Alex's Fabia vRS Estate Project

ninja_alex

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for all the credit, has been a good project, needs it few final touches but n my opinion is a really different looking Fabia now. Stands out from the crowd without being ott.

Back from Jabba now, full 4 wheel alignment and custom remap. Did not make massive power, 186BHP but torque was what I was after, 456NM after it had been backed off due to dual mass vibration. Water/methanol needs some alteration in pressures/nozzles but made a good difference at higher rpm's. Car feels massively quick now when you can put the power down!! Looking foward to a dry day to really try the lower gears out!

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

Great job, looks like a real sleeper, and space in the back for a couple of dogs ;)

Are the bits you had shipped from Czech genuine skoda parts?

Thanks Ross, Still doing some finishing touches, today it had an oil and filter change with some fully synthetic oil,as I have now done a few miles with the methanol and so it has cleaned the inside of the engine nicely! Also fitted the undertray

Also, hoping to get a leather interior next week from another Fabia. Other than that, I have wired in the mirrors today and fitted the door cards.

Alex

Cool, i'm just about ready to slide the engine in now i've plumbed in the ESP.

Speaking of sliding the engine in, am I right in thinking the mounts are the same for the TDI and vRS engines? I am surprised how well mine are holding up (I used the original pd100 mounts, fitted to the new engine)

Teehee! Another? :D I'm not sure there is the market for another mongrel estate. I know I could never really sell my car should I decide to. :) But as a repair project, it could be viable, especially if you can make use of bits off the other vRS that donated it's gubbins to your estate project. :cool:

Well done mate, wish i had the ******, know how, money and time to do a project myself. We only upgraded to the Octy II due to the small Fabia vRS bootspace and stupidly big pushchairs so an estate version would have been quality.

I say do another :thumbup:

Not mega keen on the colour combo Alex; would have the colours the other way round (black outers and grey centres).

But that's what makes this your car, not mine :D

Steve

Not sure on timescales, Ross is putting as much effort in as possible though :) He has family, full time job and Unit18 jobs to do as well, first priority is to get her running as I'm without a car at the moment which makes it a little interesting :)