Anyone Heard About This? Fabia vRS

I know that there is a lot of rumour of when and if they will produce another Fabia vRS but how’s this sound?

I was in WH Smith yesterday and was reading this mag and it said that Skoda were knocking the vRS diesel engine on the head because of the escalating diesel prices and dropping a petrol engine which produces 160+ bhp (Cannot remember the full details)

Has anyone heard about this before and what do you think the likelihood of this happening?

Thanks all!

search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search

I know that there is a lot of rumour of when and if they will produce another Fabia vRS but how’s this sound?

I was in WH Smith yesterday and was reading this mag and it said that Skoda were knocking the vRS diesel engine on the head because of the escalating diesel prices and dropping a petrol engine which produces 160+ bhp (Cannot remember the full details)

Has anyone heard about this before and what do you think the likelihood of this happening?

Thanks all!

So far they have given the Derv the heave ho (rediculous just to site the 'rising cost of Diesel seeing how the tax is alot cheaper but hay ho - I won't be buying a second one).

They are thinking of using the 1.4tsi and it can go up to 170bhp.

As the rest here say, try the search for more debate on it.

I think they will change their mind as they have 2 years to go and I think they will get some stick for it and also loose alot of sales.

HTH.

Skoda Sweden is trying to get a better price on the Fabia RS. The offered price from the factory is the same as for a Octavia Elegance 1.8TFSI and if they don´t sell it cheper we will not see Fabia II RS in Sweden.

How much is the octy elegance 1.8 then?

I think the new vRS will come out this month and it will be powered by the 6.0 L Mercedes-Benz V12 408 PS (300 kW/402 hp) engine (as previously found in the Pagani Zonda). I think the retail price will be somewhere between £3000 and £3001.

Personally I think it'll have an electric powertrain, energy stored in a hypercapacitor, 0-60 in 2 seconds, and it will only take 5 minutes to recharge it from a 5 amp socket.

In fact, it's not what I think, it's what I know - a mate of a mate of a mate who works for a Skoda dealer in Istanbul (or was it Constantinople?) has an internal Skoda document from Romania that totally lays it on the line.

Zoomin!

My understanding is that Skoda are delaying to perfect their new zero-point-energy powered drivetrain, which features a flux condensor in each wheelhub and a central neutron discombobulator concealed behind the glovebox. The thus-freed-up space in the engine bay will be used as part of a distributed courier system whereby each Fabia VRS will carry a parcel for some proportion of its journey, before dropping it into one of thousands of in-road parcel hoppers.

I think the new vRS will come out this month and it will be powered by the 6.0 L Mercedes-Benz V12 408 PS (300 kW/402 hp) engine (as previously found in the Pagani Zonda). I think the retail price will be somewhere between £3000 and £3001.

I think your information sources are wrong,

I have exclusive insider information that tells me that the legendary 2.0MPI will be returning in vRS format for the MKII Fabia, this time re-tuned from 115BHP to a massive 116BHP, expect to see bigger wheels, tyres and brakes to cope with the power:D

I heard that it will be out today and faster than a CTR.

But(theres always a but) won't be able to take a Mustang like a king (unless you have the upgraded tyre package).

It will come with blinkers which will obscure your view on how fast other cars are or wheather the driver is even trying to race you.

Oh yeah it will be fueled plenty of bull**** as well

I've heard from someone down the pub that Skoda had already released the vRS but forgot to tell anyone so no one bought it. Because no one bought it, Skoda decided no one wanted one so have discontinued it.

Apparently it used the same 4.2 V8 engine in the R8 but without 4 wheel drive, rear wheel drive only, to keep the weight and cost down.

:P