Get KW's V3 set properly

countryboyhaha

• 2 weeks later...

BTW its a real pain in the hole to just change settings on these takes at least 40mins.

Also leave the back a little softer then the front! If the backs to hard the car will under-steer, to soft it will over-steer.

I have setting which I'm going to start with and more than likely stay with. Ill set them before I put them one the car. Don't see any problem doing this before there on.

Does anyone know different?

Edit I'm using Octavia Vrs! Settings.

Edited by countryboyhaha

I have setting which I'm going to start with and more than likely stay with. Ill set them before I put them one the car. Don't see any problem doing this before there on.

Does anyone know different?

Edit I'm using Octavia Vrs! Settings.

Hope they work for you. They are certainly a vast improvement from how they come out the box. That said, if you do have a play I'd like to hear what effect it makes. Enjoy!

I got this info from another member of the forum :thumbup:

Set all bump and rebound valves to standard possitions as shown in the KW manual then I found the following to work really well (its amazing how much difference 1 click makes, so any tweeking do gradually)

Front top (rebound)

3 clicks softer (half a Turn anti clock)

Rear top (rebound)

Just over half a turn softer (anti clock)

Front Bottom (Bump)

Quater turn softer

Rear Bottom (Bump)

1 click softer (quarter turn)

I found this not only increased grip dramatically but also made the ride much more comfortable - they are over damped as standard which made them terrible in the wet also.

Also leave the back a little softer then the front! If the backs to hard the car will under-steer, to soft it will over-steer.

I have never found that before! :confused:

Usually you make the front softer to dial out understeer, it will come to a point though where the tyres just wont gain any more grip! thats when you have to take away grip from the opposite end so in the case of understeer you stiffen the rear to give it more oversteer to compensate!