Millers Diesel Sport 4?

Gez

Hey guys, just wondering, is it possible to use the Millers Diesel Sport 4 with "Enhanced Diesel" such as Shell V-Power and BP Ultimate etc or is it just for use with normal diesel? The car in question is a 53-plate Fabia VRS. Cheers.

On the other hand its modus operandi is to raise the cetane number of the fuel by 4 IIRC, so why would it not do this for Shell V Power etc?

Yes but there is a limit to how far you can raise the cetane level. You will be more aware of the differance with a lower quality fuel than one of the high grade fuels.

Has anyone ever done a RR day without Millers (or similar) then gone away, added some to their tank and been tested gain. I would love to see how much difference there is.

All I can say is that it is recomended by quite a few people, including Dr Diesel from Diesel Car Mag.

Simon

Has anyone ever done a RR day without Millers (or similar) then gone away, added some to their tank and been tested gain. I would love to see how much difference there is.

Would be very difficult to ascertain any externally valid conclusions from such a test due to the numerous variables involved...

All I can say is that it is recomended by quite a few people, including Dr Diesel from Diesel Car Mag.

Simon

I know several people who swear by it:thumbup:, I am just interested to see what the differences are. Emissions? Torx? Or Horsing Power? etc

I use it in my octy and did a trial last month by not putting any Millers in for 4 tankfulls to see if there was any difference .After 3 weeks I really could feel a difference in acceleration and also fuel consumption. Iwas down to an average of 48 mpg compared to the usual 55 mpg with the millers. My car does exactly the same route every day so I think it gives quite a good indication that Millers does work :thumbup:

If it takes around 4 tanks to see positive results then the ‘test’ vehichle would have to complete 2 RR days to record the difference. Anyone current non ‘Millers’ bods out there fancy trying it in the name of scientific research?

Well i have recently been to the Rolling Road day at Powerstation, and what i will do now is be using Millers for a while (along with V-Power Diesel) but i will only put 1 measure instead of the stated 2 into the fuel as the V-Power already has increased cetane levels. i will then go to powerstation again after a few tank fulls and see what difference if any there is.

P.S. Anyone fancy funding this scientific experiment by paying for the rolling road run?? (its worth a try hahaha) :rolleyes:

Well i have recently been to the Rolling Road day at Powerstation, and what i will do now is be using Millers for a while (along with V-Power Diesel) but i will only put 1 measure instead of the stated 2 into the fuel as the V-Power already has increased cetane levels. i will then go to powerstation again after a few tank fulls and see what difference if any there is.

P.S. Anyone fancy funding this scientific experiment by paying for the rolling road run?? (its worth a try hahaha) :rolleyes:

I look forward to seeing the results:thumbup:. Do you get emissions results too?

Bahnstomer VRS has done a fair bit of experimenting with MDS4 and various different fuels on his TDI Octy VRS.

I think (from memory) he went to a rolling road day and pretty much conluded that V Power Diesel plus MDS4 added a few additional ponies.

Maybe worth pm'ing him and asking him to post his veiws here

Bahnstomer VRS has done a fair bit of experimenting with MDS4 and various different fuels on his TDI Octy VRS.

I think (from memory) he went to a rolling road day and pretty much conluded that V Power Diesel plus MDS4 added a few additional ponies.

Maybe worth pm'ing him and asking him to post his veiws here

I know this topic has been covered a few times before but i remember one of the threads including some info from the Millers people themselves saying that adding it to BP Ultimate or Shell V Power had little to no effect and that it was effectively for use with 'normal' diesel..... I seem to remember they actually advised to use with normal diesel and not V Power / Ultimate.

Try doing a search and i'm sure the thread will come to light again. :thumbup:

Cheers

Dave.

If it takes around 4 tanks to see positive results then the ‘test’ vehichle would have to complete 2 RR days to record the difference. Anyone current non ‘Millers’ bods out there fancy trying it in the name of scientific research?

well I have both a Fabia Vrs and a Dyno Dynamics rolling road. :thumbup:

So if this Millers stuff increases the Diesel Cetane then using V-Power diesel will give more MPG aswell?

When you offset the cost of the millers compared to the increased cost of a tank with V-Power is it worth it?