TDi Fuel Cooler

Lofty86

Im just about to do this to my furby, and found this thread, so thought id post it up...

SEATCupra.net - Your #1 source for SEAT information - The Diesel Fuel Cooler Guide

If you are doing this, the pictures showing you where to split the pipe are slightly wrong. You will need to place your cooler in between the top fuel line on your engine and the centre take-off on the filter (round thing in the right of your engine bay).

HTH some people who like power, and I will post up my pictures after I'm done.

Dave

Edited by DGW
Minor typos

I got a 19 row cooler for £25 delivered, and a load of braded hose for next to nothing.

i reckon about 1.5/2hp on a hot day, for around £45 (mine is going in the arch, where the intercooler is, but it will cool better with the FMIC fitted and SMIC out the way).

HTH, Dave

I got a 19 row cooler for £25 delivered, and a load of braded hose for next to nothing. Dave

Where was that from, may i ask?

I have a 1.9TDi Pasat105 remapped to 145bhp (no other mods at all but would consider doing this mod at the right price for consistent summer performance)

>

There is one under the car yes, but it's not that efficient.

Mine is now fitted, bolted to the underside of the slam panel and well vented via the grille. Also gives me some more "engine bay bling" :rofl:

It was quite good as when leak testing you could feel it warming up a lot, even just on tickover. Hopefully it will do a good job for the future. :cool:

No pics yet. First people to see will be at TRAX tomorrow. :)

• 1 month later...

So If I get this right -the cooler under the driver side (almost under driver seat ) is a fuel cooler - not an oil cooler ?

So If I get this right -the cooler under the driver side (almost under driver seat ) is a fuel cooler - not an oil cooler ?

Once more back to Haynes - solly for ignorance - see that oil cooler is part of oil filter on TDI- and yes the fuel cooler is under the car .

If it is not that efficient in that location is it possible to just move it to the front of the car or is it just easier to buy a new one and start from there. 2 coolers are better than one sort of thing...

the one under the car is quite a side and would have thought if possible to be moved to vertically mounted it would be a large item for cooling...

The one under the car is cooling the fuel going back into the fuel tank.

This keeps the temperatures down and is partly requires as the car has a plastic fuel tank. Add to that you don't really want roasting hot fuel in the tank.

I'd say don't bother myself as nearly all the time during the year you're not going to benefit from it on a derv.

If you want to throw some money away I'd get the EGR, intercooler and associated pipework all cleaned out, a clean air filter and an oil change.

This will probably have more of an effect than a fuel cooler.

I probably should put up pics of my install of the seatcupra.net fuel cooler mod. :)

This is it fitted to the underside of the slam panel area. It sits nicely in there, at least when you have no aircon.... :D

DSCN2388.jpg

This is the "bigger picture" taken on a dyno day shortly after. You can see it in there sneaking out.

SL701437.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...