Fitting a HID kit to your Roomster or Fabia II

Decron

How did you fit the lamp holder to the bulb?

I just bought a similar kit, as far as I know the wiring and the balast are the same. The problem on my kit is that i can't fit the holder. It is supposed to go on the wire-end of the lamp of course but I don't understand how I shall fit it. From the lamp there are wires going through a rubber seal ending up in a couple of connectors. In order to fit the holder I need to cut the wires.

Is that what you did or does the lamp unclip from the wires at the socket on your kit?

I know the photos are not linked to the site any more but you can find them here

http://gallery.eggwan.com/main.php?g2_itemId=23562&g2_page=3

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the same pictures. Did you modify the metal bracket that connects to the lamp or did you cut the cables?

I did neither. Match the piccies with the original post and you should get it. It should just fit if you have a similar kit. No-one I know has had to cut wires.

I did neither. Match the piccies with the original post and you should get it. It should just fit if you have a similar kit. No-one I know has had to cut wires.

Then we probably don't have the same kit. I either need to cut the cables to fit the holder on to the lamp or i will have to cut open the rubber seal, remove the cables and slide the holder on through the connecting end of the cable.

Then we probably don't have the same kit. I either need to cut the cables to fit the holder on to the lamp or i will have to cut open the rubber seal, remove the cables and slide the holder on through the connecting end of the cable.

The Rubber seal, is it the roughly 1" in dia one that goes round the two cables?

If so, cut it carefully down the centre halfway so you can remove the cables and put them back again without too much issue. You should be able to get the lamp holder sorted from that I think

The Rubber seal, is it the roughly 1" in dia one that goes round the two cables?

If so, cut it carefully down the centre halfway so you can remove the cables and put them back again without too much issue. You should be able to get the lamp holder sorted from that I think

I had a different seal, I had to remove it completely to make it work but now I've fitted the lamps and will try then tonight.

I had to cut the lamp housing seal to get the cable through. I will seal the small opening tomorrow that is there.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hey guys i have a problem with my bi xenon "H4" kit i fitted on my roomster,but it works only for a couple of weeks and then one of the lights stops to work , this is the 3rd set i am using, the guy who sold it to me doesn't have a clue what the problem could be,because of the guarantee he is fitting me a new pair for the 3rd time.

has anyone some suggestions what the problem could be?

i noticed a thing before i put the xenon kit with the regular bulps for example when you hit the window button to scroll down the window the lights are gating weaker for a second

thx in advance

Edited by gaba

Hey guys i have a problem with my bi xenon "H4" kit i fitted on my roomster,but it works only for a couple of weeks and then one of the lights stops to work , this is the 3rd set i am using, the guy who sold it to me doesn't have a clue what the problem could be,because of the guarantee he is fitting me a new pair for the 3rd time.

has anyone some suggestions what the problem could be?

i noticed a thing before i put the xenon kit with the regular bulps for example when you hit the window button to scroll down the window the lights are gating weaker for a second

thx in advance

weak battery , earthing problem or dodgy alternator?

check the voltage going into the electronic ballasts, check the voltage at the battery engine stopped before first start of the day and oncharge with engine running, i think there are threads on here that tell you the expected volages

peter