What tyres?

joeybig01

I can't say a single word against the F1s I had - save for the steap price, but you do get quality. After some average Falkens, I've opted for some T1-Rs. They're only ~800 miles old, but they feel good.

Not sure you can go wrong with any of the tyres mentioned, really.

I have the F1's, and they are good, I've also had the p'nero's (on my vRS) and they are good too, haven't tried the toyo's most people rate them, but some say they can be tricky in greasy conditions (where the F1's excell)

just my thoughts ;)

edit:wouldn't touch falkens with a bardge pole (512's anyway) I took 'em off the GPS, as they were downright dangerous......

pretty new to this forum, and sorry to be blunt, but some of the tyres your talking about are nothing more than 'marketing' performance tyres, falkens are cheap, the tread might look good but they are not much better than your cheap asian no name tyres

Toyos are pretty good but not up their with the best, most people think they are better than they actually are

IMO, you cant beat Michelin, the tread might not be v groove and fancy, but they stick like nothing else, also, they keep that grip right until they need taking off, some tyres tend to lose a lot of their grip half way through their life

i have had t1s, eagle F1s, continental sport contact 2s, and the p'nero.

as far ias i am concerned the eagle F1s are by far the best, amazing in wet, better in the dry and dont lose grip towards end of the life. they also last a long time (with some care).

the only tyre i have found that is slightly better in some areas (like tyre wall wastage) and worse in some (like wet grip) are the bridgestone potenzas.

but its up 2 u wot u do, it depends on wot driver u r and wot ur average drive consists of (wet, dry, motorway, back roads).

all rounder eagle F1s.

there is my 2 pence worth :D

pretty new to this forum, and sorry to be blunt, but some of the tyres your talking about are nothing more than 'marketing' performance tyres, falkens are cheap, the tread might look good but they are not much better than your cheap asian no name tyres

Toyos are pretty good but not up their with the best, most people think they are better than they actually are

IMO, you cant beat Michelin, the tread might not be v groove and fancy, but they stick like nothing else, also, they keep that grip right until they need taking off, some tyres tend to lose a lot of their grip half way through their life

I have had completely the opposite experiance with these "performance" tyres and that includes heavy track use and many years of high mileage.

None of the Michelins I have ever used have ever justified their price tag being pretty poor at most things, I have even had to change early because they were so bad in some cases. It was one of the main reasons I got rid of the company car as the insisted in wasting money fitting them. The Falkens have been found by many on here to be a good comprimise between price and performance and I will probably be trying the new 912's next as they are a good price with some good initial feedback.

My Toyos (Several sets now) were brilliant in most aspects and did 18k on my fabia and 3 rather heavy track sessions where they were progressive, tight and predictable. They were £60 fitted and for thatyou can't co wrong (Cheaper than I can get Falkens for). The F1's I currently have on the Roomster did 17k on the Fabia and have now done 9k on the Roomy, they are crap in the cold/snow but great at all other times.

Edited by Decron

Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 - the best fuel economy, very hard wearing, but still great grip wet or dry. Yes, they are very expensive, but they're great. Also, if you have access to Costco, they can be had for less than the Goodyears.

I've had the Toyo's on for just over a week and at about 350miles now.

Starting to feel really grippy in both wet & dry conditions now that they're scrubbed in.

Steering feel/feedback is much sharper.

Economy has increased.

But they're noisier that the Bridgestone at speed

Edited by mikeSM56

Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 - the best fuel economy, very hard wearing, but still great grip wet or dry. Yes, they are very expensive, but they're great. Also, if you have access to Costco, they can be had for less than the Goodyears.

as above, these are my tyre of choice on the Clio, and their isnt much my 15yr old car cant upset around bends

Just fitted F1 GSD3's all round. Happy with them so far, though only done ~300miles. Shows up flaws in the handling/suspension! Alot of people seem to go for the F1 assymetrics now - they're better grip but at expense of tyre life. These or Toyo's were the advice when I asked around.

Seconded as above, just clocked 1200 miles on mine (first set of 4 replacements since new) and they've settled in nicely. Couple of long motorway trips (around 700 miles) and the balance mixed town/country.

Excellent at speed but they can be touch noisy on some uneven surfaces at lower speeds around town, I can live with that though.

Expensive but worth every penny in my opinion.

I had the T1R on mine they are rearly good tyres dont loose grip during there life at all and mine are right down almost slick when i changed them there not bad in the wet the uniroyal rainsports are the best in the wet by far but they are wet tyres so they are gona be better.

I have gone for toyo proxes 4 this time supposed to be slightly harder but just as grippy which is what i need as my T1R's only lasted 4 months oops

The toyo t1r's are the best general purpose type tyre end of. I have gone through 4 sets of tyres in the past 18 months and the only thing that upset the toyo's was silverstone when the track was greasy in the dry they have no equall unless you go down the road legal track day tyre route, then you want toyo r888's if you are on a budget or the michelin cup tyres whose correct name escapes me at the moment if you have no budget