Red Coolant Warning Light BEEP BEEP BEEP!

iamrcb

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is cursed !

This is weird as BEEEEEP ! cos I read this post yesterday and thought oooh how strange and never seen that before.

Low and behold 2 hours later got into my car with the engine stone cold, started it and the exact thing happend to me.

Cursed I tell you, cursed. Well its almost halloween lol

This is cursed and a year on from your post its happened to me after reading it last night. I will top it up later and hopefully the light will go out ;)

The coolant light came on mine this morning

Its never done it before but I'm currently away from home and the road im parking on is on a bit of a slope

When the engine got warm and the coolant expanded the light went off so I think all it needs is a little top up

Will I need to book myself in at Skoda to do this job?? Or will I simply be able to purchase the part and have my local garage do the job???

You should be able to do it just a few pipes a very easy job to do.

I had this problem on my cupra R last year i just scraped the prongs clean with a screwdriver in the expansion tank and it went away and has not come back to this day!!:thumbup:

IF YOU CAN SEE THE PRONGS, then a quick scrape is all that's required - trouble is that on our two Fabias (can't speak for any others), there's some sort of baffle arrangement that means you can't actually get inside the tank. FWIW, the alternative part my local SEAT dealer suggested didn't have anything like this, but the stubs for the hoses were 90 degrees out from where they needed to be...

I note that Eurocarparts for one have sold out of Fabia expansion tanks! :rolleyes: Assuming you can get the part, it's a case of draining enough coolant to empty the tank, then unclipping the hoses and sensor wiring, taking the tank off the car, putting the new one on, putting the hoses and wires back in, and topping up with coolant. Provided you haven't drained more than the minimum amount of coolant, you shouldn't even need to purge the system... :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, first time user of these forums as I've just bought an 02 Fabia 1.4 Classic yesterday! Had this issue a couple of times already - last night after a cinema trip when it was very cold and this morning on first start up. No other problems (such as overheating) and the car still drives fine.

I checked the coolant tank level this morning, after starting the car and the engine running for about 1 minute, and the coolant level seemed slightly over the MAX line. Could this cause the problem, or would that just be the coolant expanding even after the short engine use?

Mine came on this pm - the coolant tank has a final "click" on it as you tighten it - I suspect that at its last stealer service they just tightened it and didn't rotate the cap sufficiently. Topped it up and turned it till it was locked.

• 2 weeks later...
Mine came on this pm - the coolant tank has a final "click" on it as you tighten it - I suspect that at its last stealer service they just tightened it and didn't rotate the cap sufficiently. Topped it up and turned it till it was locked.

Is there a separate loose rubber seal on the expansion bottle cap or does it just rely on the thread fit and labyrinth profile on the underside of the plastic cap moulding?

Just had my cambelt & water pump changed and noticed it needed topping up, but couldn't remember if there was a seal in the cap before the work was done. Traces of coolant on bottle after it got hot but maybe slightly overfilled.

Either way there's no seal on the cap now, even if there was before!!

• 11 months later...

]

As I said 1J0 121 403B that is the part number

Sarah

WARNING - WRONG PART NUMBER !!!

The correct number appears to be 6Q0 121 407 A - at least that's the number on my actual car...

Hi Guys,

As a total dunce about cars some advice is needed. The lovely red light has flashed and on checking the coolant level is below minimum with the engine cold and needs to be topped up. I can manage the walk to Halfords, (my distant Skoda dealer is out of range and closed as it is Sunday) to get something but I'm not sure whether I should top up with Halfords Ready Mixed Anti Freeze & Coolant or see if I can limp the car to Skoda dealer on Monday.

Musotech

06 Fabia Estate 1.9 TDI

The lovely red light has flashed and on checking the coolant level is below minimum with the engine cold and needs to be topped up. I can manage the walk to Halfords, (my distant Skoda dealer is out of range and closed as it is Sunday) to get something but I'm not sure whether I should top up with Halfords Ready Mixed Anti Freeze & Coolant or see if I can limp the car to Skoda dealer on Monday.

Check out this topic

Glad I found this post! Just had a panic when I went to my car for the first time today and the light/beeb came on. I checked the fluid levels and they appear to be fine. If it's leaking are there any signs? Can I check the sensor, where abouts is it? Should I check anything else before taking it in to a stealer? It does come on every time I start the car so just overly cautious!!