Skoda warranty does not wash - like the car

Skoda UK are a useless bunch of c*nts in my experience....:mad:

That's a bit harsh, is that the same dealer that took digital images and sent them to Skoda, arranged a quote for repair, I suspect from a Skoda APPROVED bodyshop and also arranged for a Skoda representative to inspect your car? If Skoda UK say NO, what else do you expect the dealer to do?

I've had a terrible time with them also... and I haven't even GOT the car yet! The dealer's great, but SUK's customer services haven't really got a clue! To be fair, they're probably told absolutely nothing and are just there as a front for the company. By comparison, my 1990 MkII golf G60 was only ever taken to one VW garage cos they had a few guys who actually knew the car from when they worked on that model brand new 20 odd years ago. Nowadays, nobody has any knowledge about motors: took it to VW Reading and they tried telling me my car didn't have ABS when it blatantly did! They had it for a day and couldn't find the plug in diagnostic sensor: took it to Barnett & Small VW and the head mechanic found it within 15 seconds! Also, a lot of bodyshops don't know how to panel beat as they're mostly told to cut and weld new panels in cos it's easier and lazier when panelbeating may look a lot better and be better for the car: dying arts & skills, you see!

Lack of knowledge is what is probably behind SUK's crappy customer services exactly the same as why I didn't trust my golf anywhere but Barnett & Small, now Martins of Farnham! Quick fix culture we now live in. They did get a few things I asked for eventually, but by God, it's generally a massive uphill struggle to get anything out of them!

I'm on my 3rd skoda atm and havent as yet been directly affected by a similar issue, but reading stuff like this makes me not want to buy another skoda just out of principle. Get your act together Skoda!

I think that's a bit harsh - within my extended circle of acquaintances I could probably dig up a story or two of unreasonable customer service for most car manufacturers.

I did have a similar experience with my SLX - one time when pressure-washing it, a big piece of chrome paint/rendering came off the front grille surround - about two inches long and the whole one inch or so high. I was shocked - not least because I thought the grille surround was actually metal!

The car was about two and a half years old t the time, but I took it into the late lamented Jackson/Motorland in Basingstoke, who replaced it under warranty without a blink of the eye. (Always had great service from Jacksons).

Yeah, dealers seem to be quite good on the whole, it's the mateys at customer services who generally give the impression of either knowing not a lot/not listening to what you're actually asking them or not having any authority to do anything of significance. It reminds me sometimes of a Viz character: Disinterested-16-year-old-shoe-shop-girl.

Bovvered!

Wish I had a £350-00 suit

I've got a shell suit that cost a few bob in the eighties.

I have one suit worth a little more than that (dont fit no more though) and HAD one which cost around £350 until the Mrs put it (yes, including the ******* jacket!) in the washing machine!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our Mildreds x3 has been in three times due to paint peeling off the parking sensors and making them not work. Apparently it's a known fault and BMW won't let the dealers spray them up now they are sent out ready colour coded. The paint finish of my skoda is a million times better than the bmw but at least they have acknowledged the problem

I now drive a fiat, and have had a garantee from their warrenty dept. that if any suspension bushes need replacing during the warrenty period, they will "of course" be replaced free of charge, without ducking out under the "wear and tear" lie, as skoda did (unlimited miles warrenty my ****) I've even had them replace a bonnet seal free, and I lost it! lol... what a difference......

skoda UK read these pages, its always good for them to see these things, they are loosing customers.

edit: welcome to briskoda :thumbup:

Fascinating!! This is the firtst thread that I recall about Skoda warranty problems, the Fiat Forum has then regularly ( my wife drives a Fiat!)

sorry for being OT it's interesting to note the initials of Skoda United Kingdom, "SUK" i wonder if it has anything to do with their service quality