AC/Circulation buttons confusion

hey guys here's a problem that has just occured today with my fabia

I turned the A/C on then I pressed the circulation button to get more effective cooling , the button light paused for a moment then turned on and then came the confusion

when I press the A/C button again the light turns off but the A/C keeps working , I tried to turn it off by pressing the circulation button and I succeeded after a number of trials , I pressed the circulation button again and the A/C started working !

did anyone countered this problem it is really annoying once I turn on the A/C I might not be able to turn it off , that is a real problem

what should I do ?

Do you mean when you tried turning off the A/C the button stayed lit or just that cold air blew out after you had turned it off??? If it's the 2nd of those then it's normal...... The air doesn't suddenly become less cold as soon as you turn the A/C off the same as it doesn't suddenly become colder as soon as you turn it on.

Cheers

Dave.

Do you mean when you tried turning off the A/C the button stayed lit or just that cold air blew out after you had turned it off??? If it's the 2nd of those then it's normal...... The air doesn't suddenly become less cold as soon as you turn the A/C off the same as it doesn't suddenly become colder as soon as you turn it on.

Cheers

Dave.

Seconded.

Sounds like nothing is wrong with it.

hey guys , I guess the buttons were making some kind of electric contact

the problem is fixed now by its own !

I hope it won`t happen again in the future

thank you

Not sure why you would want to turn the a/c off anyway?? It keeps the air dry which in turn is a safety feature in wet conditons as the car doesn't mist up (if the pollen filter is clean).

Funily enough, contray to other makes, I have never known VAG cars to suffer poor MPG with the a/c on, although all have been TDi models.

The Fabia TDi I just bought for my nan averaged 51mpg when i collected it yesterday, 45 miles of fast motorway/A- road with the A/C on..... as I got socked filling it up, and it just steamed up as soon as i turned A/C off. :)

The air conditioning system compressor uses power from the engine when in cooling mode which will affect the fuel consumption. So if you don't need it on, leave it off and reduce your fuel bill.

I dont doubt that, but over 90,000 miles / 3 years of keep precise fuel records on my old Leon TDi I never saw any difference in MPG weather I had a/c on or off, or in the winter when the temp was below 5 degrees and the a/c does not function anyway.

On the other hand, my Primera GT would drop 15% with it used.

This has been debated & covered numerous times on here....... The consensus seems to be that the air-con is running all the time, in a fashion, on the fabia so there isn't really any drop in MPG when you physically switch it on.... A quick search will bring up the debates. ;)

Cheers

Dave.

My first sentence above is a paraphrase of what it says in the Fabia Owner's Manual. And the manufacturer's quoted performace figures are measured without the vehicle being fitted with 'any equipment such as air conditioning... which affect the performance.' :(