Let the purple commence

missp

Well - I am impatient :rolleyes: and as I am gettin a new bumper anyway I figured I would do a bad job of painting a couple of bits without primer just to see what they look like on before i decide what to do properly. Soooo.....

DSC00640-1.jpg

And many thanks to Jase - my bonnet lifter arrived extremely safely today here is the painted bracket just need it fitting now YAY :thumbup:

DSC00639-1.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahahahha i have a feeling it may be a bit too light so I'll accept your "hmmmmm" will see what its like on her and maybe go order darker paint.

P.S.... Me and Owen movin out soon Ross :D YIPPEE

lol - i was aiming for "cadburys" purple, much darker. But i'll see what i think when these are back on the bumper. Its gonna be these bits, maybe splitter, rubbing strips I do. Was gonna do door handles but may leave them black now.

Oh and arch liners maybe mudflaps.

And many thanks to Jase - my bonnet lifter arrived extremely safely today here is the painted bracket just need it fitting now YAY :thumbup:

DSC00639-1.jpg

I was going to say it looked familiar, only the last time I saw it it was in primer. :D

I'll get pics up of these on her later. Kids at school thought it was ace lol. We'll see. I have decided to just go for spraying the rest in this one. See how it grows on me (and see if i get banned from Rubbadubz meets) if i dont like it well then i will paint them darker. Its only a bit of paint!

Just me and monster. Need my own space for a bit first :D

Dont blame you, best of luck.

And many moons ago a friend of mine had a Fiesta Turbo in the dark met grey they did. She had all the trim lines and bits and bobs done purple rather than the green they come in as standard and it looked really cool.

Dont blame you, best of luck.

And many moons ago a friend of mine had a Fiesta Turbo in the dark met grey they did. She had all the trim lines and bits and bobs done purple rather than the green they come in as standard and it looked really cool.

Well that would; the green looked pretty daft on anything other than a green or red car.

DSC00643.jpg

thats on the car, bit darker than looked spraying it.... every time i see a bar of diary milk tho i will just be reminded its not perfect so i think i may be gettin new paint

(oh p.s... yes i know it looks bad - figured minus primer would be easier to get off to paint over if colour was wrong)

ooo now theres an idea as at present havent been lacquered (as it'll all be redone properly by t'other half as hes off work next week) but that sounds like a wicked idea to tone it down a bit.