money I wanted to spend.

what did you get?

I got some Kumho Ecsta KH11's.

Its a wet day today and the improvement over my Marshalls is amazing. I did a bit of reading and they are a good wet/dry/price tyre.

The local garage fitted 2 for £150 which is resonable, but I said I'd be back next month for the rears and he said he would do them for a £100 fitted.

So not bad all round for £250.

I'm really impressed with them, but the previous were terrible. They got alot of good write ups searching the web.

• 5 months later...

Had 3 kumho ecsta KU31's fitted today after a puncture on the front on one of my KH11's and 2 rears not far of the limiters.

Just driving home they feel better than the 11's, but I'm told the 11's are not produced no more.

Not sure if I should change the odd 11 on the car to a 31, so they all match, but shouldn't matter as the odds are on the rear axle ?

• 2 months later...

sorry for bringing up an old thread, exactly the same as the original post, i am looking for a contisport (not 2 or 3)

as i have had a nail through a tyre, so am going to use the spare and put another one on, i want two tyres the same.

Anyone know if they still available and from where? i am trying but with not much luck.

Thanks

PS l love the fact the vRS came with a full alloy spare!

• 3 months later...

Amused to see that I'm not the first to have the idea of using the spare. I guess they're impossible to get now. The ContiSport 2 seems to be fairly good value and highly rated. Might get myself a set of those. Whilst we're on the topic.....did all the Mk1s come with a full sized alloy spare? Seems almost impossible to comprehend that they would these days, but it's what mine's got!

Amused to see that I'm not the first to have the idea of using the spare. I guess they're impossible to get now. The ContiSport 2 seems to be fairly good value and highly rated. Might get myself a set of those. Whilst we're on the topic.....did all the Mk1s come with a full sized alloy spare? Seems almost impossible to comprehend that they would these days, but it's what mine's got!

Yes mine came with full size alloy fitted with a contisport tyre. They arnt the cheapest of tyre but grip well in all conditions. As they are a softer mix of rubber i tend to wear them down quite quickly.

I bought another alloy wheel so i can change pairs of wheels with new tyres myself without running the risk of tyre fitters damaging my sills by jacking where it suited them.