any more modifications??

ok then folks, is there any realistic machanical modifications that you would like to see on a felicia that hasn't been done before??

i'm trying to think of stuff that i've seen/done on other cars but i can't think of anything worthwhile..

any ideas??

Xenons legally have to have some sort of self-levelling system attached to the suspension I believe. You can use brighter bulbs like Osram night breakers legally so long as they are e marked. On the subject of lights, how about some driving lights perhaps? A Stebel Nautilus air horn would be cool too and they're only £24 from halfords or motorworld.

One thing I've seen on another forum is a brace at the top of the two rear suspension turrets, but that obstructs the load area.

Most HID's have a start power of aprox 80w then settle to 35w using i think if i remember aprox 500v on start up, controlled by a separate control unit for each lamp. Legal wise you have to either have self leveling suspension or a leveling system based upon front and rer height.

Ie a load sensor on the rear axle to body and the same on the front axle ususally from lower arm to body. The system then compares the load from both sensors and works out how high the lamps should raised or lowered.

The other legal req. is a headlamp washer system either by high pressure jets or wiper washer over the focal point of the lens. Not just a quick job:( but well cool if you adapt another system.:cool::cool::cool:

As for a mod how about a raised short gearlever near the steering wheel using a quick shift system:thumbup:

there is a good one that the skyline boys do, thats to make up a brace to bolt between the two B pillers, that runs behind the front seats.

i don't think there will be enough space to do that because it's a 4 door

One thing I've seen on another forum is a brace at the top of the two rear suspension turrets, but that obstructs the load area.

yep sounds good to me, i'll start churning this over in my mind and see what i come up with

As for a mod how about a raised short gearlever near the steering wheel using a quick shift system:thumbup:

it will be too much work to make a quick shift system but i like the idea of a short shift on the standard gear lever

Or how about some sort of adjusable suspension from soft/town mode to sports settings:)

already done that:)

what i though of was a tuned exhaust to maximize tork and hp, an replacement carb to get more power maybe a multiple carb confi (two of the same felicia carbs) or a ram air system for the fuel injected model or a small turbo, also lighter components or even an increase in compresion ratio (that would be easy), stiffer sawy bar on the front with a good coil over system to reduce ride height and tweak suspencion, change the back brakes to disk and to fit 5 nuts wheels (like the fabia) to tweak the brake disk (holes lines etc..) for better braking/cooling or if posible to change the gear ratio or even ad a 6th gear (like the golf mk2 you could buy), let me tell you, a turbo fely with enhance suspencion and brakes would rule big time, since is so light it could kill the competition

what i though of was a tuned exhaust to maximize tork and hp, an replacement carb to get more power maybe a multiple carb confi (two of the same felicia carbs) or a ram air system for the fuel injected model or a small turbo, also lighter components or even an increase in compresion ratio (that would be easy), stiffer sawy bar on the front with a good coil over system to reduce ride height and tweak suspencion, change the back brakes to disk and to fit 5 nuts wheels (like the fabia) to tweak the brake disk (holes lines etc..) for better braking/cooling or if posible to change the gear ratio or even ad a 6th gear (like the golf mk2 you could buy), let me tell you, a turbo fely with enhance suspencion and brakes would rule big time, since is so light it could kill the competition

lol, all but the turbo teflon has already done

hi Tom

may be you could look for replacing 4 stud wheel hubs with 5 stud ?

front ones, not easy, lots of custom parts, the 5 stud hub won't fit inside the felicia wheel bearing...

rear ones.... easy:)

also, it's pointless

• 6 years later...

Is there a solution out there for an uprated Rear ARB?

I also like the rear strut brace idea, something that bolts through the rear suspension turrets should do? In fact with a bit of measuring there's probably something on the market that could be easily adapted/applied...

Is there a solution out there for an uprated Rear ARB?

I also like the rear strut brace idea, something that bolts through the rear suspension turrets should do? In fact with a bit of measuring there's probably something on the market that could be easily adapted/applied...

I have a mitsubishi l200 anti roll bar im going to fit on the rear of my felicia, ive mocked it up and its a good fit, needs abit cutting off it, i think its like 26mm diameter, so should work well with the 22mm front one. (Going off mk2 golf eibach anti roll bars 22mm front 25mm rear)

Look in Kens favorit project he has a rear strut brace fitted.