Why ruin your car?

d_milek

I bought a Fabia vRS and I have done absolutely nothing to it. This is because the car is very good. Colouring in the grille with a marker pen does not make it look better. Nor does cutting holes in the front and applying cheap wire mesh from B&Q. Why take something that is perfectly good and then try your best to make it look like a chav on acid has spent half a day with his deranged 'crew' making your car look 'sick' or 'hench' or even perhaps like a 'clungewagon'? I also dont understand why somebody should want to lower their car so that there is virtually no clearance between the tyres and the wheel-arch? To my mind, doing that makes your car pretty useless when driving over any terrain other than a perfectly smooth and level surface.

Edited by d_milek
spelling

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is a serious thread (which i'm doubting right at the very minute) then i'll reply with the usual answer.

Do you own a house? Assuming it wasnt new when you bought it have you re decorated? Why? Maybe because it wasnt quite to your taste and you wanted to make it a bit more 'you'.

Same as, we are all individuals with different tastes to Skoda.

I bought a Fabia vRS and I have done absolutely nothing to it. This is bacause the car is very good. Colouring in the grille with a marker pen does not make it look better. Nor does cutting holes in the front and applying cheap wire mesh from B&Q. Why take something that is perfectly good and then try your best to make it look like a chav on acid has spent half a day with his deranged 'crew' making your car look 'sick' or 'hench' or even perhaps like a 'clungewagon'? I also dont understand why somebody should want to lower their car so that there is virtually no clearance between the tyres and the wheel-arch? To my mind, doing that makes your car pretty useless when driving over any terrain other than a perfectly smooth and level surface.

Your talking cosmetics....

Get a remap, decent pannel filter, and a PD160 intake... the car still looks the same yet is the opposite of a 'crew' members 'sick' 'clungewagon' - i.e. a fairly effective sleeper....

Based on your opening post I think you'd be better suited to this site;

Barryboys.co.uk :: Forum

I bought a Fabia vRS and I have done absolutely nothing to it. This is bacause the car is very good. Colouring in the grille with a marker pen does not make it look better. Nor does cutting holes in the front and applying cheap wire mesh from B&Q. Why take something that is perfectly good and then try your best to make it look like a chav on acid has spent half a day with his deranged 'crew' making your car look 'sick' or 'hench' or even perhaps like a 'clungewagon'? I also dont understand why somebody should want to lower their car so that there is virtually no clearance between the tyres and the wheel-arch? To my mind, doing that makes your car pretty useless when driving over any terrain other than a perfectly smooth and level surface.

Are you my Dad? Or very closely related?

I don't know about anyone else, but, personally, I'd pay good money for a chav on acid and his deranged crew to turn my Furb into a Clungewagon.

I'd agree with what the OP said if I'd seen any specimens of Fabias on here that actually looked tacky. As yet I've not seen one.

Also I understand completely modifications such as the following, because to someone who didn't know the standard car, it would be impossible to tell that the car had been modified :)

- PD160

- Upgraded front wishbone bushes

- Rear anti roll bar

- 312mm brakes

it seems that the OP has successfully got the fabia posse's knickers in a twist! commendable.

OEM does, on occasion, rule. Why take such extreme exception to not modding a Fab? If you like a boring car, then why not keep the boring vibe?