Allard- Have they gone bust?

cav

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jabba... Ill be interested in one.

On the condition its got the right angle, and a lip to stop the pipe blowing off.

Also, will the 90 bend point the same way as the stock pipe goes?

BIGW2069 :... Any chance i could have a gander at those designs? As i did engineering at college, worked at an engineering place for a few years, so got some good contacts. PM me, and ill send you my email address.

Dave

Jabba... Ill be interested in one.

On the condition its got the right angle, and a lip to stop the pipe blowing off.

It'll be at the right angle, and have a swaged end to stop the pipe blowing off under high boost.

just been on dieselgeek and it says not for pd tdi engines, are jabba going to do one?

Yes we're going to do one, Cav has already shown good interest, we're hoping to have made one up by the end of next week.

It'll be at the right angle, and have a swaged end to stop the pipe blowing off under high boost.

Yes we're going to do one, Cav has already shown good interest, we're hoping to have made one up by the end of next week.

id be interested in one jabba :thumbup:

they should be available toward the end of next week.

Dont hang around then??

Are you doing them with a nipple/takeoff for a boost gauge?

If not, would you be able to supply one (a bolt on take off?).

What price are you sending these out as? & p+p.

Cheers, Dave

Quite possibly. There's also 'Allard Motor Company' as well I thought? That aside, it's a slightly odd name change don't you think? They moving into hybrid vehicles of a different sort?? :D

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Suggestion, when I had my allard EGR bypass fitted the pipework that was blanked off below blew (it was kind of a ribbed metal tube which split), and started letting exhaust gass into the engine bay and then cab, not good. I had to get a mate to butcher it out and blank outlet off lower down; I seem to remember him saying he blanked it off by the turbo. Worth bearing in mind if looking at EGR issues.

Our kit blanks the egr on the exhaust manifold. So the pipe with the ribbing on it is removed completely.

Our egr pipes are now available and can be seen in our section of the forum.

£49.99 inc 17.5% vat.

Edited by Bigw2069
oops meant to quote

Our kit blanks the egr on the exhaust manifold. So the pipe with the ribbing on it is removed completely.

Our egr pipes are now available and can be seen in our section of the forum.

£49.99 inc 17.5% vat.

So does that come down to 15% vat now :P

Suggestion, when I had my allard EGR bypass fitted the pipework that was blanked off below blew (it was kind of a ribbed metal tube which split), and started letting exhaust gass into the engine bay and then cab, not good. I had to get a mate to butcher it out and blank outlet off lower down; I seem to remember him saying he blanked it off by the turbo. Worth bearing in mind if looking at EGR issues.

I had exactly the same issue. Plus mine blew while I was trying to travel up the M6 to Glasgow at the time :rolleyes: - ended up getting recovered back to Manchester because of it; thought the turbo had blown :mad:

Anyway, just another example of poor Allard service - the instructions should at least have mentioned it. Mine was sorted the same way, by blanking off directly at the turbo.

Steve

getting back to Allards - i spent the last 3 years living in a flat about Lloyd Allard; noisy bugger but did fill the car park with interesting machinery - dual fuel TT, pimped 3 series, and once there was even this mongrel looking silver fabia!!

Then this summer following completion of a TDi endurance racing Scirocco he packed his bags and vanished. Looking at all the previous posts that would seem to coincide with the liquidation/rebrand quite well.

Speaking to Brian at Jabba at the beginning of the month it would seem he has moved to Europe to compete, which would explain the 'Ring stickers all over the Scirocco.