Modification advice

some advice please :D Im looking to do some simple but effective performance mods that arent too harsh on the pocket.any suggestions? Ive just got my hands on forge DV, Injen CAI is on its way from ebay and im going to remap and chip asap but itd obviously be mre effective if ive purchased what i can afford engine wise first. maybe decat pipe? make much of a difference?

Recirculating valve only for these engines not Blow off, enclosed filters are better like the BMC CDA as they dont suffer from heat soak (real life driving not rolling road with bonnet up) exhaust recommend the like of Supersprint 2.5 " or Miltek as the best quality and proven gains on this engine , cat by- pass make no more gains than a quality sport cat but they do cost a lot less.

Get a re-mapp after these are done and 220+hp are obtainable.

miltek isn't the nest quality, decats do make a difference and change nothing but the remap for value modding as nothing else really makes much difference on the standard turbo.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Get your remap done first with a new panel filter... This makes a big... noticable difference!

:iagree: I remapped mine little over a week ago and it's like having a new car again. You've bought an injen so you probably dont want a panel filter upgrade/replacement but I will say my car feels better since losing the CAI and going for standard airbox/pipercross panel filter.

No point in going fast in a straight line if you can't go around corners ;)

Get the suspension mods done first........re map should be the last thing to do!

Yep I agree sort out the handling, rear ARB and maybe dropping car a tad on coilovers:thumbup:

Steve

No point in going fast in a straight line if you can't go around corners ;)

Get the suspension mods done first........re map should be the last thing to do!

I agree.

• 1 month later...