Fitting a HID kit to your Roomster or Fabia II

Decron

You turncoat you ;)

Meh :D

Hypocrisy might be too strong a word but I can see you point. I just felt that I should have the experiance rather than rant on about all the issues.

I take it they are nowhere near touching the Projector lens?

Not that I can tell, I have had the one side back out to check soething and there is no sign of it touching and it was fine going in.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitted a set to my fabia tonight, took me 2 hours but im in agreement that the beam is perfectly fine afterward, went a drive and no flashes :)

Do yours flash for a minute second when you first turn them on, go dim then after about 10 seconds gradually get brighter :confused:

Fitted a set to my fabia tonight, took me 2 hours but im in agreement that the beam is perfectly fine afterward, went a drive and no flashes :)

Do yours flash for a minute second when you first turn them on, go dim then after about 10 seconds gradually get brighter :confused:

They take a few secs to hit temparature

The clip that holds the lamp holder!

The last time i saw one of those was on an Audi A4, The purpose for it is to hold an incandescent bulb in a headlight prepared for a factory fit D2S capsule

The one huge difference here is that this HID kit is behind a projector lens, just like it should be. You might think the beam is perfectly fine, but glare might not be. How long did you go out driving for? I might not base your findings on just one quick trip round on one evening.

Steve

So if you're thinking what I'm thinking, which is why not just use a D2S bulb ;)

They are HID bulbs and need a HID kit. They are also £70 each. I think the point being made there is that the headlamp unit is more should be more than suited to this type of bulb

So; seeing as they have a Projector Lens as well, this HID kit ought to be good for fitting into an Octavia II as well. Yes?

Probably. You would need to use the decoders though.

So if you're thinking what I'm thinking, which is why not just use a D2S bulb ;)

That's one option but expensive. The other point is, The Headlamp unit will more than likely be Type Approved for use with HiD's.

Decron,

Looking good. A sensible colour temp too, But it doesn't half highlight how yellow the sidelight are.;)

And i can't get over how slim those ballasts are:eek:

Decron,

Looking good. A sensible colour temp too, But it doesn't half highlight how yellow the sidelight are.;)

And i can't get over how slim those ballasts are:eek:

Thanks

The sidelights can stay like it, if you had seen how dificult it is to change them on the 1.9 you would see what I mean.

The ballasts are tiny and the case is actually stainless steel.

The sidelights can stay like it, if you had seen how dificult it is to change them on the 1.9

I figured that would be your answer,:D

I've read the threads.

Make's mine look positively easy:rolleyes:

Interesting change of opinion, especially as you previously criticized people for fitting them into projectors before :rolleyes:

It is however nice to see that now you have actual experience of them you have seen the light :thumbup: (literately)

I think 6k are the best

Define 'best'? if you want the most possible usable light on the road then 4300K are the ones to go for.

If however you need to show others that you have HID's fitted, by having a blue tint to them (which actually gives off less usable light) then yes 6000K are the ones for you.

Interesting change of opinion, especially as you previously criticized people for fitting them into projectors before :rolleyes:

It is however nice to see that now you have actual experience of them you have seen the light :thumbup: (literately)

It's not a change of opinion especially as I have had HIDS before. If I put these in my Punto which has projectors the result would be awful and people who do these things and continue on regardless of what the effect is on other people are wrong. What I wanted to do we just say "look, here is the effect if you do this and it can be done quite well" Which I hope I have acheived). The pro's outweight the con's in this situation and thats what people have to consider.

This kit works in this car which is what the experiance is. I doubt you could fit these to a Fabia 1 and get the same result.

Define 'best'? if you want the most possible usable light on the road then 4300K are the ones to go for.

If however you need to show others that you have HID's fitted, by having a blue tint to them (which actually gives off less usable light) then yes 6000K are the ones for you.

The science behind the light would say thats correct but having used both recently I find the 6k (Which wasn;t bought for show, it was bought to perform) gives just as much throw and perform fantastically, the light is a little whiter that the 4.3k but the effectivness is just the same. The blue/purple tint (Around the edge of the bean pattern) is from the lense, the standard bulbs had it, I think the white light makes more of it but I think it's a refraction thing.

TBH its good to see an informative set of posts about HID aftermarket lights

Without the "do gooder" brigade jumping all over it saying

"Illegal - illegal -illegal - mot fail "

nice job :thumbup:

Without the "do gooder" brigade jumping all over it saying

"Illegal - illegal -illegal - mot fail "

nice job :thumbup:

.... but the failure would have to be on the technicality of no headlamp wash & self/levelling because as they are fitted into 'projector lenses' on the Roomster/Fabia II (or Octavia II for that matter) there is no difference to OE Xenons.

Fabia 1/Octavia 1 would (ought to) definitely fail, and I would not consider fitting, as they are going into a 'conventional' headlamp lens that will be more prone to scatter and dazzle.