ring trip oct 23rd to oct 27th

oilburninnut

Total cost for Ferry/Ring/Hotel/Fuel?

Based on the last trip:

Ferry about £40 - 45 return (varies depending on ferry time, time of year etc)

'Ring €135 per 8 laps (£100)

Cabins £75 pps for 3 nights

Fuel 3 to 4 tanks (depends on laps and biskness of progress - you won't get 50+ from a diesel on the track, more like 20's)

Food £25 - £30 per day

Booze/Other entertainment :eek: - up to yourself

Heat magazines are free.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total cost for Ferry/Ring/Hotel/Fuel?

Everything pretty much as mathepac said, unless you choose to get the overnight ferry from Hull which makes it a much more relaxing trip.. it's only about 4hrs 30mins from Rotterdam to Nurgburg if done at a steady pace. But the ferry does cost abit more... £260 for 2 people 1 car, as it's overnight you do get a cabin though.

This is the option I went for on the last 'Ring trip and if we can go in Oct then we'll be doing the same again. :)

Everything pretty much as mathepac said, unless you choose to get the overnight ferry from Hull which makes it a much more relaxing trip.. it's only about 4hrs 30mins from Rotterdam to Nurgburg if done at a steady pace. But the ferry does cost abit more... £260 for 2 people 1 car, as it's overnight you do get a cabin though.

This is the option I went for on the last 'Ring trip and if we can go in Oct then we'll be doing the same again. :)

yep for our three and 1 car its £300 for the ferry hull rotterdamm,i just can't be botheed with the long drive you will all have to sort your own ferrys out as you all did last time,i will book accomodation when i have firm numbers,i will then tae accomodation moneys and book it,then its a case of see you all there:thumbup:

We found getting the ferry in Hull much more relaxing... and for us it makes the 'Ring only a 230 mile trip. :D

I really want to go, but can't confirm just yet. :o

i just wish i'd done it lastr time,i was proper knackered when i got home.

plenty of time yet mate:thumbup:

A bit off topic, but still very much ring related............

YouTube - Nurburgring

me and some mates at the Ring in June....3 x M3, a CTR, VR6, 911, Saab and a Honda SP2.

I'm sure I've seen that CTR somewhere (not to mention the dodgy looking bearded owner) before :rubchin: ;)

just letting anyone who wants tocome know that i'm having a budget ring trip between the above dates,leave on the night boat out of hull thursday night and return on the night boat back on monday night from Rotterdam,attacking the ring Friday evening,through till sunday then coming back.Accomodaion will be tents on the overflow carpark,and plenty of beer for the evening,i know i allready have a few interested but i thought i'd throw it open to the masses,you and your boys coming again pat? I think we need some more crazy Irish antics on this trip too:thumbup:

1. Oilburninnut

Looking at those dates it would actually be a longer trip than the one back in May.. :P

there is also a fair chance of going and not getting a lap in due to weather at that time of year....

My best trip was probably on the weekend before Christmas last year it was minus 2*c and completely empty apart from me, a mate in an elise, a BMW 320i, and some nutter in an M3, oh and Vredistein where tyre testing.

It was so nice to be so empty, no need to worry about a million GT3s trying to get past me.

Anyway, you'll have fun in October. Wish I was going then but I think my next and last 'ring trip this year is going to be end of next month.

We normally use this place when we go over, Martin is a top guy and a complete petrol head having worked on several magazines.

Burgstube Nürburg - Hotel at the Nürburgring - +49 170 8080256

He may negotiate on rates in the low season and midweek, breakfast is included in his rates and a lot of the ring photographers stash their mopeds and gear there so it's a chance to ask in the morning whereabouts they may be.

We paid 30 Euro per night B&B midweek at the end of May, there's a nice little bar inside, free wi-fi and it's right up on the hill just below the castle.

Oppps forgot to add myself

1. Oilburninnut

2. Jonno

3. Southpaw (with a possible +1)

Double forgot to check what Lance said :o

5 hours :thumbdwn:

Alternative dates anyone ?

Edited by southpaw
didn't listen to Lance