ring trip oct 23rd to oct 27th

oilburninnut

just letting anyone who wants tocome know that i'm having a budget ring trip between the above dates,leave on the night boat out of hull thursday night and return on the night boat back on monday night from Rotterdam,attacking the ring Friday evening,through till sunday then coming back.Accomodaion will be tents on the overflow carpark,and plenty of beer for the evening,i know i allready have a few interested but i thought i'd throw it open to the masses,you and your boys coming again pat? I think we need some more crazy Irish antics on this trip too:thumbup:

1. Oilburninnut

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As it sounds fairly flexible I'm going to have to leave it open until a month or so beforehand until I can contemplate it. :)
it is very flexible,i'm going and anyone who wants to come can,go on jason you know you want to:D

Will see - Can you legally camp there? :)

£36 for anti-social ferry on norfolkline too. If I do it I'd be more likely to get an early friday ferry over, and arrive at the ring mid afternoon - Then get a late sunday night one back - say 8pm from dunkerque so I can get home 2am ish.

Edited by devonutopia

Tents at the Ring in late Oct? Jeez, you must be keen.

Hmmm, it can get a bit chilly. :D I'd probably be happier to use center parcs again as October will be very cheap.

Just checked - 299 euros for 4 people, 3 nights. :cool: 529 euros for 8 people, 3 nights.

Plenty of hotels locally for not much money.......Hotel An Der Nordschleife at Breisdscheid in Adenau is cheap and nice. In fact in has a 6 bed room that's pennies each if booked.

45 euros a night at off-peak. Not too bad, but not as cheap as center parcs, but then it's a lot closer too. Other places on the Ben Lovejoy site have single rooms from 30 euros which is quite cheap. :)

There are lots of other hotels/pensions/b&bs in the area that are not on Bens site that are cheaper than 30€ a night. I have stayed just outside nurburg in Dottingen for €25 per night B&B.

I've stayed in all the hotels in Adenau and a few others locally and some not so locally. I much prefer Adenau (Blau Ecke) as it has a few places to eat and a decent pub.

A triple room at the Blau Ecke usually costs 100 euro per night IIRC.

there is also a fair chance of going and not getting a lap in due to weather at that time of year....

I been that late and later for the last 4 years and whilst there has been rain, I have managed numerous dry laps....................and without the huge numbers that frequent the warmer months.

.... Accomodaion will be tents on the overflow carpark,and plenty of beer for the evening,i know i allready have a few interested but i thought i'd throw it open to the masses...

Thanks Gary, but FFS I'm too old for tents man, but I'll mention it to the River Pants Crew.

...you and your boys coming again pat? I think we need some more crazy Irish antics on this trip too...

You want them in tents with alcohol, after the last time? You must have caught WTF they were infected with in May.

At least in a tent Mary won't be with us.....

After speaking with Gary at the Awesome meet, i'm up for this plus a few with me, but would love to know a round-about total cost for this, as money's a bit tight right now with my G/f's birthday in the OCtober :P

Total cost for Ferry/Ring/Hotel/Fuel?