Polo GTI "Cup" Sideskirts

novaneil

Im trying to find some for my Fabia... But there like rocking horse ****!!! I've already searched on this site and all i've found is people saying there expensive from a main VW dealer. And it seems very few of you have got them on your Fabia's.

Does anyone know of any motor factors that sell them? or is there any replica versions out there?

Cheers

Neil

I have looked for these before but to no avail.

I think the fabia looks odd from the side without a skirt because the sill is high compared to the bumpers.

I want something plain and OEM, though I did look at these: EMB. SKODA FABIA BASIC 5P - Embaladeiras - Linextras : ptCommerce

But not sure on the quality or fixings. Let me know if you have any luck finding some.

I think I would like to see a set on before I parted with my cash tbh.

I'm not sure if they would look right, they look more aftermarket than the cup items imo.

Although the current high sills make it look more of a 4x4 than it is.

I suggest contacting these guys:

VAG Parts OE parts from the people who really know OE parts!

They can get almost anything for a bit less than dealers prices. I've used them before and they've been good. They will do special orders if you ask them nicely enough.

I believe the primed and unpainted skirts can be had for about £100, but they only sometimes come up on ebay at that price.

£300+ for the full kit unpainted (spoiler, skirts, front and rear valences - none of which would be any use to you).

Don't know what you would pay at a dealer - could try phoning round a few??

The VW side skirt part number is: 6Q0 071 685 9AX - that should be both skirts, primed only and in a kit that comes with glue.

Dxg (moderator on uk-polos as I used to have one - can you tell? ;) )

And these are the parts for the 9N2 GTI side skirts:

1. Screw x20 = £0.22+vat........VN 103 546 02

2. Strip x2 = £4.27+vat............V6Q0 853 543

3. Trim = £53.60+vat...........V6Q0 853 860 9B 9

........................................V6Q0 853 859 9B 9

4. Adaptor x4 = £2.98+vat........V6Q0 853 493 A

I don't think the "V" should be the start of those part numbers - it's normally just the three letter model code. I would try dealers without the V and add it of they claim not to be able to find the part.

Don't know what the difference between the various parts are, but I assume that all are required.

Note the difference in the two skirts for the handings, obviously.

(Personally, I don't think this skirt would look right on a Fabia, and I'm not sure that the "tail" bit at the end would fit against the Fabia's rear arches.)

Deek.

RSI....you got anymore pics of your motor?

K:)

My motor are not so exiting yet, but more will come!!

35864-328856.jpg

Soon Allard EGR replacement, BMC CDA airkit and costum made presurepips will be on!!

novaneil

Car looks great mate, but I think the skirts might be a little too low for a standard bodywork Fabia... Are they 18's or 19's out of interest?

18" weels whit 215X35X18 and i have 8mm spacer on eatch side, and lowerd the car 50/40mm ;)

//Andreas

Got an email back from vagparts saying that they can get the gti cup skirts in 3-4 days at a cost of £95 inc VAT and delivery.

So would just need to pay for painting and I'm not sure if the price includes the fitting kit. I'm guessing that it would.