Whats different about this then?

Got me fooled; can't tell the difference at all and fail to see what all the fuss is about.

Is this the Emperor's new clothes? :rofl: :rofl:

Do you have Climatronic unit on your Octy or Climatic?

If you do have Climatronic, look at your dials and then look at the pictures. You'll se on VRStu's photo tiny chrome rings surrounding dials and OFF button in the middle. On my photos you'll see those plus more chrome rings surrounding each dial.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see awesome GTI offer some rather bling Alu dial options now.

Don't go for them. One friend of mine has installed them and they look cheap and horrible. I've conviced him to take them off. They spoil Octy's smart look.

Do you have Climatronic unit on your Octy or Climatic?

If you do have Climatronic, look at your dials and then look at the pictures. You'll se on VRStu's photo tiny chrome rings surrounding dials and OFF button in the middle. On my photos you'll see those plus more chrome rings surrounding each dial.

I have climatronic and I know the outer rings you have and are referring to; I have a set myself.

My problem is that I just cannot see any difference at all between the photo in VRStu's thread and his attachment; to me they are exactly the same photo.

What am I missing?

I have climatronic and I know the outer rings you have and are referring to; I have a set myself.

My problem is that I just cannot see any difference at all between the photo in VRStu's thread and his attachment; to me they are exactly the same photo.

What am I missing?

It's because they are.... :rolleyes:

Daft question. How easy would it be to change the climatic panel for the climatronic. Can't believe it would be too easy, but Stu has worked miracles before :)

Here's hoping.

Didn't think it could be that easy, just wishful thinking. Mind U, was up the Stealers today, and they got a nice 2.0 L TDI L&K on the forecourt. Was seriously tempted at £12k for a car with only 3.5k on the clock. Going back on Tuesday when they'll have a new Superb II in for peeps to look at. I feel a spending spree coming on.:mad:

Spurred on by this thread I've managed to fit mine, but with the chrome rims in addition. Looks really good imo :)

Not too difficult is it. :D

Hey Guys - jumping back in the thread. I like the look of the dual chrome dial rings Makefish. That's the look i'm aiming for veru nice indeeds chaps.

...so Mr McKelvie rightly asks - assuming we get the bits, can this all be done in situ?

Yeah as Stu says can all be done in situ although releasing the knobs from the car may be a little easier if you removed the complete unit but it really is not necessary. A bit fiddly but if I can do it then so can anyone :o. I reckon on allowing 15-20mins max :)

As a side note, I'm not sure now about having the two chrome rings together :rubchin: , will leave it a few days and see how I feel then.

On the Skoda unit - Remove the two half moons, with these removed you can gently lever off the outer kn0b to reveal the chrome coloured rings, these are then held in by 4 fragile small tabs inside which should be eased off.

On the VW unit - Remove the two half moons which will reveal the chrome coloured rings, again with 4 tabs, ease these off and then lever off the outer kn0b.

Climatronic neuwertig für VW Golf Jetta Touran ab 2005 on eBay, also Klima, Heizung Gebläse, Innenausstattung, Auto-Anbau- -Zubehörteile, Auto Motorrad Teile (end time 20-Jul-08 15:08:13 BST)

Cant beleive that nobody from Uk bid on this!!!!

I was second bidder and got it for 30.49 euro including postage.

Will post piccies when fitted, also with chrome rings and centre console chrome drink holder ring.

These are already fitted.