Davey's vRS Project

daveyonthemove

Here is my Fab from day one to its current state.

Just 2 days after collection it was remapped by www.rapidremap.com

Day one in standard form (hours before collection):

FabiaVrs.jpg

The mods as they have happened:

FabiavRSDJ75.jpg

Red TDI lettering just because i had 15 miins spare one day.

03072008181.jpg

11092008188.jpg

Shark fin aerial fitted, also fitted Alpine 2 way front speakers and Sony Xplod headunit with built in Bluetooth (no pics yet)

Two things really bugged me about the car in standard form. Firstly its ride height, and secondly the wheels.

After looking at hundreds of wheels and not liking any, i decided to powder coat them anthracite.

Ride height also dropped aprox 30mm on Eibachs.

Before:

02072008173.jpg

After:

16072008208.jpg

18072008211.jpg

'Fabia' badge removed and rear lights tinted (they aren't as dark as the first pic makes you think):

11082008.jpg

15082008037.jpg

Next up was to sandblast and colour code that horrendous looking chrome grill surround. Front splitter also fitted.

Before:

03072008180.jpg

11092008190.jpg

29082008170.jpg

Finally i fitted new Discs and pads on the front.

EBC Discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads:

14092008203.jpg

14092008205.jpg

Some more mods to come in the near future, but for now thats everything covered :D

Edited by daveyonthemove

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha, i'm on most forums with decent Vag following, you should know that!

Will see you sometime wednesday morning Mike :thumbup:

ok mate, I have a few jobs booked in wednesday but just pop in and I will sort your jacket out for you or at least point you in the right direction :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Its been a long time coming, but a few minor mods have been done today, with some more touches to be made in the next few days.

Firstly i decided to fit a cup holder as the current one between the two front seats can be tricky to find when you need to put a drink down, so here is the new one installed:

DSC00095.jpg

DSC00096.jpg

Secondly i decided that the original vRS badges were looking a bit worse for wear, and i prefered the look of the New Octavia ones, so here is the front badge...

Before:

DSC00097.jpg

After:

DSC00098.jpg

And the rear badge...

Before:

DSC00099.jpg

After:

DSC00102.jpg

And finally (for today) but not least, the newest cosmetic addition to the car:

DSC00100.jpg

DSC00103.jpg

I will update in a couple of days :thumbup:

hiya mate, wickid looking motor. Your lights looks smart, I've done the same to mine, but without tinting the clear sections.

Whereabouts did you get that drink holder and was it easy to fit?

I got it from the main dealer (will get part number if you want) and it was easy to fit.

only need to remove a plastic trim, unscrew two torx screws that are covered by the blank button at the top, ad air con panel at the bottom (both pop off) and just unscrew the blank plastic trim, and insert the cup holder. Simples!

I can make a balls up even the simplest things trust me!! If you've got the part number that'd be fantastic, how much was it? and theoretically, could you fit two? One either side of the stereo?